Hidizs AP60 Pro Digital Audio Player
Dec 9, 2018 at 6:15 AM Post #166 of 210
Wow......this is deserted. Well I just got one it sounds good works ok and was inexpensive. Anybody still have one?

Dec 9, 2018 at 7:36 AM Post #167 of 210
Wow......this is deserted. Well I just got one it sounds good works ok and was inexpensive. Anybody still have one?
Sometimes that's good news. After initial reviews/impressions, no need to post if no problems.

Waiting for firmware update..........................everyone already aware of that.

Dec 9, 2018 at 7:55 AM Post #168 of 210
After updating to 1.02 beta the screen does not fully turn off when locking it... 16912B06-D59B-4BE2-9BCF-53248EC357A3.jpeg

This is causing the battery life to be compromised and even does this when charging now. I only upgraded the firmware because the hi res files where not being scanned. Scanning showed 454 songs now shows over 4500...so it now plays hi res files but the screen issue is occurring.
I sent Hidiz customer support the picture so problem can be assessed.

Dec 9, 2018 at 9:40 AM Post #169 of 210
After updating to 1.02 beta the screen does not fully turn off when locking it...

This is causing the battery life to be compromised and even does this when charging now. I only upgraded the firmware because the hi res files where not being scanned. Scanning showed 454 songs now shows over 4500...so it now plays hi res files but the screen issue is occurring.
I sent Hidiz customer support the picture so problem can be assessed.

Get back to 1.01FW. 1.02FW has this issue and Hidizs knows about that. No updates, though...

Dec 9, 2018 at 9:45 AM Post #170 of 210
Can it go backward on firmware?

Dec 9, 2018 at 10:19 AM Post #172 of 210
Thanks a ton!!!

Dec 10, 2018 at 9:58 AM Post #173 of 210
I got info from Hidiz today that says
“We are testing AP200 update at the moment, will move on to AP60 pro optimization later.”
Looks like our firmware is on the back burner....if I didn’t successfully get it back to 1.01 beta it was being returned.
Going back solved stuttering Bluetooth, the screen issue, and battery discharging issue.....who ever approved that firmware release blew it. Mine was cheap and I use it for Bluetooth DAC with Spotify which sounds great so I’ll hold on to it.
Thanks again!

Dec 10, 2018 at 10:04 AM Post #174 of 210
I got info from Hidiz today that says
“We are testing AP200 update at the moment, will move on to AP60 pro optimization later.”
Looks like our firmware is on the back burner....if I didn’t successfully get it back to 1.01 beta it was being returned.
Going back solved stuttering Bluetooth, the screen issue, and battery discharging issue.....who ever approved that firmware release blew it. Mine was cheap and I use it for Bluetooth DAC with Spotify which sounds great so I’ll hold on to it.
Thanks again!

Glad that it helped. Yes, we are waiting for the updates for AP200 and AP60Pro. As well as AP60II. Hopefully, it would become available soon.

Dec 16, 2018 at 4:06 PM Post #175 of 210
Here we are in December with the last update (a non-update, BTW) on any AP60 Pro firmware having been in October. Radio silence from the MFG re: fixing issues that prevent the device from fulfilling its promised capabilities. Sorry guys -- this was my 1st and last Hidizs product. A company whose idea of customer service is keeping their customer in the dark and feeding them dung as fertilizer is a company I want no part of. Focus is on new product development -- not supporting recently introduced products that fall short.

Shame on you, Hidizs.

Glad read this, was about to buy the Pro as it's discounted on their site. I'll look elsewhere. Maybe Shanling

Jan 4, 2019 at 4:21 PM Post #176 of 210
Glad read this, was about to buy the Pro as it's discounted on their site. I'll look elsewhere. Maybe Shanling

If I had it to do over, I would have bought a Shanling. It was a sign of things to come when they missed their Massdrop ship date by over 1-1/2 months -- with no communication, I might add.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2019 at 1:12 PM Post #177 of 210
I had all but pulled the trigger as have read good reviews, but these seemingly unsolved firmware issues are holding me back.
My other choice is Shanling M1, but wanted this as is bigger, hopefully providing better U I while on the move outside.
Any new FW update info?
Thanks, R H

Jan 5, 2019 at 1:43 PM Post #178 of 210
I had all but pulled the trigger as have read good reviews, but these seemingly unsolved firmware issues are holding me back.
My other choice is Shanling M1, but wanted this as is bigger, hopefully providing better U I while on the move outside.
Any new FW update info?
Thanks, R H

Promissed by Hidizs after updates for AP200 and AP80 which already been released. Waiting for the update for AP60Pro

Jan 6, 2019 at 8:17 AM Post #180 of 210
Thinking about buying this DAP as a transport of my Mojo.
But still hesitate cause of the bugs and no firmware update.

But want to know if the dsd files played by the ap60 will light the led white on the Mojo?
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back