HiBy RS6 Android DAP - Snapdragon 660, 4+64GB, 5” full HD, Darwin R2R, FIR, NOS, MQA 16x, copper chassis
Sep 23, 2023 at 3:48 PM Post #3,061 of 3,181
@Joe Bloggs or others, I am connecting my HiBy RS6 DAP's coaxial output to the xDuoo XD05 Bal 2 coaxial input to drive full-sized headphones with more power than RS6 can deliver natively. I believe this is the best connection method to use RS6 as a high quality digital transport. However, RS6 volume control is disabled in this scenario and I can't set XD05 Bal 2 volume beyond "1" (turbo off) and even that can be loud with certain albums. Is there any way to decrease RS6 output when connected via coax. to allow more range on the XDF05 volume pot.? Suggestions welcomed!
The only way is lower gain in music app like uapp/sportify or hiby music

Sep 23, 2023 at 4:35 PM Post #3,062 of 3,181
The only way is lower gain in music app like uapp/sportify or hiby music
Great point!. I do use UAPP. Is it's volume control lossy?

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2023 at 10:53 PM Post #3,064 of 3,181
Grewat point!. I do use UAPP. Is it's volume control lossy?
you are outputting a digital signal. If you want to volume control that of course it's going to be "lossy" (not that this is going to matter, you're probably outputting at 24bits which has several bits' worth of noise floor advantage over whatever DAC you can possibly be using.)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Sep 24, 2023 at 12:51 AM Post #3,065 of 3,181
Just want to double check, this version of Tidal or later on RS6 fixes the previously reported issues playing Hires/FLAC? I’ve not updated since 2.86.

Oct 1, 2023 at 12:56 PM Post #3,068 of 3,181
Tidal broken again on the RS6 - 2.91.1.1136.12854

It was working well, one too many updates I guess!

CanJam tomorrow
Does anything play other than when you're in High only setting?

My Shanling M6 Pro 21 (Android 7.1.1) will, oddly, only play 24/192 FLAC iin the latest Tidal beta--does not play 24/96 FLAC or any MQA's (this is new). I reverted again back to the old regime Tidal V2.86. Granted these are betas (2.91XX) but doesn't bode well.

The Shanling rep says they are working on a fix, as they think it's something in the new Tidal app that doesn't work with the way the older Android Shanling players' Android music system interacts with the latest Tidal. I assume it's something to do with the CCodec problem that Joe Bloggs found that may affect Android 10 or 9 and below.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2023 at 7:33 PM Post #3,069 of 3,181
Does anything play other than when you're in High only setting?

My Shanling M6 Pro 21 (Android 7.1.1) will, oddly, only play 24/192 FLAC iin the latest Tidal beta--does not play 24/96 FLAC or any MQA's (this is new). I reverted again back to the old regime Tidal V2.86. Granted these are betas (2.91XX) but doesn't bode well.

The Shanling rep says they are working on a fix, as they think it's something in the new Tidal app that doesn't work with the way the older Android Shanling players' Android music system interacts with the latest Tidal. I assume it's something to do with the CCodec problem that Joe Bloggs found that may affect Android 10 or 9 and below.
Leaving to walk the Camino in the morning, can't test until return. Seems anything that was above High didn't play for me with latest version. Was working last couple versions

Oct 8, 2023 at 10:11 AM Post #3,071 of 3,181
Oct 10, 2023 at 8:07 PM Post #3,072 of 3,181
@Joe Bloggs has anyone reported some static/ impurities when utilizing 4.4 balanced after latest update? At first I thought my EE Ravens had an issue with the EST driver(s) but I’m noticing on my Monarch MKIII’s as well. When I switch to 3.5mm, no issues. Also don’t notice when utilizing BAL LO. Might be an issue with jack. Any recommendations?

Oct 10, 2023 at 9:30 PM Post #3,074 of 3,181
Any recommendations on procedure or just grab some compressed air and let loose?

Oct 10, 2023 at 10:18 PM Post #3,075 of 3,181
@Joe Bloggs has anyone reported some static/ impurities when utilizing 4.4 balanced after latest update? At first I thought my EE Ravens had an issue with the EST driver(s) but I’m noticing on my Monarch MKIII’s as well. When I switch to 3.5mm, no issues. Also don’t notice when utilizing BAL LO. Might be an issue with jack. Any recommendations?
Which Darwin filter setting are you on?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back