Hifiman Ananda Stealth Magnet Version
Feb 18, 2023 at 6:26 AM Post #196 of 271
Yes, kind of strange, the different specs that is
i just thought do we have Hifiman officials here to explain what's happening, Hifiman have no other HP with such specs so the box is unique, maybe it's counterfeit product but why do they have those specs on the main product page, https://hifiman.com/products/class/2
this page only refers to https://hifiman.com/products/detail/317
someone should explain, changing MAIN specs without notification is serious thing

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 0
Feb 23, 2023 at 2:51 AM Post #198 of 271
Looking at Hifiman's product page the Ananda stealth have the following specs

FR: 8hz to 55Khz
Sensitivity 103dB
Impedance 27 ohms
Weight 440 gms

This is exactly the same as the Specs on my box. Serial number is 22041988

I can't find the changed specs anywhere on their website. As pointed out, the specs mentioned are a bit closer to the XS but they are not the same either. @LostnAmerica, can you point us to the page these came from. The link you provided in post 194 is the same as I've just put in this post.

Feb 23, 2023 at 3:12 AM Post #199 of 271
there was other specs 2 days ago with 16ohm, they changed back to 27ohm by MY request, because there is no official info about new specs
although they didn't change the chinese page
https://www.hifiman.cn/products/detail/265
频响范围 : 8Hz-55kHz
灵敏度 : 92dB
阻抗 : 16Ω
重量 : 398g

the box i quoted above was supplied from chinese seller and manufacture date is the end of 2022 (22041988 is April 2022)
another thing, Hifiman support answered to me
"We checked with our factory for you, please kindly note the spec is adjusted in this batch, but the sound remains the same."

what the hell?
those Ananda's are 420$ on chinese JD.com

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2023 at 4:11 PM Post #200 of 271

FR: 8hz to 55Khz
Sensitivity 103dB
Impedance 27 ohms
Weight 440 gms

This is exactly the same as the Specs on my box. Serial number is 22041988

I can't find the changed specs anywhere on their website. As pointed out, the specs mentioned are a bit closer to the XS but they are not the same either. @LostnAmerica, can you point us to the page these came from. The link you provided in post 194 is the same as I've just put in this post.
Hello, in response to your post above...I believe it was @tlr125 who posted this I was agreeing to that as it was the same thing I saw. But, the website seems to have reverted back to original specs. as described in post #199 by same. I was going t buy a pair whenI saw this specification change and ended up buying the HE6SE V2 :). I am happy as I believe made the correct choice.
Cheers

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2023 at 1:59 PM Post #201 of 271
i've received several reports from other new Ananda user's - everyone confirmed new specs on the box, if manufacture date is November 22 or newer it's a V3 version, waiting for comparisons V2 vs V3, Hifiman started to supply V3 via official retailers, but they won't tell the truth officially, sneaky as hell

Mar 1, 2023 at 7:23 PM Post #202 of 271
Anyone try the Ananda Stealth vs the Arya Stealth recently? Doesn't seem to be much info online about the Ananda Stealth in general. HiFiMan's site has the Ananda Stealth B-stock for $509, and the Arya open-box for $1199. Curious if the Arya is substantially better for more than double the price..

Mar 1, 2023 at 8:46 PM Post #203 of 271
Anyone try the Ananda Stealth vs the Arya Stealth recently? Doesn't seem to be much info online about the Ananda Stealth in general. HiFiMan's site has the Ananda Stealth B-stock for $509, and the Arya open-box for $1199. Curious if the Arya is substantially better for more than double the price..
I was hoping for a comparison as well, I love the Ananda stealth but I just wish it had a bit *more*. Im wondering if the Arya would be an upgrade even though I hear they are very similar. My Grado RS1e is similar to the SR225e but that little extra everything it has turns it from a good headphone to a perfect headphone for the genres I use it for.

Mar 1, 2023 at 11:23 PM Post #204 of 271
Yes there is substantially beter performance, besides that comfort total other level (headband different and softer padding, 360 swifel of the pads.

I bought the Ananda, tried them form weeks, really wanted to love them, but I constantly felt something was missing. And I hated the comfort.

I exhanged for the Arya Stealth instead, from day one love them, still do. Soundwise it just fills in the blanks I always felt missing in Ananda Stealth. Better in every frequenties, low, mid, high.

Not saying Ananda is bad, for the price
Definately not! But I did exchange for Arya Stealth, double the price (I thought I would never spent). I thought it was worth it, but that is always a personal choice.

The Ananda for me was okay for the money, but ‘just okay’ is still pricey, the Arya was love at first sight, and after few honderd hours the difference compared the Ananda became bigger to.

I never expected or even wanted to spent so much on headphones, but that’s how much I love the Arya.

Don’t expect to hear a difference just listening 10 minutes, go audit them side by side , I did for almost 2 hours, after that going back to Ananda was no option anymore (people saying there is not much difference… there is huge difference, in hifi terms the gap is big, ofcourse they have some similarities, there both stealth magnat series.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2023 at 11:41 PM Post #205 of 271
I was hoping for a comparison as well, I love the Ananda stealth but I just wish it had a bit *more*. Im wondering if the Arya would be an upgrade even though I hear they are very similar. My Grado RS1e is similar to the SR225e but that little extra everything it has turns it from a good headphone to a perfect headphone for the genres I use it for.
Well what you just described, Arya is what Ananda tries to be, not bad at all, but The Ananda Stealth I returned, the Arya Stealth I exchanged it for I kept. Never expected to buy such expensive headphones, but I love them, they sound amazing!

They make the highs less fatiqueing, the low end extents deeper more present at the same time better controlled (I don’t mean bass focussed, I mean better controlled! They are still very neutral, leaning to warmth) midrange it shines.

Mar 2, 2023 at 1:37 AM Post #206 of 271

Kindly read my review.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/hifiman-ananda-stealth.26346/review/30216/

Apr 18, 2023 at 10:39 PM Post #207 of 271
First, yes, I know this is a dumb question but I guess I had one of those moments. In 2021 I bought my Anandas "open box" from Amazon. How do I know if they are original or stealth?
Thank you and please keep the roasting on the gentle side.

Apr 18, 2023 at 11:02 PM Post #208 of 271
First, yes, I know this is a dumb question but I guess I had one of those moments. In 2021 I bought my Anandas "open box" from Amazon. How do I know if they are original or stealth?
Thank you and please keep the roasting on the gentle side.
I sold my stealths but I remember the box having the writing like “stealth magnets” as well as the grills being slightly different from the original anandas, theirs images that compare them, look at the top and bottom of the grills. Sorry I cant help more as I dont have them. Enjoy the cans!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back