Hidizs AP100 (DAP) Support Team - Now on Head-fi!
Oct 12, 2015 at 6:46 PM Post #436 of 749
  They’re in a definite holding pattern.  Putting out a higher price DAP means it’s also more expensive to manufacture.  They cannot afford to have it fail.  The last communication I had with them, I was told they were “working hard to make it happen.”  They've also phrased the AP100 has a success, so obviously their maiden effort is continuing to be just that.

Maybe they are trying to boost or hoping to boost sales of the AP100. The more they sell the more successful the company is and then maybe they could develop the AP300. I know China was in a recession not all that long ago so maybe they are just being cautious. They have a good product...they need to get the word out and break into the North American market more.

Oct 12, 2015 at 7:31 PM Post #437 of 749

Maybe they are trying to boost or hoping to boost sales of the AP100. The more they sell the more successful the company is and then maybe they could develop the AP300. I know China was in a recession not all that long ago so maybe they are just being cautious. They have a good product...they need to get the word out and break into the North American market more.

Precisely.  They keep promising to return and operations haven't suspended, only American PR.

Oct 13, 2015 at 4:46 AM Post #438 of 749

I think they are quite happy with the sales in China and they might be thinking that China market is more than enough for them to make a good profit considering the population.

I have a strong feeling that they don't care about international customers. I wish someone or Hidizs can prove me wrong however they haven't posted anything here for months.

Oct 13, 2015 at 5:11 AM Post #439 of 749
I think they are quite happy with the sales in China and they might be thinking that China market is more than enough for them to make a good profit considering the population.

I have a strong feeling that they don't care about international customers. I wish someone or Hidizs can prove me wrong however they haven't posted anything here for months.

If HIDIZS don't release a FW update before the AP300 comes out, I will be letting the new forum know how they cut and run from their customers. I hope that wont be necessary tough.

Oct 13, 2015 at 7:10 AM Post #441 of 749

Yes, that crossed my mind too. Not everyone want's to be Apple I guess. As long as we are able to buy any future products they may produce...assuming we want that product. I don't know how strong a presence iBasso has on headfi...

Oct 13, 2015 at 8:06 AM Post #443 of 749
just got silver AP100 yesterday, playing lil' bit with MZX606, more neutral sounding than my 3rd Gen iPod Touch+FiiO E11K combination, but less PRaT.
Feel that AP100 is great combination with mellow songs.

Oct 13, 2015 at 1:24 PM Post #444 of 749
Strange themes on the 073 firmware. Curiosity got the better of me and I flashed the new fw. Then I went back to 070. I don't seem to get very good battery life with this player. After listening for about a total 2.5 hours the battery indicator shows 3/4 charged but not far from only half. The indicator may not be very accurate or it doesn't get 10 hours on a charge. I've never drained the battery completely yet...might have to run it and see how long it really does last.

Oct 13, 2015 at 1:26 PM Post #445 of 749
  Strange themes on the 073 firmware. Curiosity got the better of me and I flashed the new fw. Then I went back to 070. I don't seem to get very good battery life with this player. After listening for about a total 2.5 hours the battery indicator shows 3/4 charged but not far from only half. The indicator may not be very accurate or it doesn't get 10 hours on a charge. I've never drained the battery completely yet...might have to run it and see how long it really does last.

Battery life has been wonky and inconsistent with this player from day one.  I honestly think battery life is around four hours for many.  I will say the Lotoo Paw 5000, even using the higher damp mode, has superior battery life... approximately ten hours.

Oct 13, 2015 at 1:31 PM Post #446 of 749

Battery life has been wonky and inconsistent with this player from day one.  I honestly think battery life is around four hours for many.  I will say the Lotoo Paw 5000, even using the higher damp mode, has superior battery life... approximately ten hours.

I think you're right. I doubt I'd get anywhere near 10 hours out of this player. I easily got 10 hours maybe 12 out of the Fiio X3ii. Oh well, charging it every evening is not a big deal. I can keep a wall charger at work too if I forget to charge it.

Oct 13, 2015 at 1:56 PM Post #447 of 749
  I think you're right. I doubt I'd get anywhere near 10 hours out of this player. I easily got 10 hours maybe 12 out of the Fiio X3ii. Oh well, charging it every evening is not a big deal. I can keep a wall charger at work too if I forget to charge it.

What I noted was how the battery bar stays full a very long time, then suddenly decreases by one increment... then promptly falls by half.  On the upside, when the battery bar is completely blank, it has significant juice left.

Oct 13, 2015 at 2:03 PM Post #448 of 749

What I noted was how the battery bar stays full a very long time, then suddenly decreases by one increment... then promptly falls by half.  On the upside, when the battery bar is completely blank, it has significant juice left.

Yeah that's what I meant that the indicator probably isn't very accurate. My old X3 was like that. It's not a big deal and certainly not a deal breaker with the great sound the AP100 delivers. It's very smooth, rich and detailed. I don't used the equalizer much...I find I like the sound with the eq off best. I'll probably fiddle with custom eq at some point but right now I really like the sound it has enhanced.

Oct 13, 2015 at 2:33 PM Post #449 of 749

Did you try new beta or turn back immediately? I wrote a few post before, I can't find original 073 beta 1 but this one is slightly modified one. This one is 073 beta 1 based. Got 2 different themes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back