HiBy RS6 Android DAP - Snapdragon 660, 4+64GB, 5” full HD, Darwin R2R, FIR, NOS, MQA 16x, copper chassis
Apr 20, 2022 at 1:23 PM Post #2,161 of 3,178
I just bought an RS6 from a fellow Head-Fi'er.
When I first turned it on yesterday morning, the Back & Recents buttons on the Navigation Bar were the same as shown in your photo.
But then, while adjusting some settings, like the icon style or gestures, the Back & Recents buttons swapped places.
Since there aren't any specific Navigation Bar settings in the version of Android on the RS6, I can't figure how to move them back to where they were.
I've tried putting the icon style & gestures back to the previous setting, and rebooting the RS6, but the buttons are still swapped.

Does anyone know how to force the Navigation Bar buttons into their original order? Back = Left ; Home = Center ; Recents = Right

Over on the "Audio Lounge" thread, @jerick70 provided info about an adb command that switched my Navigation buttons back to the way that I wanted them. :ksc75smile:

Apr 21, 2022 at 7:32 AM Post #2,164 of 3,178
Spdif out of RS6 is not good, it's USB out is much better.

For me, the point of buying the RS6 is to use its internal R-2R DAC. That's why I'd like to have an SPDIF input. I'm not really planning to send its digital audio signal out to external USB DACs.

Apr 21, 2022 at 7:55 AM Post #2,165 of 3,178
BTW - While I haven't yet done any sort of controlled listening comparison with my older Onkyo DP-X1B Android DAP, I do think the HiBy RS6 has a "warmer" sound.
One thing I have compared, is the size. I was expecting the newer RS6, with the higher resolution screen, to be larger - but they're almost identical in size, other than the RS6 being a bit thicker.
The screens look different, since I have a matte screen protector on the DP-X1B. Haven't purchased one for the RS6, yet.
DSC-220421_061906.jpg

DSC-220421_061954.jpg

Apr 21, 2022 at 10:05 AM Post #2,166 of 3,178
Once again for the benefit of those late to the party--

Using the convolver to implement a mild crossfeed effect here.
+crossfeed is time-delayed to the average human ITD and rolled off in the treble to roughly match human IID.
+both channels then adjusted to completely neutralize tonality and timbre for centred sounds.
+no reverb / room effects added.
This should help mostly in rendering the spaciousness of sounds to the sides and also of bassy sounds.
Download the file (the text file attached to this post) to your R device, rename its extension to .wav and follow the instructions here
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/hib...oid-music-player.958878/page-44#post-16608381
Hey Nineteen by Steely Dan makes a great demonstration of the difference you can enjoy.

Basically it is a "crossfeed" that defies all preconceptions by being totally transparent and *expanding* rather than compressing soundstage :L3000:

It does support hi-res files as input, if you uncheck "other sample rates bypass" in the plugin options. It just outputs in 44.1kHz 😅 Would be because of the high computation load involved.
Really like the effect it had on the regular 44.1/16 tracks but when I tried using it on 96/24 tracks, the music started to stutter. Guess the CPU couldn't handle it. 😁

Apr 21, 2022 at 4:27 PM Post #2,169 of 3,178
BTW - While I haven't yet done any sort of controlled listening comparison with my older Onkyo DP-X1B Android DAP, I do think the HiBy RS6 has a "warmer" sound.
One thing I have compared, is the size. I was expecting the newer RS6, with the higher resolution screen, to be larger - but they're almost identical in size, other than the RS6 being a bit thicker.
The screens look different, since I have a matte screen protector on the DP-X1B. Haven't purchased one for the RS6, yet.

I used a liquid screen protector on RS6, so far appears to be effective although I haven't really challenged the screen's integrity. :smile_phones:

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2022 at 5:28 PM Post #2,170 of 3,178
So output is just digital signal ?

The way I intend to use the RS6, is to connect amps or headphones to the Analog (Line or Phone) outputs - and not use the USB or SPDIF outputs to connect external DACs.

Since the RS6 can already operate as a USB DAC, I just think it would be nice if it also had a SPDIF input.

Apr 21, 2022 at 5:38 PM Post #2,171 of 3,178
W
The way I intend to use the RS6, is to connect amps or headphones to the Analog (Line or Phone) outputs - and not use the USB or SPDIF outputs to connect external DACs.

Since the RS6 can already operate as a USB DAC, I just think it would be nice if it also had a SPDIF input.
But the USB-C is DAC output ?

Apr 21, 2022 at 5:54 PM Post #2,172 of 3,178
W

But the USB-C is DAC output ?

The USB-C is also a digital input, for the RS6 to operate as a USB DAC.
I've connected and used my RS6 as a DAC for my Linux PC.

Apr 21, 2022 at 6:23 PM Post #2,173 of 3,178
Tick the box which says enable for other rates.
Does it read as something like "enable for other rates" or "other sample rate bypass" for you?

🤔

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Apr 21, 2022 at 6:58 PM Post #2,174 of 3,178
Any one here have a comparison of RS6 vs 1A( with Mr.Walkman firmware, I think this become default mod)?

I am eyeing a dap in this price range

Apr 25, 2022 at 2:00 PM Post #2,175 of 3,178
I just had my Rs6 delivered on Friday. Really enjoying it so far…
About 50 hours of burn in so far. Starting to open up, but a ways to go..
I really dislike the volume control
That is my only negative so far

Users who are viewing this thread

Back