Hidizs AP100 (DAP) Support Team - Now on Head-fi!
Oct 12, 2015 at 6:12 AM Post #421 of 749

I've never minded the wheel on the X1, mostly because it was my first iPod replacement and so incredibly inexpensive.  If anything, the looseness of the AP100's buttons had me more concerned about longevity.

I don't find the buttons on my AP100 to be loose at all..they might loosen over time I don't know but I think Fiio could have done better with their scroll wheel. Apparently the scroll wheels are the same on the X1 and X3ii and they just feel flimsy to me and not very accurate when scrolling through lists of music. Shanling is about to release the M2..a smaller and less expensive version of the M3...looks very interesting...

Oct 12, 2015 at 10:53 AM Post #422 of 749
I think color of sound changed a bit. It reminds me old 067 or 069. I can't remember. Soundstage, mid/mid-bass and gain also came different to my ears. I didn't do a/b test with 070 fw. Is this fw good or bad, I don't know actually. But I prefer 073 beta because I think beta gives more tube like sound.

Oct 12, 2015 at 2:42 PM Post #423 of 749
  I think color of sound changed a bit. It reminds me old 067 or 069. I can't remember. Soundstage, mid/mid-bass and gain also came different to my ears. I didn't do a/b test with 070 fw. Is this fw good or bad, I don't know actually. But I prefer 073 beta because I think beta gives more tube like sound.

I haven't tried it out yet...I'm still on 070 since I just got it last week. Actually I thought I upgraded to the latest fw but what was on it originally may have been the beta fw 073 because I  know it wasn't 070 but it was definitely a beta fw...mabe I'll try it out now. I know fiio used to sometimes include beta fw on newer X3s that wasn't available to other forum members.

Oct 12, 2015 at 4:39 PM Post #424 of 749

Intrigued. Can you notice any new features at all?

I haven't tried it out yet...I'm still on 070 since I just got it last week. Actually I thought I upgraded to the latest fw but what was on it originally may have been the beta fw 073 because I  know it wasn't 070 but it was definitely a beta fw...mabe I'll try it out now. I know fiio used to sometimes include beta fw on newer X3s that wasn't available to other forum members.

I'm prolly gonna wait for the official 073, but let us know if u do go beta and what is new etc :)

-------

For Hidizs

If you are planning on new Firmware then I urge you to consider the following features;

- Long pressing of EQ button in Genre, Album, Artist or Folder to add the entire content to a custom Playlist or Favorite. Currently long pressing EQ is only useful for adding single tracks, which seems a bit redundant seeing as you can do so already from the NPS via holding down the back button and then selecting 'Add Favourites' (tho you can't add to custom Playlist this way).

- Ability to rename a custom Playlist. Having 'Playlist 1' and 'Playlist 2' etc seems very non descriptive, would be really nice to change them.

- Ability to rename custom EQ headings (as well as presets such as Rock, Jazz etc). Again this would prolly be too much effort for you because it includes the effort of somekind of keyboard interface, but would be a welcome addition.

To be honest that's all I can think of currently.

EDIT: - oh! and the ability to clear Favourites in one go, currently you can only remove one track at a time ZZZzzzzzzz...

Oct 12, 2015 at 4:45 PM Post #425 of 749

Wouldn't it be great if the firmware magically transformed it into the AP300?  Perchance to dream...

I remain wary of firmware that isn't deemed an "official" release or isn't available on the company's main website featuring bona fide English.

Oct 12, 2015 at 5:05 PM Post #426 of 749
Nothing new came in fw. In chinese forum, they said bug fixed and eMMC supported.

Oct 12, 2015 at 5:42 PM Post #430 of 749

Wouldn't it be great if the firmware magically transformed it into the AP300?  Perchance to dream...

I remain wary of firmware that isn't deemed an "official" release or isn't available on the company's main website featuring bona fide English.

Yes it would...whatever the AP100 was supposed to be like..I forget now.

Fiio often puts beta firmware on their product threads but never on their website but that was more often back in the early days of the original X3 which had a ton of bugs. Having said that I still haven't tried the new beta fw because like you I'm wary of unofficial fw or fw not on the company website. But for all I know it may have been on my player last week when I first got it until I replaced whatever was there with fw 070.

Oct 12, 2015 at 5:49 PM Post #431 of 749
  Fiio often puts beta firmware on their product threads but never on their website but that was more often back in the early days of the original X3 which had a ton of bugs. Having said that I still haven't tried the new beta fw because like you I'm wary of unofficial fw or fw not on the company website. But for all I know it may have been on my player last week when I first got it until I replaced whatever was there with fw 070.

I believe the mantra of a personal computer applies wherein if your computer is operating properly… don’t flash the BIOS.

Oct 12, 2015 at 5:50 PM Post #432 of 749
  Ah... cool. cheers.

Just trying to keep you calm.  We all know what happens when you get angry. 
biggrin.gif

Oct 12, 2015 at 6:01 PM Post #433 of 749

I believe the mantra of a personal computer applies wherein if your computer is operating properly… don’t flash the BIOS.

Good advice..I'll wait for an official fw release if there ever is another one. It's encouraging to know that Hidizs has been to trade shows with the AP100 as their only DAP so they haven't given up on it yet in favor of a more expensive AP300. Maybe it will mean more fw upgrades.

Oct 12, 2015 at 6:27 PM Post #435 of 749

It's encouraging to know that Hidizs has been to trade shows with the AP100 as their only DAP so they haven't given up on it yet in favor of a more expensive AP300. Maybe it will mean more fw upgrades.

They’re in a definite holding pattern.  Putting out a higher price DAP means it’s also more expensive to manufacture.  They cannot afford to have it fail.  The last communication I had with them, I was told they were “working hard to make it happen.”  They've also phrased the AP100 has a success, so obviously their maiden effort is continuing to be just that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back