HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Jul 25, 2021 at 1:59 PM Post #4,381 of 11,884
That's a really open question my man, they are both great in there on way. It depends on the type of music you listen to and your sonic taste and you really can't compare a closed headphone to an open one especially with a planar like the Arya that has insane Soundstage and instrument separation
I know the Arya has more Soundstage than the LCD-XC, but by how much? the type of music I listen to are Electronics, Trance, Rave, Rap, Classical, Vocal trance, romantic love songs.

Jul 25, 2021 at 2:20 PM Post #4,382 of 11,884
So you think the LCD-XC is better than those closed back ones from Focal?

I haven't heard the Stellia, Radiance, or Celestee, but the XC is significantly better than the Elegia IMO. However, I own the Clear and the XC bests it on everything except bass impact, soundstage width, and overall coherence of tuning. And those are pretty narrow losses. I would also take the XC over the Verite C.

Jul 25, 2021 at 2:45 PM Post #4,383 of 11,884
I know the Arya has more Soundstage than the LCD-XC, but by how much?

Can't help to give you the exact percentage numbers, but from my perspective, comparing side by side Arya and XC will not make XC sound compress or congested. Yes it is smaller soundstage, but still with enough spacious and air between instrument.

Something like Focal Elegia or Celestee significantly smaller in imaging.

Jul 25, 2021 at 8:59 PM Post #4,384 of 11,884
I haven't heard the Stellia, Radiance, or Celestee, but the XC is significantly better than the Elegia IMO. However, I own the Clear and the XC bests it on everything except bass impact, soundstage width, and overall coherence of tuning. And those are pretty narrow losses. I would also take the XC over the Verite C.
So the Focal Clear has better soundstage than XC?

Jul 25, 2021 at 9:14 PM Post #4,385 of 11,884
So the Focal Clear has better soundstage than XC?

I would say so. I find people tend to exaggerate the narrowness of the Clear's soundstage. It's not stellar, by any means, but they sound open, outside your head, well separated, and nicely layered in their imaging. What they don't have is the uncanny sort of distance that the HD800 or HD800S (and perhaps only those headphones) can create in the soundstage. If you prioritize soundstage, the Arya is an excellent choice. It's very wide and well layered, but it doesn't produce might be considered artificially wide soundstage. Just excellent imaging and tremendous separation.

Jul 26, 2021 at 12:07 AM Post #4,386 of 11,884
I would say so. I find people tend to exaggerate the narrowness of the Clear's soundstage. It's not stellar, by any means, but they sound open, outside your head, well separated, and nicely layered in their imaging. What they don't have is the uncanny sort of distance that the HD800 or HD800S (and perhaps only those headphones) can create in the soundstage. If you prioritize soundstage, the Arya is an excellent choice. It's very wide and well layered, but it doesn't produce might be considered artificially wide soundstage. Just excellent imaging and tremendous separation.
I completely agree, I thought the clear was a great all arounder but I sold them once I got the lcd X and XC. And now that I have the arya the X is going for sale but the XC is staying with me for a wile. Another thing to consider @jincuteguy is that the audeze headphones require eq to really shine and the arya doesn't

Jul 26, 2021 at 12:43 AM Post #4,387 of 11,884
Which programs are people using to EQ the Arya's?

Jul 26, 2021 at 12:47 AM Post #4,388 of 11,884
Anyone have experience with cables from kable Kraft:

https://kablekraft.com/

Was looking to upgrade my stock cables for balanced ones and these guys look fairly priced but can hardly find many reviews on em.
Best i can do is pass on a recommendation for: https://koalaaudiocables.com These got suggested to me on another forum (SN). I personally use Periapt but due to world tour delays in shipping & no I'm not joking!!! I can't recommend them internationally right now.

Jul 26, 2021 at 12:51 AM Post #4,389 of 11,884
Which programs are people using to EQ the Arya's?
I like how they sound with my DX300 with AMP12 and Cayin C9 without EQ. When I do EQ, I use Equalizer APO with Peace interface. Best parametric EQ I've used and it's free.

Jul 26, 2021 at 12:53 AM Post #4,390 of 11,884
I like how they sound with my DX300 with AMP12 and Cayin C9 without EQ. When I do EQ, I use Equalizer APO with Peace interface. Best parametric EQ I've used and it's free.
I used APO in the past, will use it again. Thank you for bringing to my attention peace GUI, that looks nice.

Any info on which program people use on Macs to EQ? My job assigned me a mac and lately I've been using Apple Music more as a result.

Jul 26, 2021 at 12:54 AM Post #4,392 of 11,884
I used APO in the past, will use it again. Thank you for bringing to my attention peace GUI, that looks nice.

Any info on which program people use on Macs to EQ? My job assigned me a mac and lately I've been using Apple Music more as a result.
Sorry, I don't have a MAC.

Jul 26, 2021 at 12:55 AM Post #4,393 of 11,884
Jul 26, 2021 at 12:55 AM Post #4,394 of 11,884
+1 on APO and peace. I also have a pre amp tube buffer that has bass and high controls
I am thinking about buying a Lokius from Schitt when I need minor adjustments in my desktop system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back