HiBy RS8 flagship Darwin R2R Android DAP -- Class A -- news and impressions thread
May 10, 2023 at 8:14 AM Post #2,116 of 3,403
Перевод: Товарищи, подскажите, подходит ли Hiby RS8 к ZMf AC. Мне всегда не нравились Denon 9200 в моей коллекции, но с высоким риском для звука, и теперь это шаг вперед во всех направлениях (точность, музыкальность, тон, сцена, динамика). А вот с Meze Elite (может быть, что-то находится с обкаткой), но нет большой синергии, которая меня очень растроила. Как вы думаете, Hiby RS8 и AC будут комбо или это одно и то же?

May 11, 2023 at 2:49 AM Post #2,117 of 3,403
@Joe Bloggs Cayin released a firmware update for N7 containing a fix for the Android resampling bug.
Any idea when this is happening for RS8?

May 11, 2023 at 8:02 AM Post #2,118 of 3,403
Very astute observations about pairing N8ii indeed can instill life into more relaxed and organic IEMs, I loved it with Penon Volt and StealthSonics C9 Pro for example while RS8 pairing with the Elysium or TSMR Spark is so much more satisfying and oozing realism...

Now for those who can't afford owning both N7 is definitely an option as the more I listen to it, the more I hear it as the forbidden love child of N8ii and RS8 and it's more versatile in terms of pairing for that reason. I won't get as far as N8ii in terms of sheer resolution and energy, nor will it be as good a pairing with livelier and more energetic IEMs as RS8 but it's a very good compromise with flagship level performance that sits in the same league as RS8 and N8ii IMHO.

N7 share the beautiful organic qualities with RS8 while also featuring a more vibrant and energetic presentation although not as much as N8ii ...
I would say your comments are better 😅
Yet once you get used to and hooked on the RS8 sound quality, its hard to overlook whats missing in all others.

Translation: Comrades, tell me if Hiby RS8 is suitable for ZMf AC. I have always disliked the Denon 9200s in my collection, but with a high sonic risk, this is now a step up in every direction (accuracy, musicality, tone, stage, dynamics). But with Meze Elite (maybe something is running in), but there is no great synergy, which upset me a lot. Do you think Hiby RS8 and AC will be a combo or are they the same thing?

The issue you are having, is trying to use a planar headphones without an amp in between. Thats why the Meze is not responding well with just a DAP. No DAP alone will push it to it's full potential.

Both the ZMF & Denon are higher sensitivity dynamic drivers, so they both will do well with the RS8.

The Denon will still edge out more resolution (IMO only) than the ZMF, but the ZMF will be more balanced overall.

Last edited:
May 11, 2023 at 10:00 AM Post #2,119 of 3,403
HiBy ZETA customized preset has been added.
HiBy ZETA customized preset.jpg

Now RS8 has 25 presets.
RS8 Preset list.jpg

May 11, 2023 at 10:11 AM Post #2,120 of 3,403

Now RS8 has 25 presets.
RS8 Preset list.jpg
Would be great with some headphone presets also!

May 11, 2023 at 3:39 PM Post #2,121 of 3,403

Now RS8 has 25 presets.
RS8 Preset list.jpg
I wonder why they didn’t add u12t but only the a12t…

May 13, 2023 at 2:38 PM Post #2,124 of 3,403
Uggh - my RS8 just stopped powering on for no reason that I can think of. Tried resetting but no luck. When connected to PC the PC does not see the drive on the RS8.

What do you think happened to my best musical friend?
Happened to me too a while ago. I had to hold down two of the buttons for a while and it started up again. Can’t remember which buttons, top and bottom I think

May 13, 2023 at 3:45 PM Post #2,126 of 3,403
Speaking of RS8. Really love the synergy with my RN6. And to add some more impressions, all with RS8 as source, here is a cross-post from the Fir thread:

which cable did you like the most with RN6?
Yes, sorry, I was talking about Cleo II Octa. But right now I am loving the RN6 with Code 23.
Code 23 is giving me more bass impact and texture than Cleo II Octa or stock. The midrange is a bit more detailed and clear - the blackness of the background on the Code 23 is unreal - and with added depth and euphony that is just incredible - it makes the Cleo II Octa midrange sound a bit gauzy by comparison. Stock cable is very very good in the mids too, but a little more refined/thin and less dynamic and less deep than Code 23.
Code 23 also improves upper mid clarity over Cleo and stock. Maybe it brightens things up a bit but I think it's really more about increased clarity and impact.
And the treble is a tad clearer and more precise on Code 23, which is crazy given that it's copper vs. the silver of Cleo and stock.
I find the overall, slightly-warmer yet more dynamic, clearer, and more extended and 3D presentation of Code 23 to be addictive.
I prefer the red module on the RN6 but adding the Code23 brings it more toward black - only without the upper-bass/lower-mid muddiness I find with the black module. It's a deeper, more texture low end.
Soundstage with Cde23 is on par with Cleo, both being a tad better than stock.
There is something about the Code23... It's still newish to me so things may change and YMMV, etc. But this may be the keeper cable for my RN6...

May 15, 2023 at 7:40 AM Post #2,127 of 3,403
RS8 V1.20 firmware OTA update is now available.
https://twitter.com/hiby_music/status/1658068457357713410

Changelog:
1. Fixed issue where the device won't charge using some chargers;
2. Bug fixes re MQA;
3. Modified the sample rate default to 44.1kHz;
4. Optimized Bluetooth input;
5. Various other optimizations and bug fixes.

And I've confirmed:
- Added Class A / Class AB status bar indication
- Added Amplifier Type toggle on Quick Settings (needed to be added manually)
- Improved compatibility for Neutron Music Player
- Updated Google Service Framework from v9 to v12 to improve compatibility for G-apps (such as Gboard and Chrome)

RS8 FW1.20.jpg

Last edited:
May 15, 2023 at 11:42 AM Post #2,129 of 3,403
Hi all, I just got an RS8, and trying to figure it out. I’m trying to get it to see the music files in my computer. So I connect the supplied USB cable to my computer. Nothing happens. It didn’t even charge before, after a firmware update it started charging.. Am I missing something? Similarly, when I connect a portable hard drive and RS8 to CR08, how do I access the music?

Last edited:
May 15, 2023 at 2:33 PM Post #2,130 of 3,403
Hi all, I just got an RS8, and trying to figure it out. I’m trying to get it to see the music files in my computer. So I connect the supplied USB cable to my computer. Nothing happens. It didn’t even charge before, after a firmware update it started charging.. Am I missing something? Similarly, when I connect a portable hard drive and RS8 to CR08, how do I access the music?
If I understand your issue, you'll need to go into Settings, then USB, then Default USB configuration, and select File Transfer. Once connected via the USB cable, your computer should immediately recognize the RS8 - and you'll be able to access all of your music stored on the RS8. Just remember to set the USB configuration back to No data transfer when your finished.

Tim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back