Hifiman Ananda Stealth Magnet Version
Jan 13, 2023 at 7:11 PM Post #168 of 271
I totally agreed , once I heard the Ananda SE I sold my ED XS and DCA2 Noire, the Ananda just blow them away on my Mojo2
At work I need closed back cans obviously and am wondering whether I should investigate closed Planars. My go HP to at work is my venerable Shure SRH 840s but they are getting a bit long in the tooth and I suspect will need replacing soon.

Jan 18, 2023 at 5:05 PM Post #169 of 271
Hi all,

Just got a set of the Ananda Stealth this week through HiFiman's b-stock sale and I must say I find them to be a really nice set of headphones. Actually preferred them to the LCD-X I borrowed from a friend for comparison purposes. (Which kinda shocked me given what I thought I'd prefer, but anyway........)

Has anyone paired this headphone with both the Schiit Jotenheim 2 as well as the Singxer SA-1 and which did you end up preferring? Trying to decide between the two as an upgrade to my Schiit Magni, but can't decide which might be the better choice. In fact, I'm hopeful that this potential upgrade does in fact net me a positive increase in sound as I'm already pretty impressed with what I'm hearing.

Thanks.

Jan 18, 2023 at 5:19 PM Post #170 of 271
Hi all,

Just got a set of the Ananda Stealth this week through HiFiman's b-stock sale and I must say I find them to be a really nice set of headphones. Actually preferred them to the LCD-X I borrowed from a friend for comparison purposes. (Which kinda shocked me given what I thought I'd prefer, but anyway........)

Has anyone paired this headphone with both the Schiit Jotenheim 2 as well as the Singxer SA-1 and which did you end up preferring? Trying to decide between the two as an upgrade to my Schiit Magni, but can't decide which might be the better choice. In fact, I'm hopeful that this potential upgrade does in fact net me a positive increase in sound as I'm already pretty impressed with what I'm hearing.

Thanks.
Would like to know to. I am looking for good amp matches as well, in the decent price ranges. I started with the ananda stealth but exchanged it for comfort and audio upgrade for the arya stealth. The arya gave me what I missed in the ananda stealth.

But the ananda is a amazing(understatement) for it’s price, good luck finding something better in that price range.

Jan 18, 2023 at 5:26 PM Post #171 of 271
Would like to know to. I am looking for good amp matches as well, in the decent price ranges. I started with the ananda stealth but exchanged it for comfort and audio upgrade for the arya stealth. The arya gave me what I missed in the ananda stealth.

But the ananda is a amazing(understatement) for it’s price, good luck finding something better in that price range.
Hey thanks for the post jjazzy. If I may ask, what what do you feel you picked up in the Arya sound quality wise? I really am enjoying the sound from the Ananda, but the swivel cups of the Arya do appeal to me as I'm not somebody with a very tall head apparently and the cups on the Ananda hit my jaw.

Jan 18, 2023 at 5:50 PM Post #172 of 271
Hey thanks for the post jjazzy. If I may ask, what what do you feel you picked up in the Arya sound quality wise? I really am enjoying the sound from the Ananda, but the swivel cups of the Arya do appeal to me as I'm not somebody with a very tall head apparently and the cups on the Ananda hit my jaw.
To me it was the swifle and the slightly bigger head band, together with the sound upgrade made me choose that one. Some say the difference is small, but after auditing a few times and different moments, made me hear the differences, and they are quite a lot, but do realize, they are more pricey.

Maybe with the comfort of the arya I might have given ananda another chance, but I couldn’t get used to the yaw pressure, and my head is not even that big. But indeed they sound nice, no argueing that. :wink:

But now owning the arya, I wouldn’t go back, despite the price

Right now using it on the ifi xdsd gryphon, no kidding like them on that amp didn’t like them on the ifi micro idsd signature.
Wouldn’t say hate, but the somewhat muddy too pushy base made me dislike them with the arya. Soundwise Not even that much difference with a diablo (diablo sound is in the same signature as the gryphon).

What did made a difference was a desktop dac/amp violectric dha v226 or amp alone dha v222. But that is already in the 1500 euro price range, actually hoping to find a more friendlier priced desktop amp in that quality range.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2023 at 3:25 AM Post #173 of 271
Hi all,

Thanks.
I've got mine paired with the Schiit Asgard3 and the combo is great so I'd imagine that the Jot will also work very well. Maybe check out the Asgard before the Jot unless of course a balanced connection is what you want.

Jan 19, 2023 at 7:07 AM Post #175 of 271
I've got mine paired with the Schiit Asgard3 and the combo is great so I'd imagine that the Jot will also work very well. Maybe check out the Asgard before the Jot unless of course a balanced connection is what you want.
I like the Asgard as well although I also like the flexibility to run balanced in/out as well for a bit more future proofing potential.

Feb 8, 2023 at 5:06 PM Post #176 of 271
Received my B-stock pair this week as well. I have about 40 hours on them at this point. At home I paired them with a Topping E30II/JDS El Amp II -- sounded amazing. Brought them to work today and am running them off the Schiit Modi Multibit2/Magni Piety combo...the treble is a slightly muted (but not dull). Rock songs rock, instrumentals shine. Thus far, I am very happy with the purchase...at the price, they're far better than any other set I have.

Feb 8, 2023 at 9:39 PM Post #177 of 271
Received my B-stock pair this week as well. I have about 40 hours on them at this point. At home I paired them with a Topping E30II/JDS El Amp II -- sounded amazing. Brought them to work today and am running them off the Schiit Modi Multibit2/Magni Piety combo...the treble is a slightly muted (but not dull). Rock songs rock, instrumentals shine. Thus far, I am very happy with the purchase...at the price, they're far better than any other set I have.
Which other headphones do you own?

Feb 9, 2023 at 10:03 AM Post #180 of 271
Yours is still alive? My earcups of the NAD Viso HP50 died many years ago… crumbled like paper
The cups themselves? The plastic part? My original pads began to flake something terrible, but my actual earcups are perfectly fine. Still my favorite closed-backs...I want to love the Elegias, but just can't get them EQ'ed to my satisfaction. I think the Ananda Stealth are so revealing that I am just noticing the "slightly less solid-state sound" of the Multibit DAC plus Piety combo. I have no problem making them my home set while bringing the HD600s to work instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back