Hidizs AP100 (DAP) Support Team - Now on Head-fi!
Jul 24, 2015 at 1:01 PM Post #392 of 749
  I don't think, I hear it.

Ok ! 
biggrin.gif

Please, can you tell me why ...
(I do not hear the same, so I just want to understand your point of view)

Jul 24, 2015 at 1:49 PM Post #393 of 749
Maybe headphones? I use AP100 with UE 10 triple.fi. 069 sound seems more clear and natural, especially mids.

Aug 28, 2015 at 11:02 AM Post #395 of 749
Bonjour from Paris, France

New owner of AP100. Fantastic DAP !
But I have some "small electronic clicks" when for example I switch ON/OFF the device or especially when I fast ot back forward or when I choose another song from the menu.

Specific to my device ?
Generic issue ?

Thanks
Hieraklion

Sep 10, 2015 at 1:40 AM Post #398 of 749
 I see no reactions from Hidizs. I have verified that, even if the hardware of the AP100 is top-notch, the firmware makes it very difficult for me to use it. Specifically, it is very unwieldly to recover the previous position in a playing list after listening to something else.

Is there no possibility for you to add into the firmware the saving and recovering of the current playlist position? I would do it like this:
1) whenever you stop playing back from a playing list (either based in the database or contained in a m3u file), both when you listen to something else and when you turn off the device, save the current song and position in the usrlocal_media.db database. 
2) whenever you select a playlist (either based in the database or contained in a m3u file) for playback, offer the choice of whether to start from the beginning or from the saved position.

Another thing I really would wish to be changed: the song database update should NOT be automatically started when you remove the USB connection. The update should only be started when choosing to do so, from a menu option.

Alternatively: is it possible for you to port Rockbox to your device? You have perfect knowledge of the hardware, it should not be too difficult for you. 

Or: is it possible for you to offer me a way to modify the firmware? I have no idea if this is feasible. I have been writing software for three decades...

Thanks

Sep 28, 2015 at 8:39 PM Post #400 of 749
Idk but hidizs ap100 china forum is still active.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Oct 9, 2015 at 1:54 PM Post #401 of 749
Its too bad the Hidizs people are not on here anymore. I just bought the AP100 and I love it! It's a fantastic little DAP but there are still a few improvements that could be made with the firmware...maybe it will happen anyways but maybe not. Love the AP100 though!

Oct 9, 2015 at 2:31 PM Post #402 of 749
AP100 is currently revised with Samsung's new EMMC and 073 Beta firmware will be released, they're still active in their local Chinese forum.

Oct 9, 2015 at 2:38 PM Post #403 of 749
  AP100 is currently revised with Samsung's new EMMC and 073 Beta firmware will be released, they're still active in their local Chinese forum.

That's good news! I wonder why they are active on the Chinese forum but not here so much..maybe they do well enough selling to the Asian market and whatever they sell in North America is just a bonus.

Oct 9, 2015 at 5:57 PM Post #405 of 749
  Its too bad the Hidizs people are not on here anymore. I just bought the AP100 and I love it! It's a fantastic little DAP but there are still a few improvements that could be made with the firmware...maybe it will happen anyways but maybe not. Love the AP100 though!

They answer me whenever I write to them and claim they'll be returning.  The AP100 was a stupendous entry into the marketplace and I couldn't wait for the follow up, but they mysteriously adopted radio silence... implying that their social media team changed or was disbanded.  I hope their new model still happens as they told me many were hard at work on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back