HIFIMAN ANANDA-BT Loaner Tour
Jan 9, 2020 at 3:14 PM Post #16 of 115
hi,
I’m a newcomer to audiophile headphones but a long time audiophile.
I’d love to evaluate your Ananda-BT cans.
I have a Psaudio BHK preamp and another tube based amp to feed to little guys, as well as an Astell&Kern Kann hi-def music player.
To compare them I have A-T’s ATH-M50x and Hi- Fi Man 400i and promise a thorough and objective trial.
Love to hear from you.

Dave Taylor

Jan 9, 2020 at 3:56 PM Post #17 of 115
Here at HIFIMAN we want to try to give back to the community and it is with this goal in mind that are initiating the ANANDA-BT Loaner Tour. In short, we are putting the ANANDA-BT in the hands of members to experience HIFIMAN gear from the forum that matters most and thus the most important headphone community. Edit: I'm in the Denver Colorado USA area.
20200109080425_40289.jpg

The audiophile-grade HIFIMAN ANANDA-BT, with HD Bluetooth technology, offers up to 24bit / 192khz (USB), 24bit / 96khz (Bluetooth), and a high-quality DAC with a powerful balanced amplifier. ANANDA-BT features an internal, custom-designed amplifier that is the perfect match for currently available HD Bluetooth codecs. It can be used either wireless or wired.

Interested? If so, please note that at the moment, the program is operating exclusively in the USA and Europe. In the space below, please confirm that you want to borrow the headphone and fill your city and state (we will PM you for your full details.) Then in a line or two say why you would like to take part. Also, in return for being included in the program, we ask that you commit to posting your first impressions of the ANANDA-BT when it arrives, with a more detailed assessment after you had a couple weeks to spend some quality time listening to your favorite music.

T&C’s
To take part you must be located in the USA or Europe. We will select who takes part and in what order, we will inform prospective participants once they are next in line. This is to confirm they are available and allow us to ensure smooth handovers. Participants must also provide us with a photo of the item just before they pass it onward so that we can confirm its good condition when it left them. The duration of the loan will be two weeks from once it gets to your home. We will provide you with a shipping label to pass the ANANDA-BT to the next participant.

Hifiman Team
Sign me up :)

I've tried every significant Bluetooth headphone and have yet to be satisfied. The latest codecs have great potential. If I can find the sound quality of the iFi xDSD (or better) in a Bluetooth headphone, I will buy it.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2020 at 5:12 PM Post #18 of 115
I’d love to be a part of this!

Avid audiophile since the late 1990s, got into the Head-fi scene some 5 years ago. Recently upgraded to contributor at Panagiotis Karavitis’ Audiohub.gr in order to pursue hp reviews for our community, already reviewed some few select gear such as the Final D8000, the SPL Auditor and the Meze Rai Penta, and definitely looking to get into the HifiMan lineup, especially since I auditioned most favorably Panagiotis’ Susvara and almost got me a pair of Massdrop x HIFIMAN Edition XX only to back off in case I got an Ananda instead!

Sample reviews:
Meze Rai Penta review here: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/meze-audio-rai-penta.23896/reviews#review-22892 and in Greek: https://audiohub.gr/viewtopic.php?p=17408#p17408

Final D8000 in Greek: https://audiohub.gr/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=673

Located in Athens, Greece.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2020 at 6:04 PM Post #19 of 115
I would like to participate.

I've never heard a HIFIMAN product. Been a budding audiophile the last two years.

I own Sennheiser and AKG headphones, Zu, KLH, Elac, Definitive Technology, and wharfedale speakers. Mostly Schiit DACs and amps..

Would be really interested to see how a set of BT planars stack up against everything else I have.

Thanks in advance, cool program.

Fargo, ND

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2020 at 6:07 PM Post #20 of 115
I'm in Denver Colorado USA. I would like to try these because I don't like in-ear monitors and I'd like to hear something a little nicer that can be portable.

Matt

Jan 9, 2020 at 6:24 PM Post #21 of 115
I'm in St. Louis, MO and I'd like to give these a try. I'm a fan of the Hifiman sound and I'm curious as to how these sound.

Jan 9, 2020 at 6:50 PM Post #22 of 115
I am located in Los Angeles, CA and would love to borrow the headphone.

Being a constant traveler and always on the move, I want to be as close to the music as possible where I would review this headphone in settings such as being on the sands of a quiet, private beach, nature, bedroom, and office setting. I want to test this headphone out on both my desktop rig and mobile phone with both Tidal and Spotify with a vast majority of genres from psychedelic rock, hip-hop, alternative hip-hop, electronic, dance, classic rock, jazz, and more. I would also love to hear these with my favorite albums from this decade.

Jan 9, 2020 at 7:12 PM Post #23 of 115
What a wonderful idea! Thank you for offering the unit, I am definitely interested.

Warrensburg, Missouri, USA

Jan 9, 2020 at 7:42 PM Post #24 of 115
Interested because I have not heard any 'audiophile' BT headphones of of yet.

I'm in the SF Bay Area, California

Jan 9, 2020 at 9:25 PM Post #25 of 115
I would certainly enjoy some time with these! Sign me up!

Brooklyn, New York

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2020 at 10:42 PM Post #26 of 115
Hello and thank for the opportunity.
My name is Tj Bennett and I am located in Bradford Pennsylvania USA
I'd love to year the Ananda BT. I'm currently waiting for a refund from amazon and have plans to buy an amazon open box deal on the normal Ananda when the refund goes through. The headphone I returned was a Beyerdynamic Amiron wireless Bluetooth model so it will be nice being able to have heard the two biggest players in the game and be able to give my opinion on the differences between the two

Jan 10, 2020 at 1:27 AM Post #27 of 115
Interested!

I live in Devon, UK.

I am thinking about going completely wireless for office and travel as it frees me up from my desk and allows me to move, which helps me to think. I would value the opportunity to experience wireless audiophile quality sound using both a dedicated DAP and phone.

Jan 10, 2020 at 7:37 AM Post #28 of 115
I would love to give them a spin ... Forever looking for a pair of headphones in which audiophile aspirations can be successfully combined with wireless practicality, I have so far settled on the DALI IO-6 as best alternative out of most current hifi wireless ANC cans (PX7, M3, XM3, H9) ...

But always found myself missing (and still do miss) the sheer joy and musicality that my Ethers provide ... I am convinced however that with the evolution in wireless connectivity (APTX, APTX-HD, LDAC, BT 5.0, BT AUDIO LE) there will be a point in time that we can reach audio Nirvana over wireless connections ... Hence my curiosity about the Ananda-BT, fully aware that being open back, they will not be suitable for travel. My AK SR15 and FiiO M11 PRO however already find themselves in eager anticipation :)

Willem - Netherlands

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2020 at 8:29 AM Post #29 of 115
Hi,
I would love to test the headphone which presumably is at the summit level of the wireless game. Moreover, I have and enjoy older Hifiman model - HE-500, so it would be interesting to compare WS vs W Ananda and WS/W Ananda vs He-500.
Greetings from Poland!

Jan 10, 2020 at 10:03 AM Post #30 of 115
I'd like to try these as well, I've always been very curious about high-end Hifiman headphones. I currently have Fostex TH-610s. I like listening to a variety of music, but mostly pop and hiphop so would be happy to see how Ananda-BT compares to TH-610 in these genres.

I would also like to see how they sound with iPhone 11 Pro's bluetooth.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back