HiBy RS8 flagship Darwin R2R Android DAP -- Class A -- news and impressions thread
Oct 31, 2023 at 8:04 PM Post #2,941 of 3,403
Hey, everybody! Has anyone noticed (maybe only me unlucky) that if in RS8 settings you put a limit for charging, (60% for example) and listen, then after the moment when the battery reaches this value, in one ear (I use the balanced output, 12 Ohms IEM) there is a faint rustle similar to a chirping. I'll try to catch it on a measuring bench (my little hobby), but it's weird. I have used different chargers up to ifi powerX. From the battery everything is fine, while charging is going on - everything is also out of hearing range.
@Joe Bloggs perhaps you can shed some light on this annoying issue?
Maybe you hear the trickle charging?

60% does not make much sense. Better put it around 80.

What IEM are you using? (What is the sensibility of it?)

Nov 2, 2023 at 3:43 PM Post #2,942 of 3,403
Maybe you hear the trickle charging?

60% does not make much sense. Better put it around 80.

What IEM are you using? (What is the sensibility of it?)
OK, I'll try to change battery's limit to 80% and let you know.
I used some custom BA IEM which hadn't given me any problems before.
1st IEM: 12 Ohms, 115 db/mW
2nd IEM: 10 Ohms, 112 db/mw

Nov 5, 2023 at 4:37 AM Post #2,943 of 3,403
I received an RS8 a couple weeks ago and have been slowly getting to know it. Early days for me but it's a stunningly beautiful pairup-- Elysian Acoustic Labs Annihilator + Effect Audio Fusion 1. I haven't heard the 21 Anni since I owned it last year and from memory the 23 seems to fix what was the only real issue with that IEM-- the bass. Previously it was what I would call "minimally acceptable" but here it's something of a highlight. Tighter, better extended, more present. Annihilator doesn't "need" lots of power but it sure does benefit from it. Through the RS8 on high gain/turbo it makes for a hell of an experience. RS8 has a really natural, analogue, authoritative yet liquid tonality that suits this IEM like a charm.

39E3CCA9-287D-4B25-A9EF-2C60EDFFFDA7.JPEG

If I could make two recommendation, 1)please install the custom filter supplied by Joe Bloggs and 2) Use Neutron app.
Neutron app, using its internal upsampling brings the best out of RS8. I failed the blind A/B of Neutron app vs Hqplayer doing the upsampling.

Also I stopped turning my RS8 off after removing all the bloatware. I feel living the RS8 one (just on, doesn't need to be playing music) allows for unit to sound much better than having the system turned off.

Nov 5, 2023 at 4:50 AM Post #2,944 of 3,403
If I could make two recommendation, 1)please install the custom filter supplied by Joe Bloggs and 2) Use Neutron app.
Neutron app, using its internal upsampling brings the best out of RS8. I failed the blind A/B of Neutron app vs Hqplayer doing the upsampling.

Also I stopped turning my RS8 off after removing all the bloatware. I feel living the RS8 one (just on, doesn't need to be playing music) allows for unit to sound much better than having the system turned off.

Could you please duplicate the link to the custom new filters? The link I found in the thread says it's in error (apparently no longer valid)

Nov 5, 2023 at 5:40 AM Post #2,946 of 3,403

Regarding bloatware, what did you remove and how did you do it?

Nov 5, 2023 at 6:56 AM Post #2,948 of 3,403

Could you tell more about moving the bloatware?
What is it, why, how?

Nov 5, 2023 at 9:33 AM Post #2,949 of 3,403
I concur with this recommendation. The ladder dac likes to be a left on, preferably warmed up with 30 mins of playing as well, before sounding its best. Keeping it on keeps it closer to that optimal state. I find the battery just goes on forever no matter. +1 on bloatware removal info. Cheers

Nov 5, 2023 at 9:59 AM Post #2,951 of 3,403
Nov 5, 2023 at 8:29 PM Post #2,952 of 3,403
Could you please duplicate the link to the custom new filters? The link I found in the thread says it's in error (apparently no longer valid)
Is it the link in this message?

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/7p9k...able.zip?rlkey=uk8x7d5sxursh0r2cxmcqfmah&dl=0

Downloadable version of Darwin V2 OS filters for RS6 and RS8.

Instructions:
Unzip and copy contents into a folder on your player's internal storage called "filter" (create if not exist yet).
Reboot player or close all settings dialogs (swipe away and out in recent app tabs, etc.) until you see new filter names when going into Darwin controller.

Notes:
1. Graphs in selection viewer will not yet be updated (will still be graphs for old filters).
2. As current firmware expects and displays only 11 filters, I have taken 10. 0th-order hold (which should sound very similar to the NOS switch outside, anyway) out of the list to make room for Darwin Ultra.

:beerchug:

Strange, I tried the link via an incognito window and could access it no problem.

What is the error message for you?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Nov 5, 2023 at 9:00 PM Post #2,953 of 3,403
Is it the link in this message?

Strange, I tried the link via an incognito window and could access it no problem.

What is the error message for you?
Could you please provide a link for the plug-ins? FYI, this link for the filters works for me.

Thanks,
Tim

Nov 5, 2023 at 9:11 PM Post #2,954 of 3,403
Could you please provide a link for the plug-ins? FYI, this link for the filters works for me.

Thanks,
Tim
Which plugins do you refer to? They should be downloaded automatically whenever you look at the plugins screen if you're connected to WiFi.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Nov 5, 2023 at 11:03 PM Post #2,955 of 3,403
Which plugins do you refer to? They should be downloaded automatically whenever you look at the plugins screen if you're connected to WiFi.
I believe I've only got the older versions of the plugins listed in the Available plugins box. Could be a setting on my wifi that's causing the issue.

Thanks,
tim

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back