HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Dec 20, 2022 at 9:13 AM Post #9,151 of 11,884
Best Headphone – Best Value:

HIFIMAN Arya Stealth
The Arya Stealth’s tuning is very good. It’s pleasing, yet technically strong as well as musical and exciting. The Arya Stealth always has a good body, presence, impact and depth. It’s very easy to understand why this headphone is getting so many recommendations. It’s an absolute award winner and in this price category, the Arya Stealth is hard to beat.

https://www.headfonia.com/headfonia-2022-awards-part-1/
Certainly hard to beat at that price.
It was competitive at 1800,-

It certainly is a strong proposition at 1300,-

Dec 20, 2022 at 9:31 AM Post #9,152 of 11,884

HIFIMAN Arya Stealth
The Arya Stealth’s tuning is very good. It’s pleasing, yet technically strong as well as musical and exciting. The Arya Stealth always has a good body, presence, impact and depth. It’s very easy to understand why this headphone is getting so many recommendations. It’s an absolute award winner and in this price category, the Arya Stealth is hard to beat.

Thanks for flagging this material and I look forward to the 2nd part :)

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Dec 20, 2022 at 1:12 PM Post #9,153 of 11,884
I just ordered the Aryas and found a deal on some open box Topping stuff (A90D and D30pro = total $700$

Would this be a good combo? I want the Aryas to really shine. If there are better options around the price point let me know. I won’t be sitting at a desk so remote control would be much needed.

Dec 20, 2022 at 2:46 PM Post #9,154 of 11,884

HIFIMAN Arya Stealth

I’m sorry guys, i have to get this off of my chest, as an original Arya V1 and now Arya SE owner i have to be honest and say that i prefer the OG, sure it wasn’t as accurate, and yes the SE is more well rounded, but the OG was really something special, atleast to me. That stage, presentation, the spaciousness, it all made the OG one of a kind. I am happy with the SE, but i don’t grab it nearly as much as i grabbed the OG. Just wanted to put that out there. Lol

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2022 at 9:45 PM Post #9,156 of 11,884
I haven't heard the XS, but I have both the Ananda and the Arya Stealth (traded in my Arya v2 for them). The Arya is a wholly more complete HP listening experience that the Ananda merely hints at.....
How did you trade your v2 for the stealth? Just sell it and put that money towards the stealth? I have v2 and I like it a lot but had thoughts about eventually going up to v3 if it's worth it.

Dec 20, 2022 at 10:47 PM Post #9,157 of 11,884
I’m sorry guys, i have to get this off of my chest, as an original Arya V1 and now Arya SE owner i have to be honest and say that i prefer the OG, sure it wasn’t as accurate, and yes the SE is more well rounded, but the OG was really something special, atleast to me. That stage, presentation, the spaciousness, it all made the OG one of a kind. I am happy with the SE, but i don’t grab it nearly as much as i grabbed the OG. Just wanted to put that out there. Lol
From what I've gathered, the SE is the better choice for folks that plan on using it as their main headphone. The V1/V2 would probably be more appealing and interesting to audiophiles that own multiple headphones.

Dec 21, 2022 at 1:00 AM Post #9,158 of 11,884
How did you trade your v2 for the stealth? Just sell it and put that money towards the stealth? I have v2 and I like it a lot but had thoughts about eventually going up to v3 if it's worth it.
I returned it to the shop and topped up the difference for the Arya Stealths. They are great and I love them but don’t be fooled by the price of the XS. They are also amazing!

Dec 21, 2022 at 1:41 AM Post #9,160 of 11,884
Any dac / amp recommendations that would make them sing? 😀
My Arya SE is camped on this chain : Metrum acoustics Ambre ==>> Schiit Bifrost 2/64 ==>> Singxer Sa1

It sings so beautifully on that chain that it almost makes me think I'm listening to an "endgame" chain. Yet when I move it another chain with an upgraded amp/Dac combo, such as a sonnet morpheus ==>> niimbus us4, the arya SE knows how to up the ante by showing me how foolish I was to consider the previous chain as endgame... the point being, how well it sings, and how well it scales, provided the components of the chains are in great synergy... I. love both chains, and I am sure the Arya SE would show me other very beautiful soundscapes if I can find another beautiful synergy on a different chain... and so it goes. I think that synergy is what counts at the end of the day... the pricing of the components in the chain is not as important, as long as they are of decent quality (which is not always or necessarily determined by price tags).

