HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Jul 23, 2021 at 12:20 AM Post #4,351 of 11,886
Give them time to play in and loosen up. IME, they get a little more natural if not quite to the level of the 800s. Notice I didn't say "burn in", haha.

Don't worry, I'll leave the lid firmly on that can of worms. :wink: But, I will also definitely be giving the Arya a great deal more listening time. If nothing else, I always find my brain and ears need some time to adjust to new headphones. Plus, they sound phenomenal as is, so whatever psychological, physical, or metaphysical forces are at work will have plenty of time to make their adjustments.

Jul 23, 2021 at 12:31 AM Post #4,352 of 11,886
Oh they sound fantastic. At first I was like what's so special, it's just neutral. Then I did a A/B test between them and Eikon.

Then I realized the massive differences.

Doing a blind test likely this weekend, the vocals are just so delicious on the Arya.
Glad to hear they are ok, I think the aryas even give the verite a run for its money

Jul 23, 2021 at 12:40 AM Post #4,353 of 11,886
Glad to hear they are ok, I think the aryas even give the verite a run for its money
Yeah I agree. Verite closed was my end game simply because open back is difficult for my home (loud construction noises among other things).
But honestly the Arya are incredible.
This might be end game for me.
That being said I’ll be returning this pair from Amazon as the box is damaged and sadly the headphones are scratched at the headband.

Is Hifiman quality control is still what it was like a few years? Debating on buying a pair of Arya used to avoid the hassles of Amazon and to save money on sales tax. $1599 Arya with tax in my state is about $1708 total.
But if you or others on here think it’s a must to have warranty with Hifiman then I’ll just order direct from hifiman to avoid the hassle.

Jul 23, 2021 at 2:59 AM Post #4,355 of 11,886
You can always get an open box from hifiman or a distributor for 1100-1300 with full warranty, that's how I got my he1000
I may go that route, I see someone open box for $1299.

Jul 23, 2021 at 9:06 AM Post #4,356 of 11,886
By that logic just get an Atom, haha. Seriously, because one person or three can't (or won't) hear a difference doesn't mean there aren't differences with different amps driving Arya. All four of my amps bring something different to the table. Vote your conscience.
I would really like it if instead of STAX + T2 I got exactly the same with STAX + under 500 amp. That would be my target right now
I'm a little jealous

Jul 23, 2021 at 10:16 AM Post #4,358 of 11,886
Is that at slider part? Because AFAIK almost all if not all Arya shipped with that kind of condition.
It’s sadly actually on the pads. Whoever took the box cutter or razor to the box went so deep as to damage the inside where the cloth is then the cans above. They basically cut into the pads and headband a bit. On a brand new pair. It’s disappointing.
Will probably go with bloom or direct from hifiman on my second attempt to purchase.

Jul 23, 2021 at 11:11 AM Post #4,359 of 11,886
It’s sadly actually on the pads. Whoever took the box cutter or razor to the box went so deep as to damage the inside where the cloth is then the cans above. They basically cut into the pads and headband a bit. On a brand new pair. It’s disappointing.
Will probably go with bloom or direct from hifiman on my second attempt to purchase.

Ouchh, ok that's bad. Hopefully your problem resolve soon!

Jul 23, 2021 at 12:32 PM Post #4,360 of 11,886
I would really like it if instead of STAX + T2 I got exactly the same with STAX + under 500 amp. That would be my target right now
I'm a little jealous
I'd look at Gustard, Schiit, or something upper scale but from the used market. Arya loves discrete, class A or AB amps that have a little character, that are not ruthlessly and annoyingly bright, IMO. They scale well with better source components. Right now my Gustard H20 with upgraded op amps have them sounding quite transparent and dynamic. Where some of the other chip amps can make Arya sound thin, the class A/AB amps fill them out well, makes a more natural presentation.

Jul 23, 2021 at 1:53 PM Post #4,362 of 11,886
Agreed, but you'll probably want to look at a hybrid SS/Tube. While there are some OTL pure tube amps out there that can drive Arya, they are far less prevalent and require ensuring that they can drive low impedance HPs and still deliver a reasonable about of power.

Jul 23, 2021 at 3:56 PM Post #4,363 of 11,886
Agreed, but you'll probably want to look at a hybrid SS/Tube. While there are some OTL pure tube amps out there that can drive Arya, they are far less prevalent and require ensuring that they can drive low impedance HPs and still deliver a reasonable about of power.

Not going into details, but everything up to 1W is more than enough to drive the arya, its already way more than they ever need no matter if you do crazy eq or pair it with quiet source as well.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2021 at 4:34 PM Post #4,364 of 11,886
Not going into details, but everything up to 1W is more than enough to drive the arya, its already way more than they ever need no matter if you do crazy eq or pair it with quiet source as well.
Haha, laughs in jumper bypassed Emotiva a-100..... :L3000:, and .50cal

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2021 at 4:50 PM Post #4,365 of 11,886
I'll go into a bit more detail. Depends on how you get to that 1W. Watts = amps (current) x volts. Dynamic HPs typically need their watts derived more from volts, while Planars need their watts derived more from amps/current. Not enough current and Arya will not sound its best.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back