HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Jul 31, 2021 at 3:47 PM Post #4,471 of 11,944
The main reason I bough the RME 2 was due to its EQ capabilities. When I listen to music, I like to be detached from any computer and just relax. I know that I'm limiting myself, but this works way better for me. I found a post with some EQ setting for the LCD 2 and Ananda using the RME 2. I used the settings as the starting point and then adjusted to my preference. I do agree, applying EQ to the LCD 2 does turn them into a beast, and this is only with the 5 band PEQ from the RME. It does leave me wondering, how would the LCD-X will sound with the RME EQ capes compared to the Arya. Also, I do find the LCD 2 headband way more comfortable that my Focal Elex even, even when the Elex is way lighter. That goes for the Arya too, the headband is very similar to the LCD, making the Arya almost weightless, at least in my experience.

You could buy the Qudelix 5K, it got 10 Bands PEQ and plenty of power with Bal Cable for ananda and lcd-2. Yes, i also don't use the exact same values, every ear and headphone is different, also maybe the taste, who knows :)

I can pm you about the outcome of the lcd-x listening session, probably the new version, if you want and if i don't forget?

Ah, ok I see. In that case, I would say Arya. You already have 2 "intimate" soundstages with dynamic impact in LCD-2 & Elex. Go with Arya for the huge soundstage & timbre.
Don't forget that he is using eq for the lcd-2. With those, the intimacy is not completely gone, but less impactful and the soundstage actually pretty huge, which can be further widened with slightly eq tuning. Personally (with eq) i find the timbre on the lcd more natural sounding.

Jul 31, 2021 at 5:24 PM Post #4,472 of 11,944
@Iggnasty If you are considering keeping your lcd2 I would suggest to get the aryas because they would be more of a compliment to the audeze's. I also found them more of a upgrade from the Ananda's then the X's where to the lcd2
Thanks. This seems to be the popular opinion regarding the step on the upgrade from the LCD 2 to LCD X and Ananda to Arya.

Jul 31, 2021 at 8:57 PM Post #4,475 of 11,944
Don't forget that he is using eq for the lcd-2. With those, the intimacy is not completely gone, but less impactful and the soundstage actually pretty huge, which can be further widened with slightly eq tuning. Personally (with eq) i find the timbre on the lcd more natural sounding.
I have to agree with Chris, LCD 2 compared to the Amanda’s even after EQ has less soundstage. I’m not saying they feel like a closed back headphone, but the soundstage is not as wide

Jul 31, 2021 at 11:30 PM Post #4,477 of 11,944
So i am currently running my HIFIMAN-ARYA with chord mojo and ....yeah it works....sounds good but i feel i am missing out a lot...... let's say its working to about 50-60% it's potential... would i be correct in assuming that..... anyway need some amp recommendations..... budget around 700usd....

Aug 1, 2021 at 12:01 AM Post #4,478 of 11,944
I have to agree with Chris, LCD 2 compared to the Amanda’s even after EQ has less soundstage. I’m not saying they feel like a closed back headphone, but the soundstage is not as wide

Will do next week, if it works out with the dealer :)

Not sure, how much of a difference our EQ's make, but when i tried the lcd-2 against the susvara, the soundstage was pretty wide, while the heddphone felt very narrow in comparison. But the lcd-2 is not very wide in all songs, sometimes it seems to be more intimate while it remains to still sound open. It depends on the songs while the arya and susvara for example sound wide in any song. Not sure how to explain it well in words, my vocabulary is lacking there.

So i am currently running my HIFIMAN-ARYA with chord mojo and ....yeah it works....sounds good but i feel i am missing out a lot...... let's say its working to about 50-60% it's potential... would i be correct in assuming that..... anyway need some amp recommendations..... budget around 700usd....

As far as i know, the chord mojo got around 400mw @32 ohm or so, if i remember correctly? Unless it's doing something different, it should be plenty of power to drive the arya even with EQ. If the Bass sounds lacking to you or the treble harsh, it's not the chord but the headphones sound signature. Because the bass is not punchy, but plenty there, it's a different kind of bass which could leave the impression that the treble is much more forward. It may seem weird at first if you are not used to that.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2021 at 2:48 AM Post #4,479 of 11,944
I think you can learn everything important about that product in this review:
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/.../uptone-audio-etherregen-switch-review.10232/

It make zero sense to invest into somthing like this. Really.
There is another opinion by several users
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/uptone-etherregen.925549/
I trust hearing more than measurements
I don't trust that reviewer, because with his measurements he proves the cables do not bring any change in sound, BUT they(cables) have brought huge progress in my system.So that measurements can match or not record what human hearing detects

Even if we just imagine that the sound has gotten better and that is progress for our experience -My Point of View,unless we approach this hobby from a scientific point of view

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2021 at 8:32 AM Post #4,482 of 11,944
I got together with a friend that is leaving the island and he wanted to do a listening session between his headphones and mine, and between 13 headphones the Arya surprised us both. It is a such a capable headphone it gave a few TOTL ones a run for there money. @Iggnasty I would definitely pick the Arya over the lcdX
Thanks for the advice

Aug 1, 2021 at 5:23 PM Post #4,483 of 11,944
You have the option to sell Chord Mojo and then your budget would be around 1000 usd

Aug 1, 2021 at 5:43 PM Post #4,484 of 11,944
I am not here to argue with anyone who chooses to believe otherwise, but Arya is a low sensitivity planar and requires a good deal of power (ideally high current) to achieve peak performance.

Chord Mojo was a good portable in its day, but it's getting a bit long in the tooth compared to modern options. Try the iFi Diablo:

Headphone Max OutputBalanced

S-E
>19.2V/611 mW (@ 600 Ohnn)
>12.6V/4,980 mW (@ 32 Ohm)
>9.6V/153 mW (@ 600 Ohm)
>8.8V/2,417 mW (@ 32 Ohm)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back