Dec 21, 2022 at 1:55 AM Post #9,161 of 11,884
I did not like the Arya for a long long time. It just never really sung for me on a range of lower end devices (available in my sig). Then I purchased a burson conductor 3xgt and it changed my perspective on the HP. It really sings when it has the right partner. It’s v good on this dac/amp.

I then purchased a new speaker tube amp (willsenton R8 with upgraded tubes) for my speaker system and it’s probably more fun on that (though it sacrifices some of technical performance).

It’s a picky headphone when it comes to synergy. If in market - try and demo as much as possible with the Aryas.

Dec 21, 2022 at 4:15 AM Post #9,162 of 11,884
Interestingly for some reason there were no manuals in the box, no warranty pape pers whatsoever. Just the headphones and the box with the cable. Anyone noticed this? Box was sealed.
Yep, that's how I got a brand new Arya Stealth in October. I believe Hifiman has downgraded the Arya packaging at least twice. I think the Arya originally came in in a pretty nice faux leather display box (similar to the one I got with the OG 2.5mm version of the 400i almost six years). When the Stealth version was first released last year, reviews showed it in a plainer cardboard box printed with Arya Stealth information. It now comes in a literal shoebox with a long and thin Arya Stealth sticker attached and nothing inside but the headphones and the cable. (Well, and the foam headphone stand that weighs next to nothing; I believe the Ananda has gone through the same packaging downgrades.). I know reviewers seem seriously concerned with the packaging and unboxing experience and have complained about this, but I only open the box once and if this is Hifiman's way of avoiding retail price increases despite product upgrades and inflation, I have no problem (especially since I purchased it with the recent $300 price cut plus an additional 10% discount from the retailer).

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2022 at 4:16 AM Post #9,163 of 11,884
Yep, that's how I got a brand new Arya Stealth in October. I believe Hifiman has downgraded the Arya packaging at least twice. I think the Arya originally came in in a pretty nice faux leather display box (similar to the one I got with the OG 2.5mm version of the 400i almost six years). When the Stealth version was first released last year, reviews showed it in a plainer cardboard box printed with Arya Stealth information. It now comes in a literal shoebox with a long and thin Arya Stealth sticker attached and nothing inside but the headphones and the cable. (Well, and the foam headphone stand that weighs next to nothing; I believe the Andanda has gone through the same packaging downgrades.). I know reviewers seem seriously concerned with the packaging and unboxing experience and have complained about this, but I only open the box once and if this is Hifiman's way of avoiding retail price increases despite product upgrades and inflation, I have no problem (especially since I purchased it with the recent $300 price cut plus an additional 10% discount from the retailer).
I also couldn't care less about the unboxing :) Just wanted to make sure I was not sent something that was already opened.

Dec 21, 2022 at 4:47 AM Post #9,164 of 11,884
I love them on my FiiO K9 Pro, I think it really have a great synergy with this headphone.

Dec 21, 2022 at 5:03 AM Post #9,165 of 11,884
I love mine too. I;m curious about the Dolby Atmos on XBox Series X! Currently I;m using a Steel Series Headphone connected via optical cable from my TV to either the Headphone Amp-Steel Series. I tried the optical to an old (15 years?) Yamaha receiver-not so good. Looking to alternatives!
Arya Stealth- had the Ananda and did lots of A/B on a wide variety of Classical, Jazz vocalists, acoustic guitar with a bit of rock thrown in. I have the Schitt Ragnarok for headphone/Speaker Amp, The Schiit Lyr Two Tube version, and a NEO-iDSD DAC/AMP (use the DAC balanced out to Ragnarok.
The Arya out performed the Ananda on separation, imaging and most other terms we toss out there. Considering upgrading the HE1000 V2....but lots of conflicting reviews as to whether its a little better-or just better at different audio qualities.
A recent comparison of the Arya v3 to the He1000v2.
This might help you make up your mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back