Hidizs AP60 Pro Digital Audio Player
Jan 9, 2019 at 6:41 AM Post #181 of 210
Got a ap60 pro during the black Friday sales and been using it for almost a month now. Sound wise is excellent for its price. Using the buttons is fine, no major issues and Bluetooth/dac otg works fine. And due to its screen size, it's a good thing it's not touchscreen.

Jan 11, 2019 at 3:37 AM Post #182 of 210
I bought this player in the sale and I am enjoying using it however the firmware situation is deeply worrying. 6 months with only one firmware update which was completely broken so unusable. I stopped buying Xduoo products because of a lack of firmware fixes. If this continues this will be my first and last Hidizs.

Jan 11, 2019 at 8:24 AM Post #183 of 210
I bought this player in the sale and I am enjoying using it however the firmware situation is deeply worrying. 6 months with only one firmware update which was completely broken so unusable. I stopped buying Xduoo products because of a lack of firmware fixes. If this continues this will be my first and last Hidizs.

As sad as it is not having still a software update, I own this player and the very first AP60 plastic version (and its aeternal charge). They both steadily work a charm, perfect with a Chord Moyo or alone (actually shining brilliant sounding with a FLC8n earphone). Software is pretty simple but it works, never let me down. I am waiting for update too but nothing to complaint overall quality - wise with Hidizs products.

Jan 11, 2019 at 12:23 PM Post #184 of 210
Bought mine when it was being introduced from Massdrop. I obviously would like to upgrade to the new firmware (hope it's available soon), but for the price that I paid, it was a steal.

Jan 13, 2019 at 12:21 PM Post #185 of 210
As sad as it is not having still a software update, I own this player and the very first AP60 plastic version (and its aeternal charge). They both steadily work a charm, perfect with a Chord Moyo or alone (actually shining brilliant sounding with a FLC8n earphone). Software is pretty simple but it works, never let me down. I am waiting for update too but nothing to complaint overall quality - wise with Hidizs products.
Do you have the white led when you play dsd files?

Jan 16, 2019 at 11:47 AM Post #186 of 210
Get back to 1.01FW. 1.02FW has this issue and Hidizs knows about that. No updates, though...

You would think they could spare one developer to simply fix the back light issue and release as a temp fix for 1.02 :angry:

I've been waiting sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long for a fix. Very poor customer service hidiz!! .:rage:

it's a good thing the AP60 pro sounds so good or I would toss it up against the wall. :confused::cop:

Jan 16, 2019 at 11:53 AM Post #187 of 210
It really is a shame that such a great product is hampered by such lousy support.

Feb 3, 2019 at 7:35 AM Post #188 of 210
Hi everyone - finally getting to know my AP60 Pro (after the Massdrop shipment was delayed and it was waiting for me in the US for 6 months...).

Was wondering what in-ear monitors / headphones you are using with this (albeit flawed but still nice) little device? It sounds pretty good with some old Philips cans (SPH8900), but looking for some good sounding in-ears that do it justice.

Feb 3, 2019 at 8:05 AM Post #189 of 210
Hi everyone - finally getting to know my AP60 Pro (after the Massdrop shipment was delayed and it was waiting for me in the US for 6 months...).

Was wondering what in-ear monitors / headphones you are using with this (albeit flawed but still nice) little device? It sounds pretty good with some old Philips cans (SPH8900), but looking for some good sounding in-ears that do it justice.

I love very much this AP60. Raw and with basic UE, long due software upgrades as it is it always worked a charm, never stopped playing so I'd hardly think of it (I own two, the plastic 2014 first edition and the pro) as flawed.
But to reply your question, best earphones I am steadily using and enjoying with it are iBasso03, Fidue A83 and best sounding of all to me FLC 8n.

Feb 3, 2019 at 2:06 PM Post #190 of 210

If you're looking for some in-ears that won't break the bank, for my musical tastes, I like TFZ Exclusive 5 and KZ AS 10. I just ordered the TFZ Galaxy T2...........hoping that they're good, also. One negative recommendation is for the Revonext QT2.............completely bland.

Feb 5, 2019 at 5:56 AM Post #191 of 210
I love very much this AP60. Raw and with basic UE, long due software upgrades as it is it always worked a charm, never stopped playing so I'd hardly think of it (I own two, the plastic 2014 first edition and the pro) as flawed.
But to reply your question, best earphones I am steadily using and enjoying with it are iBasso03, Fidue A83 and best sounding of all to me FLC 8n.
If you're looking for some in-ears that won't break the bank, for my musical tastes, I like TFZ Exclusive 5 and KZ AS 10. I just ordered the TFZ Galaxy T2...........hoping that they're good, also. One negative recommendation is for the Revonext QT2.............completely bland.

Thanks! I will look into these. It's looking like the AP60 Pro is actually rekindling my love for good portable sound, could be the start of an expensive hobby :)

If anyone else has good experiences with in-ears, let me know.

Feb 5, 2019 at 7:05 AM Post #193 of 210
it would help if we knew your preference music genre and budget

Good call. Preferably round the €/$100 mark, willing to go up to 200 if the quality is significantly better, much more than that seems a bit disproportionate for a $80 device, but maybe I'm wrong here. The TFZ Exclusive 5 seems an interesting option.

Music: mostly rock and pop, but also metal and dance. Not so much interested in classical and jazz on this player. Thanks.

Feb 5, 2019 at 7:32 AM Post #194 of 210
Good call. Preferably round the €/$100 mark, willing to go up to 200 if the quality is significantly better, much more than that seems a bit disproportionate for a $80 device, but maybe I'm wrong here. The TFZ Exclusive 5 seems an interesting option.

Music: mostly rock and pop, but also metal and dance. Not so much interested in classical and jazz on this player. Thanks.

looks like v-shape or balanced sound will work with you.

IEMs market is constantly evolving and new stuff always comes out..seems to be new hype for tin audio t3 and fiio fa1 for entry budget, and kanas pro and dmg dm6 for mid-high range.

or you can go for the safest bet and get shure se215 or tin audio t2.

if you want MY recommendation, i think ostry kc06 is awesome for metal and as an entry point overall but bit bright(which what i prefer), i assume its good with other genre too.

good luck with your research :)

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2019 at 8:21 AM Post #195 of 210
looks like v-shape or balanced sound will work with you.

IEMs market is constantly evolving and new stuff always comes out..seems to be new hype for tin audio t3 and fiio fa1 for entry budget, and kanas pro and dmg dm6 for mid-high range.

or you can go for the safest bet and get shure se215 or tin audio t2.

if you want MY recommendation, i think ostry kc06 is awesome for metal and as an entry point overall but bit bright(which what i prefer), i assume its good with other genre too.

good luck with your research :)

Thanks for all the leads, lots to google!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back