Hifiman Ananda
May 13, 2018 at 1:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4,987

SilverEars

Headphoneus Supremus
Looked it up, and imaged on Reddit. The build looks like a breed of Sundara and Edition X.

EHVpwbm.jpg

May 17, 2018 at 7:40 PM Post #3 of 4,987
My guess is these are probably just the HEXv2 with a Sundara headband for $999.

I think that the HEXv2 is a really good headphone, and the $1000 price point really hits the sweet spot for these.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2018 at 9:47 PM Post #4 of 4,987
Very cool I'd like to know more also..

Jun 7, 2018 at 8:56 AM Post #5 of 4,987
Another difference between the HEX and the Ananda, it has been changed to 3.5 mm connectors rather than the old 2.5mm ones some people seemed to hate.

I can't wait to see some comparisons between this and the HEX v2. Even if it is the same, I'd be happy with the price drop!

Jun 8, 2018 at 4:02 AM Post #8 of 4,987
Wow talking about low key introduction, where were all the announcements , press releases and early impressions. Just happened to be looking for some X2 at their website and discovered this.
I really like the X2, probably one of the most underrated headphones out there. It these ones have a similar seductive warm but detailed sound signature, count me in.

Jun 8, 2018 at 4:25 PM Post #10 of 4,987
I dunno, pricing wise, I'm seeing this as the upgrade to the HE560 using HEX as the trickle down. HE560 was $899 when it came out and now this is at $999. While the HE400i was $399 when it came out with Sundara being it's upgrade at $499. I'm thinking they'll come out with a true upgrade to the HEX in the higher mid $1000 range using the Susvara style design. Or maybe they won't because HEX is the black sheep.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2018 at 10:36 PM Post #12 of 4,987
Wow talking about low key introduction, where were all the announcements , press releases and early impressions. Just happened to be looking for some X2 at their website and discovered this.
I really like the X2, probably one of the most underrated headphones out there. It these ones have a similar seductive warm but detailed sound signature, count me in.
I totally agree. HEX V2 ended my extensive search which included many big guns like HD800S, Sony MDR Z1R ,Ether Flows, Koss ESP 950.

I was out for good but i am now looking for another pair to keep in the car for travel. I use QC 35 and Sen Momentum wireless for air travel but sound quality is not as good .

So i saw Ananda today . Does anyone know about the sound signature ?

And whats with indian names, Sundara means beautiful. Ananda means peaceful.

Jun 8, 2018 at 10:46 PM Post #13 of 4,987
http://trueaudiophile.com/hifiman-ananda-all-new-ultra-thin-faster-more-transparent

Ananda now formally replaces the Edition X. This amazing new product shares the Ultra Sensitivity and the Ear Cup of the Edition X, but that’s where the similarities end.

All new Ultra-thin Planar drivers are faster and more transparent. The performance upgrade is mind blowing. HiFiMan completely redesigned the Headband which now features an aluminium frame and yokes. The adjustment system is more robust as well.

Is this seller full of it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back