HiBy RS8 flagship Darwin R2R Android DAP -- Class A -- news and impressions thread
Mar 6, 2024 at 5:02 PM Post #3,286 of 3,403
Congratulations…similar feelings here, wonderful unit! I’m eyeing up the Cayin C9 as my next purchase.. 👍🏻

Mar 7, 2024 at 8:35 AM Post #3,287 of 3,403
IMG-20240222-WA0009.jpg
rs8 performance is desktop level when driving ier-z1r. the bass is as impactful as fiio r9. vocal weight and body is as full as fiio as well. only difference is the treble. fiio has some beautifying process to the treble while rs8 is raw and direct.
only when there is a busy and loud and complicated passage at high volume level can tell rs8 is a battery powered device while fiio remains more stable and calmer.

I still prefer rs8 unprocessed presentation rather than fiio's easy going one.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2024 at 7:59 AM Post #3,288 of 3,403
With all due respect, I wouldn't consider fiio r9 as decent desktop system. it's the level of an average player (DAP), in my opinion.

Mar 9, 2024 at 7:26 PM Post #3,290 of 3,403
The amount of pain I went with RS8, I still think RS8 is the best overall DAP I owned and the fact that it pairs with PPT like it was tailor made for it, is the reason why I'm still a fan.

Hopefully I send it for repair this week.

Yes RS8 and Perpetua are a magical combination, having some of my best audio moments lately with this pairing. Currently listening to Craft Ears 'Aurum' with the RS8 and absolute bliss too.

Hope you get the issues resolved soon.

Mar 10, 2024 at 12:31 PM Post #3,291 of 3,403
I love my RS8 with trifecta and Phonix…

Does anyone using Apple Music has problem with downloaded tracks that keep asking for internet connection or just not loading or sometimes the library takes a long time to show?

Mar 10, 2024 at 12:45 PM Post #3,292 of 3,403
I love my RS8 with trifecta and Phonix…

Does anyone using Apple Music has problem with downloaded tracks that keep asking for internet connection or just not loading or sometimes the library takes a long time to show?
Hi there, I’ve not had any issues with Apple Music on RS8. I did have some issues on RS6. Playing downloaded music repeatedly triggered a prompt for my Apple ID. Signing out of Apple Music, rebooting and then signing back in resolved it. Don’t know if that will help you but might be worth trying.

Mar 10, 2024 at 12:51 PM Post #3,293 of 3,403
Hi there, I’ve not had any issues with Apple Music on RS8. I did have some issues on RS6. Playing downloaded music repeatedly triggered a prompt for my Apple ID. Signing out of Apple Music, rebooting and then signing back in resolved it. Don’t know if that will help you but might be worth trying.
Thanks for replying! I am on the opposite spectrum, I have no problem with my RS6 but a lot of problem with RS8…

I tend to download a few playlist for offline playing which takes up 225gb of space, so signing out and back means re-downloading them again. I stored the music on the SD cards so maybe that can be the problem? Or maybe a system reset?

Mar 10, 2024 at 1:51 PM Post #3,294 of 3,403
I’ve observed a few times now how stable the RS8 connection is to my MacBook when transferring files (FLAC), often several GB in one go and as yet it hasn’t failed - this is the first Android DAP I can say that for, often with others having to resort to taking out the microSD to update. Highly satisfying to see a seamless transfer occurring with RS8!

Mar 10, 2024 at 5:14 PM Post #3,295 of 3,403
Thanks for replying! I am on the opposite spectrum, I have no problem with my RS6 but a lot of problem with RS8…

I tend to download a few playlist for offline playing which takes up 225gb of space, so signing out and back means re-downloading them again. I stored the music on the SD cards so maybe that can be the problem? Or maybe a system reset?
If it’s just Apple Music playing up I’d sign out / back in again, if that didn’t work I’d reinstall the app, and if that didn’t work I’d do a reset. Hope you get to the bottom of it mate. 👍🏻

Mar 12, 2024 at 11:57 PM Post #3,296 of 3,403
Hi everyone, can anyone confirm the 3.5mm LO output 2 Vrms stated in the website is true?
I'm connecting RS8 through 3.5mm LO to RCA interconnect to my external amplifier which rated at 6 Vpp, in theory the 2 Vrms is still in the range of 6 Vpp of my amplifier.
But it seems RS8 overload my amplifier and causing distortion by using this method.
I'm also experimenting connecting it through PO output (3 Vrms as stated in hiby site) but I don't hear any distortion at all.
This confuses me :slight_frown:

Mar 14, 2024 at 7:57 AM Post #3,297 of 3,403
Hey guys is there any way to make Tidak or Qobuz play at the right bit perfect sample rate on the RS8?

Cheers!

Mar 14, 2024 at 8:01 AM Post #3,298 of 3,403
Hey guys is there any way to make Tidak or Qobuz play at the right bit perfect sample rate on the RS8?

Cheers!
You want application "USB Audio Player PRO" (UAPP)

Mar 14, 2024 at 8:08 AM Post #3,299 of 3,403

Cheers!
They should both be bitperfect as RS8 has SRC bypass. Though if you're playing MQA on Tidal it won't be bitperfect as RS8 upscales MQA.

Mar 14, 2024 at 8:35 AM Post #3,300 of 3,403
They should both be bitperfect as RS8 has SRC bypass. Though if you're playing MQA on Tidal it won't be bitperfect as RS8 upscales MQA.
Oh ok! So no need for UAPP! Amazing!

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back