HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Aug 18, 2023 at 10:44 AM Post #10,636 of 11,943
I get what you’re saying but this is a Headphones.com measurement. I don’t agree entirely with what Resolve’s opinions are on headphones but the dude knows how to measure. His technical knowledge is super high.

Up until seeing the graph I was really excited for the Organic. Now I’m not. I’ll still listen to them when they arrive at my local store but I’m not expecting leaving with them.
I know he knows a lot but it has nothing to do with knowing. This, for example, is the measurement of DCA Stealth on B&K 5128, which is actually a perfect Harman curve when measured on GRAS.

1692369669989.png

As you see, it looks different from Harman but it is actually a Harman tuned HP.

That said, I still think it will be bright, and just like you I bought recently an original HEKv2 (even that is slightly bright sometimes) and I am not too interested in Organic, other than its efficiency.

Aug 18, 2023 at 11:11 AM Post #10,637 of 11,943
I get what you’re saying but this is a Headphones.com measurement. I don’t agree entirely with what Resolve’s opinions are on headphones but the dude knows how to measure. His technical knowledge is super high.

Up until seeing the graph I was really excited for the Organic. Now I’m not. I’ll still listen to them when they arrive at my local store but I’m not expecting leaving with them.
5128 supposed to be the most accurate rig however i see a treble peak in almost every measurement with this rig. Even HD650 show 8k peak.

Aug 18, 2023 at 4:13 PM Post #10,638 of 11,943
Tomorrow morning Organic will be one of the first HPs I will check at CanJam. I have my DAP with me. If it passes my cymbal tests, if the vocals are close to Harman tuning and if I can drive it with mid gain of my DAP with half the volume, I will probably get one when I am back.

But HEDD is also bringing a new HP. It is supposed to be lighter but whether as comfortable, as easy to drive and as well tuned as Arya are the questions.

Aug 19, 2023 at 4:10 AM Post #10,639 of 11,943
Really wanted to go to can jam London this year but it clashed with my wife's wedding plans 🤣

Tomorrow morning Organic will be one of the first HPs I will check at CanJam. I have my DAP with me. If it passes my cymbal tests, if the vocals are close to Harman tuning and if I can drive it with mid gain of my DAP with half the volume, I will probably get one when I am back.

But HEDD is also bringing a new HP. It is supposed to be lighter but whether as comfortable, as easy to drive and as well tuned as Arya are the questions.

Please let us know what you find

Aug 19, 2023 at 5:48 AM Post #10,641 of 11,943
I apologize, this probably is something that has been posted too many times. Am just looking for recommendation if XS stealth, Ananda Stealth or Nano is really upgrade, or just skip from Sundara direct to Arya or Arya Stealth? Budget is issue, and this is just thought process for me, but if I buy Ananda S or Nano S, still will not vet decent ROI and will be in same position as now. Other advice I am looking for is if the answer is same if it is Arya or Arya Stealth, still skip from Sundara to any Arya available?

Thank you to everybody, advice is very much appreciated.

Aug 19, 2023 at 10:28 AM Post #10,644 of 11,943
Sajid’s review is up. Personally I think he’s got great ears, we align in a tonne of ways for what we like in a headphone and overall I think he’s a trustworthy reviewer. He calls the Organic one of the best headphones he’s ever heard.

Aug 19, 2023 at 10:36 AM Post #10,645 of 11,943
I've seen so many conflicting reviews about the Arya Organic's soundstaging - from it being as big or bigger sounding than the Arya V1/V2, to it being smaller than the Arya Stealth or any of the HEK series.

I've got the Arya V2 and would not trade its staging for anything less, but would consider an upgrade to a bigger sound. I've spent a lot of time with the Arya Stealth - it's not for me.

I've never had issues with Arya treble. The Arya V2 treble is at the level I'd describe as being right at the peak of what I enjoy. Any more would be too much and less would be less satisfying. The timbre is less natural sounding than my ZMF Atrium. I don't think any Hifiman other than Susvara can compete with timbre there (but I'm not looking to spend that much). I'm also perfectly happy with the Arya V2 bass response - detailed, textured, fully extended without being boomy too thumpy/fatiguing.

So really, if no other Arya or HEK matches or expands on the Arya V2 soundstage whilst also significantly improving on its timbre, I may as will stick with the V2 for a couple more years.

I'm keen to hear more impressions on whether the Arya Organic or the HEKSE would be meaningful upgrades given my preferences.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2023 at 12:54 PM Post #10,647 of 11,943
I've seen so many conflicting reviews about the Arya Organic's soundstaging - from it being as big or bigger sounding than the Arya V1/V2, to it being smaller than the Arya Stealth or any of the HEK series.

I've got the Arya V2 and would not trade its staging for anything less, but would consider an upgrade to a bigger sound. I've spent a lot of time with the Arya Stealth - it's not for me.

I've never had issues with Arya treble. The Arya V2 treble is at the level I'd describe as being right at the peak of what I enjoy. Any more would be too much and less would be less satisfying. The timbre is less natural sounding than my ZMF Atrium. I don't think any Hifiman other than Susvara can compete with timbre there (but I'm not looking to spend that much). I'm also perfectly happy with the Arya V2 bass response - detailed, textured, fully extended without being boomy too thumpy/fatiguing.

So really, if no other Arya or HEK matches or expands on the Arya V2 soundstage whilst also significantly improving on its timbre, I may as will stick with the V2 for a couple more years.

I'm keen to hear more impressions on whether the Arya Organic or the HEKSE would be meaningful upgrades given my preferences.

I can't say about V2, as I mentioned I've never been able to test them, but I can talk about Arya Stealth, and I can say that its soundtage is quite limited, especially horizontally, and it was something I wanted to improve, and I wasn't sure if Organic was going to be an improvement, but I can tell that it is, clearly on soundtage an improvement over the Arya Stealth.

but I have no idea if it can be at the level of v2 or close, I would love to hear from people who have both and can compare them.

@DarginMahkum I'm glad you like Organic, I think for the price it's a great deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back