Hidizs AP100 (DAP) Support Team - Now on Head-fi!
Oct 9, 2015 at 6:08 PM Post #406 of 749

They answer me whenever I write to them and claim they'll be returning.  The AP100 was a stupendous entry into the marketplace and I couldn't wait for the follow up, but they mysteriously adopted radio silence... implying that their social media team changed or was disbanded.  I hope their new model still happens as they told me many were hard at work on it.

Ah yes the AP300 I believe it is going to be called. I haven't seen much about it but I guess it's supposed to be touch screen maybe andriod based like the Fiio X7. Well I hope they do come back. it's nice to have the presence of a company like Hidizs right here on the forums like Fiio does on their product forums.

Oct 10, 2015 at 3:21 PM Post #407 of 749
  AP100 is currently revised with Samsung's new EMMC and 073 Beta firmware will be released, they're still active in their local Chinese forum.

I saw the chinese texts but I can't reach the download link. I need folder shuffle option like sansa players but I'm really bored waiting firmware things.

Anybody can't modify the 070 firmware or can't we extract, modify and rebuild new firmware in someway? Ap100 has a strong hardware but firmware duhh
frown.gif

Oct 10, 2015 at 7:38 PM Post #408 of 749

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
DON'T BRICK YOUR DEVICES.

I found slightly modified 073beta1 firmware in baidu. I upload here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1TRW6u-b1NvZzRrZ2ZLTkNaSDQ/view?usp=sharing

Oct 11, 2015 at 7:11 AM Post #409 of 749

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
DON'T BRICK YOUR DEVICES.

I found slightly modified 073beta1 firmware in baidu. I upload here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1TRW6u-b1NvZzRrZ2ZLTkNaSDQ/view?usp=sharing

Thank you bro. 
wink.gif
 Woow 256gb! 
eek.gif

Oct 11, 2015 at 7:48 PM Post #416 of 749

Ah yes the AP300 I believe it is going to be called. I haven't seen much about it but I guess it's supposed to be touch screen maybe andriod based like the Fiio X7. Well I hope they do come back. it's nice to have the presence of a company like Hidizs right here on the forums like Fiio does on their product forums.

I noticed that Hidizs is still appearing at audio shows in Asia, but they're only promoting the already released AP100.

Oct 11, 2015 at 8:24 PM Post #417 of 749

I noticed that Hidizs is still appearing at audio shows in Asia, but they're only promoting the already released AP100.

That's interesting but nice to hear for me as I just purchased the AP100. I find companies upgrade too quickly these days making alot of people believe the player they have is now obsolete. I don't think the AP300 was meant to replace the AP100 but maybe replace it as their flagship model but maybe those plans are on hold for whatever reasons. I think iBasso's DX50 is as old maybe a little older than Fiio's original X3 and it's still around  with the DX90.

Oct 11, 2015 at 8:59 PM Post #418 of 749

That's interesting but nice to hear for me as I just purchased the AP100. I find companies upgrade too quickly these days making alot of people believe the player they have is now obsolete. I don't think the AP300 was meant to replace the AP100 but maybe replace it as their flagship model but maybe those plans are on hold for whatever reasons. I think iBasso's DX50 is as old maybe a little older than Fiio's original X3 and it's still around  with the DX90.

Meanwhile, FiiO is putting out new colors for their X1 models.  Black and blue, the official colors of brutal beatings.

Oct 11, 2015 at 10:30 PM Post #420 of 749
  Wow..Fiio is becoming the Chinese version of Apple. Official colors of brutal beatings lol. I actually think the black one looks pretty good. Same cruddy scroll wheel though.

I've never minded the wheel on the X1, mostly because it was my first iPod replacement and so incredibly inexpensive.  If anything, the looseness of the AP100's buttons had me more concerned about longevity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back