Hifiman Ananda Stealth Magnet Version
Feb 9, 2023 at 10:20 AM Post #181 of 271
The cups themselves? The plastic part? My original pads began to flake something terrible, but my actual earcups are perfectly fine. Still my favorite closed-backs...I want to love the Elegias, but just can't get them EQ'ed to my satisfaction. I think the Ananda Stealth are so revealing that I am just noticing the "slightly less solid-state sound" of the Multibit DAC plus Piety combo. I have no problem making them my home set while bringing the HD600s to work instead.
I meant the pads, exactly. I haven't found replacement one's, only crappy replacements. So haven't thrown them away, but not been able to use them. so where did you order replacement pads?

The Ananda Stealth or Arya and above, they really need a decent amp (black blackground) but then they sound amazing, but they are not forgiving for recordings. If the recordings sucks, you'll hear it, but on the other hand, if the recording is amazing, than it shines and sparcles :p

Feb 14, 2023 at 7:51 AM Post #183 of 271
I just got form amazon a (used) Ananda without package and cables (only the headphone). Unfortunately at the moment I don't dont know if they sent me an OG or SE version, because both look absolutely identical. Any tips to make sure that I got the newer SE version??
Thanks!!
The hifiman service No. is: 11207171
It seems the only optical difference is the headphone jack (left my old OG) right the new one from amazon (the SE version?)

Attachments

• 20230214_141320.jpg
    20230214_141320.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 14, 2023 at 8:12 AM Post #184 of 271
I just got form amazon a (used) Ananda without package and cables (only the headphone). Unfortunately at the moment I don't dont know if they sent me an OG or SE version, because both look absolutely identical. Any tips to make sure that I got the newer SE version??
Thanks!!
When I had a doubt with my Arya Stealth I mailed the Hifiman support: They asked me the serial number written on the cups, below the pads, and confirmed me it was a Stealth edition.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2023 at 8:14 AM Post #185 of 271
Thanks!!
I think it was recognizable looking at the grill, one was sticking out a little the other wasn't But not sure which was which

Feb 14, 2023 at 8:45 AM Post #186 of 271
I think it was recognizable looking at the grill, one was sticking out a little the other wasn't But not sure which was which
yes you're right. The grill locks a little bit different.
Here my two versions (left OG) and right (SE from amazon arrived here today). Also the right one is sticking out a little (1-2mm) compared to my old Ananda.
Could you verify the right one as SE? You can see the differences above (its smaller)

Attachments

• 20230214_143919.jpg
    20230214_143919.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 14, 2023 at 9:11 AM Post #187 of 271
yes you're right. The grill locks a little bit different.
Here my two versions (left OG) and right (SE from amazon arrived here today). Also the right one is sticking out a little (1-2mm) compared to my old Ananda.
Could you verify the right one as SE? You can see the differences above (its smaller)
I still had the Ananda Stealth, I could have helped out. I moved on to Arya Stealth, so not sure. I think it is the Stealth (maybe someone else here can help out?)

Feb 16, 2023 at 2:31 PM Post #191 of 271
Hi guys, here is my in-depth look at the Ananda Stealth, including comparison to the OG model, the Arya Stealth and the Meze 109 PRO.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/hifiman-ananda-stealth.26346/review/30216/
Excellent, well done. When you mentioned the Clear MG, I was hoping for a comparison, even though I know they are quite different. But then I could get a little better idea of the sonic characteristics between the MG and the 109.
Appreciate the review. I've been deba between trying the 109 Pro and Ananda Stealth. Should I grab one, I now feel more comfortable going with the 109.

Feb 16, 2023 at 4:09 PM Post #192 of 271
Excellent, well done. When you mentioned the Clear MG, I was hoping for a comparison, even though I know they are quite different. But then I could get a little better idea of the sonic characteristics between the MG and the 109.
Appreciate the review. I've been deba between trying the 109 Pro and Ananda Stealth. Should I grab one, I now feel more comfortable going with the 109.
Thank you for reading.
I have included a comparison with the Focal Clear Mg because of the price difference.

Feb 16, 2023 at 4:56 PM Post #194 of 271
can someone explain what happened with Ananda SM? Hifiman added new page for Ananda Stealth with new specs
https://hifiman.com/products/detail/317
Frequency Response: : 8Hz-55kHz
Sensitivity: : 92dB
Impedance: : 16Ω
Weight: : 398g

it looks like XS driver with Ananda headband
Yes, kind of strange, the different specs that is. I don't know about the drivers being the same on the XS & Ananda but... Maybe HiFiMan is "homogenizing" the models ... Not sure I like that. I will say you can still buy the "old" models with the old specifications online "B" stock or Open Box... limited numbers though I'm sure. I need to move on this...
Cheers

Feb 16, 2023 at 5:03 PM Post #195 of 271

Users who are viewing this thread

Back