HiBy RS8 flagship Darwin R2R Android DAP -- Class A -- news and impressions thread
Apr 15, 2024 at 12:09 PM Post #3,392 of 3,400
dc elite is bass heavy?
It doesnt. at first i thought dc elite have more bass but this is wrong after a/b ing changing different iem i notice that RS8 have around the same amount of bass with Dc elite. Somehow just that one iem seems to synergize with Dc elite and increase the bass a bit compared to RS8. After further inspection that was not the case. RS8 have better bass and the same quantity even with AB amp. I also notice that i somehow perceive more energetic upper frequency with more excitement which make me notice the bass more , in this case dc elite. Also with my experience using R2R amplifiers i notice R2R behave like tube's but you doesnt need to wait as long as tube. After maybe around 2 minutes it sound better than first turning it on. In this case the bass increase and it sound fuller and smoother. Overall i dont regret buying RS8 this DAP can be end game for many it sound so perfect i cant find flaw with the sound. Also it has tons of feature which change the sound system wide and it is insane what this DAP can do. No regret i think my DAP journey end here for the next few years. Forgot to mention the battery life is very good.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2024 at 1:54 PM Post #3,393 of 3,400
Thanks a lot i will read it later. Do you notice any difference when applying the filters?
It's very subtle, the hard thing is articulating those changes. Even if I am able to give a description to my experience for each one we all have different chains. Our driver types/differences and their speed being the most important difference in my opinion.

I think this is one area you would need to try each one to find the best synergy based on your unique use case. I do agree with you on having the filters listed in a more friendly "Business Terms" rather than technical details way!

Apr 16, 2024 at 2:33 AM Post #3,395 of 3,400
Just picked up the RS8 today , Road tested against the AK SP3000 and the RS8 was a clear winner for me.

The 3000 was fully burned in and rhe RS8 was a new unit so hoping to hear it fully opened up !
I also have tried SP3k it didnt impress me until i demo'ed RS8 now this is mindblowing. It is the reason why i purchase RS8 immediately.

Apr 23, 2024 at 7:12 AM Post #3,398 of 3,400
HiBy ZETA customized preset has been added.
HiBy ZETA customized preset.jpg

Now RS8 has 25 presets.
RS8 Preset list.jpg
I wish there was a preset for ThieAudio MKIII 😉

Apr 23, 2024 at 12:40 PM Post #3,399 of 3,400
I wish there was a preset for ThieAudio MKIII 😉
Considering Hiby RS8 and R6 Pro II are marketed with Symphonium Crimson iems I wouldn't mind a preset for them either. 😁

Although, I would much rather have official support/graphs for the Darwin 2 filterset instead!

Apr 23, 2024 at 12:55 PM Post #3,400 of 3,400
Considering Hiby RS8 and R6 Pro II are marketed with Symphonium Crimson iems I wouldn't mind a preset for them either. 😁

Although, I would much rather have official support/graphs for the Darwin 2 filterset instead!

Or at least just tell me where to put those filter pictures in the file system. It takes 10 minutes of time to make graphs. And we could do it within the community. But of course such support for a TOP device surprises me. I can't imagine that it would be possible with Chord Dave or similar product, which the company positions as the flagship of the line. Again, why is there no support for Roon ready after so long? Fiio did it, Chord did it, Hiby wake up!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back