HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Aug 20, 2023 at 5:48 AM Post #10,667 of 11,944
i am bit confused by impressions, i own/ owned almost totl hifiman headphones

is the organic more bassy than the he1000 series, to me the best hifiman headphone after susvara is still the he1000v1

is the organic better in mids and vocals than the he1000 series

also are the highs more peaky than the he1000 series

Aug 20, 2023 at 6:19 AM Post #10,669 of 11,944
1000026499.jpg
Coming from the "SE", i consider them an upgrade..

Aug 20, 2023 at 7:43 AM Post #10,670 of 11,944
After 70hrs (more or less) this are my impression..

There's more impact on the lower region, still maintain a good definition.

One of the most noticeable improvement is on depth, now the voice are placed correctly in front of you and over the other instruments.

I found the organic one of the most "chameleon" headphone in term of soundstage.
Is very track dependent, so can be very intimate and close sounding with some song or open and airy (even more than the stealth) with others.

High frequency doesn't bother me anymore, but it still a bright headphone.

All my listening was through an ess 9038pro, i assume that an r2r dac will be a best match for the organic.

I will wait to complete the burn-in before saying how the arya perform with instruments and different musical genres, since it has changed quite a lot from day 1.

That's all
For now...

Aug 20, 2023 at 8:28 AM Post #10,671 of 11,944
After 70hrs (more or less) this are my impression..

There's more impact on the lower region, still maintain a good definition.

One of the most noticeable improvement is on depth, now the voice are placed correctly in front of you and over the other instruments.

I found the organic one of the most "chameleon" headphone in term of soundstage.
Is very track dependent, so can be very intimate and close sounding with some song or open and airy (even more than the stealth) with others.

High frequency doesn't bother me anymore, but it still a bright headphone.

All my listening was through an ess 9038pro, i assume that an r2r dac will be a best match for the organic.

I will wait to complete the burn-in before saying how the arya perform with instruments and different musical genres, since it has changed quite a lot from day 1.

That's all
For now...
Did you use stock SE cable or your own balanced cable while listening? bth where to get good quality 4.4 balanced cable for these?

Aug 20, 2023 at 8:53 AM Post #10,672 of 11,944
Did you use stock SE cable or your own balanced cable while listening? bth where to get good quality 4.4 balanced cable for these?
Balanced
Because the xlr/4.4 out on my k9 pro is way better than the se.

Aug 20, 2023 at 2:41 PM Post #10,673 of 11,944
I remember sundara had a very marked right-left stereo effect and I liked it a lot, who of you tried arya stealth and organic, which of the 2 has a sound image more to the right and left instead of central?

Aug 20, 2023 at 2:51 PM Post #10,674 of 11,944
I remember sundara had a very marked right-left stereo effect and I liked it a lot, who of you tried arya stealth and organic, which of the 2 has a sound image more to the right and left instead of central?
The main vocal should be center (majority of mixes), if you are hearing too much to one side you most likely have some sort of channel imbalance.

Aug 20, 2023 at 3:30 PM Post #10,676 of 11,944
headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Aug 20, 2023 at 4:36 PM Post #10,678 of 11,944
Arya Stealth have very centralized stage. It doesn't expand laterally. If you want more lateral sound, Organic or HEK Stealth might be better. I will receive my HEK Stealth soon. I can do a comparison.
Arya Stealth presentation is generally in front, centralized. It puts you inside of the music. Stage is deep and tall but as i said there isn't much right/left to it. Left is like left edge of your left eyeball. Stage is like an arc in front of you between left edge of your left eyeball to right edge of your right eyeball. I mean this is how i perceive it. It will depend on person i think. It's somewhat like a narrow corridor. It's immersive. It puts you inside of the music. It doesn't put the music inside your head. Much better than Sundara.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back