HiFiMan Ananda BT - Biggest, Baddest, Bluetooth Headphones
Feb 9, 2020 at 4:11 AM Post #106 of 294
Greetings Ananda-BT owners. I just received a pair of Ananda-BT headphones. I am not sure if I understand the charging process correctly. When I put the headphones in charging mode (Red LED light), the light never changes to blue. I left the headphones charging all day (more than 8 hours) and the red light never changed to blue to indicate the charging was complete. Is this a problem with my set or is this the same with your BT headphones too?

Hi.
Are you sure that you are doing it OK?
Red light should be blinking.
You have to power on and then press the charging button for a few seconds.

Feb 9, 2020 at 6:04 AM Post #107 of 294
It is blinking red when they are not charging but the power is low. Once connected to power the red light is solid. Once fully charged it turns to solid green.

Feb 12, 2020 at 9:01 AM Post #110 of 294
I love good Bluetooth headphones and I have been a user of Bluetooth for quite sometime now. I am torn as I have the Edition X V2 and love the sound, but I am intrigued by the ability to go wireless with what I assume would be a similar sound signature. Has anybody heard/owned both the Ananda BT and the Edition X V2 and able to describe the differences in sound? Thanks in advance.

Feb 13, 2020 at 10:15 AM Post #112 of 294
I would love to see someon's comparison review between HiFiMAN Ananda BT and Drop x THX Panda
Me as well, but you get the closed versus open differences making a true comparison difficult. I would ideally have both, the Panda clearly for portable use.

Feb 13, 2020 at 2:43 PM Post #114 of 294
Yeah, open design wins most of the time. My Ananda BT will arrive soon. It will be for home listening. Panda in the office.
Nice. I love Bluetooth, but not sure if parting with my Edition X V2 for the Ananda BT makes sense? Really torn as I love the sound of the HEX2, and as it is for home use a cable isn't a huge issue, although there have been times moving around freely would be great. I just would be afraid to lose some of the HEX2 sound which has fantastic layering with a slightly smooth signature where the dynamics are not as pronounced, but the listening experience is fatigue free. Quite unsure how to go. I couldn't afford both, and there is the trade in program available … Decisions to make.

Feb 13, 2020 at 2:56 PM Post #116 of 294
Yes, freedom of moving around wireless is very appealing. I'm slowly unchaining myself from cords even with sacrificing of sound quality a little bit. But anyway I will be comparing my Chord Hugo 1 + Sennheiser HD 58x versus Ananda BT and see if it's worth it.

Feb 18, 2020 at 12:30 AM Post #118 of 294
Bass on the BT is better with better defined dynamics.
Quantity regarding frequency response is the same.
Can't hear any roll off except if you are seeking for basshead levels of bass.
The two headphones are essentially the same sound with minimal differences due to the internal dac of the BT version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back