HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Dec 21, 2022 at 10:22 PM Post #9,181 of 11,915
I have the Aryas and a Burson 3xp coming in the mail. I was going to get the cheapest balanced dac I could find since I’ve hit my budget already like a Topping or SMSL.

But…..maybe I need to bite the bullet and get a Bifrost 2.
Currently using this combo with the Arya v2s. You won’t regret stretching for the Bifrost 2. You’ll eventually buy it anyway.

Dec 22, 2022 at 4:24 AM Post #9,183 of 11,915
Interestingly for some reason there were no manuals in the box, no warranty pape pers whatsoever. Just the headphones and the box with the cable. Anyone noticed this? Box was sealed.
Hi there, please be assured that it is correct. We have removed the paperworks in the package, and you can find the manuals on our website: https://hifiman.com/services

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Dec 22, 2022 at 6:06 AM Post #9,185 of 11,915
Looking now to upgrade from my Fiio K5 Pro ESS. Found a deal for the HIFIMAN EF400. Should I be expecting a significant improvement? Thanks for sharing your expert opinions :)
All I can say is I prefer the K9 Pro over the EF400, and not by a small margin.

Even if you consider sound alone.

Dec 22, 2022 at 9:14 AM Post #9,186 of 11,915
Either or. I'm more partial to either SMSL or Schiit before Topping though. Personal bias......
I went with the SMSL D300 for $400 off Amazon. There are very few reviews of this unit on the web but it uses a ROHM chip which is very different from all the other ChiFi stuff. Supposedly it produces a sound that is quite different from saber chips. A few commenters noted it had a similar sound to the Schiit multi-bit and Bifrost.

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2022 at 8:29 AM Post #9,189 of 11,915
Interesting! How did you connect the Arya to the speaker taps?
There are convertor boxes / impedance matchers you can use directly with speaker taps. There's a few threads on it here on head-fi. The Zynsonix brand is one example. It's good when done safely.

Dec 23, 2022 at 5:33 PM Post #9,190 of 11,915
Could somebody give me hand in some advice. I just returned a pair of Ananda Stealth in combination with ifi xdsd gryphon, a little bright at times. But what annoyed me a lot was the pressure on my jaws.

Is the Arya more comfortable? and in what way does the Arya sound better. I missed a little warmth/smoothness in te sound, is that better in the Arya?

And is the ifi xdsd Gryphon Powerfull enough for the Arya? It was for the Ananda stealth.

I use it balanced 4.4 with a meze cable. The Gryphon has 1000mw on the balanced port

Dec 23, 2022 at 7:42 PM Post #9,191 of 11,915
To anybody thinking you gonna get a better of everything upgrading to Susvara.

Susvara wont match the open beautiful highs of Aryas. No matter the amp. Its emphasized on mids, very elegant beautiful mids.

Arya is just more spacious(live performances) because it is literally bigger(physically). Susvara is more focused upfront.

Im considering downgrading because of the form factor. Arya is just better on my head.

Yes you are going to get more details in the mid. But its not worth the price vs Arya. Get Susvara under 4000 dollars.

Here is a song to test:

Michael Jackson - Don’t stop ‘Til You Get Enough.

Susvara can not simply reproduce these highs. Its magic on AryaV2

Buy Susvara as side grade not upgrade

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2022 at 8:07 PM Post #9,192 of 11,915
Does anyone here own a K702 as well as an Arya Stealth?

How do they compare? I understand they’re very different price brackets, but sometimes the descriptions I see of the Arya are reminiscent of the K702 (very wide, spacious, detailed, a bit clinical), so I’m wondering if the Arya Stealth is worth it.

I love my K702 and am interested in an Arya Stealth, but if it’s the same sound signature with 5% improvement, the large cost disparity wouldn’t be worth it to me.

Convince me that it’s worth it (or that it isn’t).

Dec 23, 2022 at 8:19 PM Post #9,193 of 11,915
Does anyone here own a K702 as well as an Arya Stealth?

How do they compare? I understand they’re very different price brackets, but sometimes the descriptions I see of the Arya are reminiscent of the K702 (very wide, spacious, detailed, a bit clinical), so I’m wondering if the Arya Stealth is worth it.

I love my K702 and am interested in an Arya Stealth, but if it’s the same sound signature with 5% improvement, the large cost disparity wouldn’t be worth it to me.

Convince me that it’s worth it (or that it isn’t).

Own Arya v2 but can confidently say that any version of Arya smokes K702 in terms of bass performance and just about anything other than soundstage width and probably female vocals.
K702 lacks fullness and body, and cannot really layer the way Arya does. Arya handles busy passages way better and while also detailed, it is fun and engaging to listen to.

Dec 24, 2022 at 12:10 AM Post #9,195 of 11,915
Looking for some advice on choosing between the Arya SE and HE1000SE.

I run the Arya V2 on a Conductor 3R on low gain at around 85-90% volume. With older recorded songs I regularly have to switch to high gain, which is a slight inconvenience because all my other headphones run on low gain, but more importantly, I prefer the sound on low gain as it provides better clarity and separation (vs high gain) I rather not purchase/change my amp because it works beautifully for everything else and it would only further complicate things. Swapping the V2 for a SE model with better sensitivity would be a simpler solution.

The Arya V2s are currently my favorite headphones, but I wouldn't mind some more punch in the mid-bass region. I've read conflicting reports, but between the HEK SE and Arya SE, which offers more? The extra treble resolution/detail of the HEK would be nice, but I prefer mid-bass punch/dynamics over it. If it has both, I'll probably get the HEK. I've also read that the Arya SE has a smaller soundstage compared to the V2, but I'm sure it's minor and it's really not a concern to me. How is the HEK in that regard?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back