HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Dec 16, 2022 at 6:49 AM Post #9,121 of 11,915
Dec 16, 2022 at 6:53 AM Post #9,122 of 11,915
Honestly any amp will drive the Aryas well; they are very easy to drive. I use the low gain on my iFi Zen DAC V2 and anything past 1 o’clock gets crushingly loud.
That depends on which version you own, whether you like deep, punchy bass, how loud you like to listen to that deep, punchy bass, and/or if you EQ or not.......

Dec 16, 2022 at 6:55 AM Post #9,123 of 11,915
Don't compare the HE1000 V2 to the Arya Stealth, it is a better Arya V2, but the Arya Stealth still has better lows and slam, and a wide and full presentation. The V2 and HE1K V2 are thought to be airy because they can't/don't bring the same full presentation that the Stealth can achieve on top of being able to do airy when needed.
Powerful, discrete, Class A amp has entered the chat, LOL.......

Dec 16, 2022 at 6:57 AM Post #9,124 of 11,915
I love mine too. I;m curious about the Dolby Atmos on XBox Series X! Currently I;m using a Steel Series Headphone connected via optical cable from my TV to either the Headphone Amp-Steel Series. I tried the optical to an old (15 years?) Yamaha receiver-not so good. Looking to alternatives!
Arya Stealth- had the Ananda and did lots of A/B on a wide variety of Classical, Jazz vocalists, acoustic guitar with a bit of rock thrown in. I have the Schitt Ragnarok for headphone/Speaker Amp, The Schiit Lyr Two Tube version, and a NEO-iDSD DAC/AMP (use the DAC balanced out to Ragnarok.
The Arya out performed the Ananda on separation, imaging and most other terms we toss out there. Considering upgrading the HE1000 V2....but lots of conflicting reviews as to whether its a little better-or just better at different audio qualities.
Yep, you're pretty much set as far as HP amp power, LOL......

Dec 16, 2022 at 10:47 AM Post #9,125 of 11,915
Honestly any amp will drive the Aryas well; they are very easy to drive. I use the low gain on my iFi Zen DAC V2 and anything past 1 o’clock gets crushingly loud.

Many folks ask us about Aryas, so that's good to know, thanks :)

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Dec 16, 2022 at 11:40 AM Post #9,126 of 11,915
Yep, you're pretty much set as far as HP amp power, LOL......
Nah! I'm considering selling a kidney to get the Unobtanium 1000SE Am which can reproduce bass so low it can induce earthquakes, +-0.0000001 db from 1-1,000,000 Hz

Dec 16, 2022 at 11:49 AM Post #9,127 of 11,915
Nah! I'm considering selling a kidney to get the Unobtanium 1000SE Am which can reproduce bass so low it can induce earthquakes, +-0.0000001 db from 1-1,000,000 Hz
I was specifically speaking about you being good as far as amps. You won't need all that power with the HEKSE then, LOL. I know someone who's interested in some of your amps, since you're aiming to get the HEKSE......

Dec 17, 2022 at 2:40 PM Post #9,129 of 11,915
I would say that almost any amp will get the Arya SE loud enough.

Driving them at their best is another story.

Dec 17, 2022 at 4:27 PM Post #9,131 of 11,915
I would say that almost any amp will get the Arya SE loud enough.

Driving them at their best is another story.

Yeah. If a TAZH1ES can drive them to the limit of my listening threshold (old ears mind you) with 10dbs of headroom to spare (on high gain) they're easy to drive. it's a refined, but not particularly powerful amp. (1200mw Balanced via XLR).

Susvara they're not.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2022 at 5:01 PM Post #9,133 of 11,915
Also... it's not *ONLY* about power. There's such a thing as overkill. If your volume knob can't go beyond 9 o clock you might have this issue lol
Yeah, I have a resistor-bypassed, direct-drive Emotiva BASX A-100 that I plugged my Arya V2 into - and with it's ~12W @ 32 ohms, the V2's no longer lacked the bass punch or dynamics they were infamous for with most lower powered HP amps. Of course, I had to adjust the Emo's volume pot to around ~2 o'clock and put a preamp in front of it to modulate the volume so I wouldn't blow out my ears nor the Aryas, LOL - I'm not that cray cray......

Dec 17, 2022 at 5:10 PM Post #9,134 of 11,915
Yeah, I have a resistor-bypassed, direct-drive Emotiva BASX A-100 that I plugged my Arya V2 into - and with it's ~12W @ 32 ohms, the V2's no longer lacked the bass punch or dynamics they were infamous for with most lower powered HP amps. Of course, I had to adjust the Emo's volume pot to around ~2 o'clock and put a preamp in front of it to modulate the volume so I wouldn't blow out my ears nor the Aryas, LOL - I'm not that cray cray......

Hahah. Holy crap man.

Dec 17, 2022 at 5:36 PM Post #9,135 of 11,915
This. I was a guy who subscribed to the “if it plays loud enough, it’s enough amp” theory. I was shocked at the difference in dynamics and bass a Soloist XP made with my v2s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back