HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Jun 3, 2021 at 11:01 AM Post #3,947 of 11,880
Are they still sounding big and open
I don’t have experience with previous (silent) revisions, but yeah they still sound really big and open with great depth. Just sounds a bit sharp in the treble to my ears occasionally.

I have this weird issue that on some tracks stock tuning sounds kinda thin and distant, and with Oratory’s EQ it gains a bit of warmth and sounds a little fuller but can sound somewhat honky on some tracks. Might be down to the few revisions this model has gone through compared to the pair that Oratory used at the time. Not quite sure what to think about this headphone.

Jun 3, 2021 at 11:32 AM Post #3,948 of 11,880
They're kind of annoying me with the silent revisions. I do research on what headphone characteristics I want and what amp I should get that plays well with it, then next thing I know there is a revision with little info about how it differs from previous models, and now I'm calling into question if all my research time was wasted. I might not even buy it at all.

I doubt it can be a huge change since it's just a padding and cloth change but pads do play into the acoustical aspect of a headphone since that pad will be what bounces the sound around. Or if there were any electrical changes like mentioned previously. Why is buying my first high end pair so tedious lol.

Jun 3, 2021 at 11:42 AM Post #3,949 of 11,880
As you suspect, the changes are quite minimal and the impact to over-all sound is very small and for the better -- especially if one is treble sensitive.

Jun 3, 2021 at 11:45 AM Post #3,950 of 11,880
They're kind of annoying me with the silent revisions. I do research on what headphone characteristics I want and what amp I should get that plays well with it, then next thing I know there is a revision with little info about how it differs from previous models, and now I'm calling into question if all my research time was wasted. I might not even buy it at all.
I get why this is upsetting, but also, we do want factories to keep improving quality of the product. Some revisions are more than welcome, even if they are silent and not communicated, others, I agree would be good to read about in a press release - but that is all about marketing and what they consider a new version.

Jun 3, 2021 at 1:33 PM Post #3,952 of 11,880
I currently own an HD6XX and a DT 880 600 ohm that is balanced modded. I have some spare funds and a used arya is currently for sale. Is it worth it to sell both the headphones and get an arya?
Definitely. What amp are you using? Without a decent amp, you won't be able to get everything out of the Arya that is possible, but it should still be a good step up from those headphones.

Jun 3, 2021 at 3:25 PM Post #3,954 of 11,880
I have the topping a30pro+d30pro stack, would that suffice?
Oh yeah... all good there. They'll drive the Arya just fine! There's always another Amp/Dac to try out to see if you can get that last 5% out of your headphones, but the A30pro will do the job just fine.

I would DEFINITELY get a balanced 4.4/pentacon cable though to get the most power out of the amp as you can. The Arya LOVES power...

Jun 3, 2021 at 4:20 PM Post #3,956 of 11,880
Oh yeah... all good there. They'll drive the Arya just fine! There's always another Amp/Dac to try out to see if you can get that last 5% out of your headphones, but the A30pro will do the job just fine.

I would DEFINITELY get a balanced 4.4/pentacon cable though to get the most power out of the amp as you can. The Arya LOVES power...
I'm confused by this statement. If you take 2 amps, volume match it won't they both be sending the same amount of power to the headphone? So as long as you can get it to that volume level what difference does it make?

Jun 3, 2021 at 5:36 PM Post #3,959 of 11,880
How is the Arya with Black Label and Signature? I see u listed u have or had them. I'm considering getting one of them. I prefer Bluetooth dac/amps as I'm using es100 right now. I might use it with either ifi dac/amp if get it. Im not sure if its worth the price as I didn't like the chord mojo at that similar price.

I like them a lot. The Signature is more treble forward and analytical vs the Black Label is a little warmer. Prefer the Signature.
I went through a couple of desk amps/dacs and decided there’s no point. The Micro iDSD line has gobs of power and are all I need/want. Being able to listen to my Arya around the house in different places easily is crucial to me + the Xbass/3D switches are a lot of fun depending on the song.

Jun 3, 2021 at 10:17 PM Post #3,960 of 11,880
I like them a lot. The Signature is more treble forward and analytical vs the Black Label is a little warmer. Prefer the Signature.
I went through a couple of desk amps/dacs and decided there’s no point. The Micro iDSD line has gobs of power and are all I need/want. Being able to listen to my Arya around the house in different places easily is crucial to me + the Xbass/3D switches are a lot of fun depending on the song.
Curious as to which amp you prefer, the Honey or the iDSD?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back