HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Sep 13, 2023 at 7:22 AM Post #10,951 of 11,913
I think organic is befitting of the tuning signature (natural). I’ve pushed these with an iPhone & PC via the Woo Audio tube mini, Cayin N8ii DAP, LTA MZ3 & Hafler HA75 HP amps. The latter 2 led the pack (unsurprisingly). I’ve concluded these ‘shine’ remarkably…depending upon source pairing…which may be predictive to some. I was surprised at how well these scaled up. The build quality is ‘better’ than I’d anticipated from user-feedback…on the Hifiman brand overall. Earth loop by Pyanook…was my track of choice..and anything by Peter Oren.

Attachments

• IMG_6145.jpeg
    IMG_6145.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6150.jpeg
    IMG_6150.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Sep 13, 2023 at 9:33 AM Post #10,952 of 11,913
Midrange on Arya Organic is closer to (or more) "wet" one from Ananda (nonSM) or still a bit dry and close to HE1000SE ?

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2023 at 10:47 AM Post #10,955 of 11,913
Guys, what are your thoughts on the latest review about the new HEDDPHONE 2 on The Headphone Show, comparing it to HIFIMAN ARYA, stating that the arya sound more compressed than the new heddphone two that was just released?
For 2x the cost of the Arya, I assume they're pretty good.

Sep 13, 2023 at 11:11 AM Post #10,956 of 11,913
Midrange on Arya Organic is closer to (or more) "wet" one from Ananda (nonSM) or still a bit dry and close to HE1000SE ?
Midrange is very clear and incisive, more like HE1000se.

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Sep 13, 2023 at 11:53 AM Post #10,957 of 11,913
Guys, what are your thoughts on the latest review about the new HEDDPHONE 2 on The Headphone Show, comparing it to HIFIMAN ARYA, stating that the arya sound more compressed than the new heddphone two that was just released?
Man, I have a Susvara and that HEDDphone Two has come in and out of my shopping cart at least 3 times 😅

I am SUPER curious to try it out 🙈

People saying “electrostatic speed and resolution” - makes me feel I am missing out, that other musicians will hear things I am not hearing 🥺 and thoughts like that… it’s ok to have concerning thoughts and anxiety when exposed to that heavily marketed thing.. I guess.

Then the value for money proposition is crazy. Magnesium? Carbon fiber headband? Cool carrying case and cables with adapters? Additional pads? Easier to drive than Susvara but as fast and resolving? Mids like HD650. Too much good stuff…

What prevents me from buying it… it is the flavor of the month, not too many reviews around, I have a Susvara and it’s frequency response still looks better, soundstage is deeper which is something I appreciate, and I am reflecting about myself as a human being and questioning why I need to keep upgrading and not just be happy and have peace of mind and in my wallet. There are also other headphones that I am not ready to part ways, that I like a lot and I would have to sell like the HD800S and the MDR-Z1R.

If not, I would have been patiently waiting already for the HEDD to arrive in my house lol 🤣

Sep 13, 2023 at 12:03 PM Post #10,959 of 11,913
I suppose that strapping AMT drivers to your head might indeed contribute some special subjective tactility effects. I personally found the Arya Stealth to be plenty dynamic and incisive (sharpest transients I have heard to date) when fed an appropriate recording. Maybe the pre-included relaxation of the 5 kHz to 6 kHz region, which is what I EQ down for my own ears, implements some clarity that by contrast makes the stock treble-bright Arya tuning sound "compressed". I'm not sure what GoldenSound meant by "compressed". For my own preferences, the build might still be bulky, and the earpad apertures unacceptably small for my preference. As for perception of "detail", that might be related to the high second-order distortion measured in the ear gain region (ASR and Head-Fi) at least for the original HEDDphone, which perhaps like the YH-5000SE, which also has a relaxed ear gain with high second-order distortion there, might be simulating some tube effects. I'd personally rather spend $2k on the HE1000se.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2023 at 12:12 PM Post #10,961 of 11,913
I suppose that strapping AMT drivers to your head might indeed contribute some special subjective tactility effects. I personally found the Arya Stealth to be plenty dynamic and incisive (sharpest transients I have heard to date) when fed an appropriate recording. Maybe the pre-included relaxation of the 5 kHz to 6 kHz region, which is what I EQ down for my own ears, implements some clarity that by contrast makes the stock treble-bright Arya tuning sound "compressed". I'm not sure what GoldenSound meant by "compressed". For my own preferences, the build might still be bulky, and the earpad apertures unacceptably small for my preference. As for perception of "detail", that might be related to the high second-order distortion measured in the ear gain region (ASR and Head-Fi) at least for the original HEDDphone, which perhaps like the YH-5000SE, which also has a relaxed ear gain with high second-order distortion there, might be simulating some tube effects. I'd personally rather spend $2k on the HE1000se.
Thank you for your insight! I agree 100% with you. The somewhat small ear pads and the weight even if well managed are deal breakers for me too. Even the crackling noise they apparently make when moving - it might get to my nerves one day.

I am curious with future HiFiman TOTL, by looking at their great achievements with Organic… chances are it is also worth waiting for their next iterations. There is also a big price gap between the HE1000SE at $2000 and the Susvara at $6000 🧐 it looks suspicious to me…

Sep 13, 2023 at 12:42 PM Post #10,962 of 11,913
Sep 13, 2023 at 3:04 PM Post #10,965 of 11,913
The organic is an excellently tuned HP far better than the previous versions

I've been listening to the Organic with both stock tuning and EQ'd with oratory's preset (for Stealth). I've been enjoying the stock tuning much more but to be fair oratory's preset is for the Arya Stealth which, from what I read, has distinct bass and treble differences from the Organic. With the oratory preset the bass comes through very nicely but the treble and upper mids are totally sucked out to the point where the soundstage collapses. I'd recommend avoiding this EQ preset until oratory releases one specifically for the Organic...or since the stock tuning is already so good you should just make minor bass and treble adjustments to your preference.

A note on the treble: I think it's amazing. While I could see it being a bit hot for sensitive folks, the treble is sharp and sparkly and vibrant. I listen to my Organic at decent volumes but I haven't found it fatiguing so far despite the energetic treble response, however, my listening sessions have been limited to 1 hr or less typically. They haven't been sibilant to me yet. I've seen some people post that the forward treble is a deal breaker for them but I think it's a shame they would pass on such an amazing all-rounder without trialing them (headphones.com has a great policy) or considering simply taming the treble with a bit of EQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back