HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Sep 13, 2023 at 5:08 PM Post #10,967 of 11,945
Listening to some Miles Davis' "Tutu" album is magical on the Organics.

Sep 14, 2023 at 12:13 AM Post #10,968 of 11,945
From what I understand…. the DCA Stealth’s 22 ohm is not the “sensitivity”, 22 ohm refer to its impedance. It means that it probably won’t be prompt to change its character from amplifier to amplifier. That’s why you might be able to get it loud with the Mojo 2 but its sensitivity is also low at around 86db/mw, meaning that you might not have a lot of headroom with the Mojo 2 and its power delivery… the DCA Stealth is hard to drive because of that low sensitivity, which makes it a problem for some devices that might not measure as well at loud volumes and introduce distortion, but thankfully the Mojo 2 is linear up to around 4.3v or its ultra violet color.

Anyway… going back to the topic…That’s why I was recommending the Mojo 2 with the Arya Organic with its 16 ohm impedance and 94db/mw sensitivity :)
You should not look at Volts for driving planars. For example, Arya needs only 2-3V to get it up to 120db, but at the same time, it needs loads of current, more than 150mA.

just to compare: to drive 300 ohms sennheisers up to 120db, you need approximately 8V, but only 25mA of current.

So you should look for mW rating, which includes both Voltage and Current values in it. And secondly, very important thing is good clean power supply for Amp section.

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2023 at 7:00 AM Post #10,969 of 11,945
You should not look at Volts for driving planars. For example, Arya needs only 2-3V to get it up to 120db, but at the same time, it needs loads of current, more than 150mA.

just to compare: to drive 300 ohms sennheisers up to 120db, you need approximately 8V, but only 25mA of current.

So you should look for mW rating, which includes both Voltage and Current values in it. And secondly, very important thing is good clean power supply for Amp section.
🧐

Attachments

• IMG_8040.jpeg
    IMG_8040.jpeg
    345.4 KB · Views: 0
Sep 14, 2023 at 7:07 AM Post #10,970 of 11,945

So you should look for mW rating, which includes both Voltage and Current values in it. And secondly, very important thing is good clean power supply for Amp sectio

I don’t see the problem with Mojo 2 and Arya Organic… It should be powerful enough in terms of mW 🧐

Attachments

• IMG_8041.jpeg
    IMG_8041.jpeg
    371.1 KB · Views: 0
Sep 14, 2023 at 10:40 AM Post #10,971 of 11,945
Those who know me know how critical I am 😎.....today I dedicated myself once again to Fang's models

Let's start with the EF600🙈....the DAC/AMP Combo....I thought I was kidding😝
None of the models harmonised with this amp....the bass/low end is simply unclean and tend to distort👎
You will quickly notice this when you connect them to the SP3000 or Questyle M15....a completely different league👍
Therefore failed for me

01465D66-4C32-47E1-AFFD-2F03C22D85CA.jpeg

But now for something positive...and this from me....yes who would have thought it?😎

The Arya Organic...Hallelujah for 1500 Euro there is nothing to complain about...my ears search in vain for flaws in the performance
The bass is full, punchy, the mids are always present and the illumination (the treble) never drifts into sharpness...very airy sounding
All in all, the best Hifiman I have ever heard👍
(On Sp3000 or on the Questyle CMA 15)

33DAC297-4A4A-4BC6-854D-99E0E29767A9.jpeg

A Susvara is worlds behind the Organic for me personally
So that's it from Vienna from my side on Hifiman
(Who would have thought that a Hifiman would also get a thumb from me?)
Yes, that's me, tough but fair👍

NOMAX

PS.lol

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2023 at 11:51 AM Post #10,972 of 11,945
Those who know me know how critical I am 😎.....today I dedicated myself once again to Fang's models

Let's start with the EF600🙈....the DAC/AMP Combo....I thought I was kidding😝
None of the models harmonised with this amp....the basses are simply unclean and tend to distort👎
You will quickly notice this when you connect them to the SP3000 or Questyle M15....a completely different league👍
Therefore failed for me

