HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Jul 30, 2021 at 12:53 AM Post #4,444 of 11,884
Hlooo...... would you guys say that Headamp GSX mini is an endgame Amp for Arya?

You should save your money, aside from nice build quality and very smooth poti, it just consume a lot of electricity and gets very hot, because it's Class A. 3 people including me have tested this amp level matched (paired with RME ADI 2) against a few others and could not hear an audible difference. We could switch nonstop, doesn't matter.

Depending on your needs you could buy for example the Topping EX5 or RME ADI-2 DAC FS as endgame. RME if you want to do a bit of EQ, or do it just with the Topping + APO on Windows or Soundsource on Mac. You could go mobile as well, for example, ifi audio micro signature or xduoo XD-05 BAL. Anything more is a thing of want but not need story.

If you don't want to use EQ but something different sounding, go for example with the xduoo TA-30 or some other hybrid, because they will actually change the sound signature slightly, but not Solid State amps.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2021 at 1:47 AM Post #4,445 of 11,884
I noticed a handful of songs also have that metallic sound on the D90+SP400 with the Arya (V2), its a much warmer THX amp with better channel balance. Thankfully its mainly just certain metal/rock songs that are heavy on the hi-hat & cymbals together that are affected.
Also saw a AEW wrestling clip on youtube today & blown away its like the audio has one of those old "hall" EQ's on it with the arya. Actually that impressed me even though I didn't like it at first...was a shock & something to adjust to, never heard any other headphone do that naturally.
The largest change after breaking it in I've noticed lately is the bass has gotten quite Punchy!
My Arya bass experience exactly. Punchy bass with depth, depending on the song/recording quality and amp juice/character to a certain extent.

Jul 30, 2021 at 1:48 AM Post #4,446 of 11,884
Jul 30, 2021 at 1:55 AM Post #4,447 of 11,884
Interesting. @T 1000 Which amp below lets say 700 to 800 bucks would be a significant upgrade to an A90 in your opinion in combination with the Aryas? I would not say no to try something new... @LongBeforeShort Thank for the offer, but I`m more from the west (Düsseldorf area)
If you can, try something discrete, class A, or AB. Something with a little character, not ruthlessly or annoyingly bright. Something "fuller" sounding with punch, not thin like many THX type amps. I vote Gustard.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2021 at 1:58 AM Post #4,448 of 11,884
Jul 30, 2021 at 10:03 AM Post #4,449 of 11,884
Really......in your opinion which would be the best of the best for it....
Arya are headphones that are tuned to the spatial stage, and are technically capable of displaying a very advanced system. What is their ultimate capability, I don't know, but I believe it would be on a well-complex system;
5K-6K-amp
about 5K-DAC
3K-4K cables
... some more extras for "cleaner" Ethernet
is, what I think Arya can portray
Everyone has their own beliefs, and mine are, that headphones should not be the most expensive piece of equipment in the system
But Arya also sounds nice on my, far cheaper system
Bakoon AMP-13R
I like your choice
Synergy of top engineering and modern design at an affordable price
The little one is a star

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2021 at 10:15 AM Post #4,450 of 11,884
... some more extras for "cleaner" Ethernet

Thanks for this. As an computer scientist I can classify your belief now better.

@Alex May Thanks for the suggestion! If I find a buyer for the A90and won`t loose too much money, I may give the Singxer a try. The specs are quite similar, but internally it seems to be a completely different beast with all these discrete components. Reviews look promising!

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2021 at 8:43 PM Post #4,451 of 11,884
Everyone has their own beliefs, and mine are, that headphones should not be the most expensive piece of equipment in the system
But Arya also sounds nice on my, far cheaper system
As an individual who belongs to the Blue-Collar demographic, I do not have a lot of experience with high end equipment and that’s why I depend a lot on this kind of forums and web sites/YouTube channels that review high/semi hight end equipment before I consider to make a purchase. From the hundreds of reviews, videos, articles I’ve read/seen, I have to say you are probably the only person who believes the headphones should not be the most expensive part of your equipment, which is the reason why I respectfully take your opinion with a gran of salt. Based on your claim, the only thing my RME ADI 2 FS will power to its fully extend would be headphones under the 350 dollar range, like the Sundara, or maybe wired Beats. But please, if this is not the correct forum for someone of my social demographic, let me know and I will gladly unwatch this thread.

For everyone else, I’m still have not decided between the LCD X and Arya. The real issue is that I have been able to listen to the Aryas and not the LCD X, for me this will be it, the TOTL (for me) headphone in my set up. I currently own the 2021 V of the LCD 2 F and the Ananda. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Jul 30, 2021 at 9:20 PM Post #4,452 of 11,884
For everyone else, I’m still have not decided between the LCD X and Arya. The real issue is that I have been able to listen to the Aryas and not the LCD X, for me this will be it, the TOTL (for me) headphone in my set up. I currently own the 2021 V of the LCD 2 F and the Ananda. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
LCD-X vs Arya is easy... which do you value more: dynamic impact or soundstage? You can't have both. At least not for less than the price of a used car. lol

Frankly, given that you already own a LCD2F and Ananda, I wouldn't recommend either the LCD-X or the Arya. Get a dynamic to balance out your collection. Maybe a ZMF Auteur or Focal Clear. Or if you can stretch your budget just a bit, the ZMF Verite is the rarest of all creatures - a headphone with both powerful impact and vast soundstage. Endgame sorted.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2021 at 11:50 PM Post #4,454 of 11,884
LCD-X vs Arya is easy... which do you value more: The discs in your cervical spine or headphones? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
While I've only ever given the LCD-X a quick listen, and they do sound pretty great, I couldn't get them off my head fast enough. The difference in comfort between them and the Arya is night and day. The Arya are lightweight and comfortable and the LCD-X simply are not. I do have neck issues though, so their weight doesn't bother everyone.

Jul 30, 2021 at 11:55 PM Post #4,455 of 11,884
As an individual who belongs to the Blue-Collar demographic, I do not have a lot of experience with high end equipment and that’s why I depend a lot on this kind of forums and web sites/YouTube channels that review high/semi hight end equipment before I consider to make a purchase. From the hundreds of reviews, videos, articles I’ve read/seen, I have to say you are probably the only person who believes the headphones should not be the most expensive part of your equipment, which is the reason why I respectfully take your opinion with a gran of salt. Based on your claim, the only thing my RME ADI 2 FS will power to its fully extend would be headphones under the 350 dollar range, like the Sundara, or maybe wired Beats. But please, if this is not the correct forum for someone of my social demographic, let me know and I will gladly unwatch this thread.

No need to fret over just one opinion out of thousands. I'm of the opinion that I should invest most of my money in the transducer, as that will have the greatest influence over the overall SQ. Arya does scale with better source gears but for me there's a limit because my wallet is limited. At some point before I go broke my chain will have to simply be good enough/best I can do without running into STEEP diminishing returns. My overall philosophy is still best bang for the buck and maximum performance for $$$ invested - I'd be wise to not forget those guiding sets of principles. I've got a $1500+ set of cans and $1500+ invested in all source components in my HP setup (cables and shopping used gear included). For me that's quite enough (for now - haha) because the SQ is excellent, IMO. Now time to invest in some music.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back