Hidizs AP60 Pro Digital Audio Player
Feb 19, 2019 at 3:26 PM Post #196 of 210
Hey all, I'm new to these DAPs. I've had a Zune in the past and have been using my Iphone for the last 6 years or so, but I want more storage so I can have all of my music on one device. So, I went ahead and ordered the AP60 Pro. It's a bummer to hear about the lack of firmware updates, but it sounds like it's still a good setup. I've got a 256gb card coming in the mail today, but the player won't be here for another 20 days or so. What I would like to know is, how should I set up the SD card? I know it should be formatted to Fat 32, but how should I structure the folders to make it as easy as possible to navigate through on the device. Thanks for any help. I just want to get it set up so it's ready to go when I get the player.

Thanks,

Mike

Jun 22, 2019 at 11:36 AM Post #200 of 210
Hi, tempted to buy the Pro on Airexpress for great price but anyone have issues with SQ and battery, reviews on Airexpress have a lot of issues it seems?! Thanks

I own both the first plastic ap60 and the last ap60Pro.
They work perfectly (the former after some 3 years straight) and Pro has some solid improvement in power,software and sound. This said Pro software have had improvements but also some lags. When you charge it becomes 'blind', some screen issues but it always works, battery lasts a god third less than the early model, but still goodn (8 -10h). We have been praying for a new software update here but we had some vague promises and nothing more.
A pretty good pocket DAP like this seems let down by his developers.
This said I like it and use it almost ever day. It works a charm and sound great, lags apart.

Jun 22, 2019 at 6:52 PM Post #201 of 210
I own both the first plastic ap60 and the last ap60Pro.
They work perfectly (the former after some 3 years straight) and Pro has some solid improvement in power,software and sound. This said Pro software have had improvements but also some lags. When you charge it becomes 'blind', some screen issues but it always works, battery lasts a god third less than the early model, but still goodn (8 -10h). We have been praying for a new software update here but we had some vague promises and nothing more.
A pretty good pocket DAP like this seems let down by his developers.
This said I like it and use it almost ever day. It works a charm and sound great, lags apart.

Hi

I've heard they suffer from hiss/poor black noise, you experienced THAT might this be a software issue? I'm looking to run some quite sensitive KZ as10's, TRN V80'S (aptx bluetooth for the gym) but also my larger K550's over ear 32ohm cans, the pro version going to run these well. Specs show quite low output despite the usually powerful Sabre chipset only 35mw at 32oh. (I understand). If had the extra £ the ap80 seems to tick every box.

Also looking at cheaper Ruizu A50 (maybe run a bluetooth 2 way aptx for when BT but only £35 not £70), seems to have consistently good reviews for powerfully balanced sound, build quality and battery any knowledge of this? Wondered if positivity reflective more of price. Or even Bengie T6 with cyrus DAC. Both seem so cheap the AS60 pro's effectively different league?

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/ruizu-a50.22552/reviews

Thanks for the speedy reply this is my first DAP so forgive my dumb arse questions

Aug 24, 2019 at 12:00 AM Post #203 of 210
I just ordered one of the close out AP60 Pro models to go with some new head phones (KLH Ultimate Ones, And Alessandro MS1i ). Stepping up my music game from my android I hope.
I will follow this thread because it looks like there is an imminent software upgrade.
Also, there is a feature that I like on my Android player Rocket Player. It can sync play counts back to windows itunes. So I can have a playlist that is limited by least recently played.
Does anyone know if this player updates play counts and recognize iTunes playlists? or does it do that with any other windows music manager? I use iTunes because I've used iTunes.

Apr 29, 2020 at 5:10 AM Post #204 of 210
Hi everyone - not using my AP60 Pro a lot, mainly because of one issue, wondering if anyone else has experienced the same:

A lot of the time, whenever I skip to a song where the music immediately kicks in, the player won't play the first (nano-)second of the song. Meaning that the very first (half-)notes of songs get cut off. Wondering whether this could be a memory card issue, but it's happening on 3 different SD cards (SanDisk Ultra 64 and 128 GB, and older SanDisk 4 GB).

Anyone experiencing the same issue?

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2021 at 3:36 PM Post #208 of 210
v1.0.2 just needs the screen always on + battery drain issue fixed.
I do not expect any new firmware for this now "old" device... Seriously doubt that anyone from Hidizs is working on it.
Also: When v1.0.2 came out, and those problems were found, HIDIZS told us to go back to the previous firmware, which I think almost everyone did...

Dec 14, 2021 at 2:01 PM Post #209 of 210
I do not expect any new firmware for this now "old" device... Seriously doubt that anyone from Hidizs is working on it.
Also: When v1.0.2 came out, and those problems were found, HIDIZS told us to go back to the previous firmware, which I think almost everyone did...

Yes, all of this is known. However, some of us still hope HIDIZ will come through and keep supporting their customers and products.

v1.0.1 also has issues. Right now it just an expensive "pro" paper weight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back