01465D66-4C32-47E1-AFFD-2F03C22D85CA.jpeg

But now for something positive...and this from me....yes who would have thought it?😎

The Arya Organic...Hallelujah for 1500 Euro there is nothing to complain about...my ears search in vain for flaws in the performance
The bass is full, punchy, the mids are always present and the illumination (the treble) never drifts into sharpness
All in all, the best Hifiman I have ever heard👍
(On Sp3000 or on the Questyle CMA 15)

33DAC297-4A4A-4BC6-854D-99E0E29767A9.jpeg

A Susvara is worlds behind the Organic for me personally
So that's it from Vienna from my side on Hifiman
(Who would have thought that a Hifiman would also get a thumb from me?)
Yes, that's me, tough but fair👍

NOMAX

PS.lol
You like the Organics better than the HEK? In what ways do you find them better?

Sep 14, 2023 at 1:07 PM Post #10,973 of 11,945
You like the Organics better than the HEK? In what ways do you find them better?

Regarding the tonal performance...in all areas...also compared to the Susvara 😎
(I think the measurements will also show that the Arya Organic is Fangs is best tuned Headphone 😉)

As I said, I was amazed myself,and it takes a lot to convince me and my ears

Wish all Organic Owners many happy hours and a great time 👍

NOMAX

PS.lol

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2023 at 1:59 PM Post #10,974 of 11,945
Regarding the tonal performance...in all areas...also compared to the Susvara 😎
(I think the measurements will also show that the Arya Organic is Fangs is best tuned Headphone 😉)

As I said, I was amazed myself,and it takes a lot to convince me and my ears

Wish all Organic Owners many happy hours and a great time 👍

NOMAX

PS.lol
what version HEK do you have? V1?

Sep 14, 2023 at 4:01 PM Post #10,976 of 11,945
I got them just to see how different they were from the Stealth and really couldn't believe it. I sent them back and will probably get them again one day when I find a great deal here. I find that they are super comfortable to wear.
Then HEK is superior to Organic… and Susvara superior to HEK… but then Organic is superior to Susvara apparently…and finally the cycle can loop itself for us to keep our sanity together✨😌✨ lol

Sep 14, 2023 at 4:38 PM Post #10,977 of 11,945
The special thing about arya organic, as I personally think, is this kind of liveliness/dynamic in the bass/low end and the freshness/airness👍
(On the other hand, listening to Susvara makes me fall asleep😎)

My personal ranking about the Hifimans

1.Arya Organic
2.HE1000SE
3.SUSVARA

NOMAX

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2023 at 5:38 PM Post #10,978 of 11,945
Thank you for your insight! I agree 100% with you. The somewhat small ear pads and the weight even if well managed are deal breakers for me too. Even the crackling noise they apparently make when moving - it might get to my nerves one day.

I am curious with future HiFiman TOTL, by looking at their great achievements with Organic… chances are it is also worth waiting for their next iterations. There is also a big price gap between the HE1000SE at $2000 and the Susvara at $6000 🧐 it looks suspicious to me…
I got a bit worried when I heard Golden's comment on the arya vs heddphone 2 for detail, and I read a comment that apparently they are recommended to be listened to on low/low medium volume. If that's correct then I don't think they would be up my alley at all anyways as I easily prefer listening close to maximum long-term safe volumes with a huge sound:thinking:(I guess cause it's more stimulating) But for people who prefer a set of headphones to use instead of sticking to one all-arounder that might not be a reason to not want it, and if they don't mind lower volume

Sep 14, 2023 at 6:04 PM Post #10,980 of 11,945
I got a bit worried when I heard Golden's comment on the arya vs heddphone 2 for detail, and I read a comment that apparently they are recommended to be listened to on low/low medium volume. If that's correct then I don't think they would be up my alley at all anyways as I easily prefer listening close to maximum long-term safe volumes with a huge sound:thinking:(I guess cause it's more stimulating) But for people who prefer a set of headphones to use instead of sticking to one all-arounder that might not be a reason to not want it, and if they don't mind lower volume
Have you tried any of the Focal Clears?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back