HiBy RS6 Android DAP - Snapdragon 660, 4+64GB, 5” full HD, Darwin R2R, FIR, NOS, MQA 16x, copper chassis
Nov 5, 2021 at 6:08 PM Post #1,113 of 3,181
I need a comparison against P6 Pro if you still have that on hand plz🤔

hiby-rs6-x06.jpg

RS6 vs P6 Pro - to my ears while using Traillii, I hear a similar soundstage expansion and overall technical performance. The biggest difference here is in the impact/weight of the bass, being more elevated in P6 Pro. Also, more thickness in lower mids (P6 Pro), giving the sound more analog body and warmth, which makes RS6 sound more neutral and slightly more relaxed in comparison. That's just based on sound performance and while using Traillii. As far as overall DAP performance, P6 Pro is playback only device with Bluetooth Rx and limited user interface, while RS6 is a fully featured Android DAP, plus, P6 Pro cost 2.5x more.

Do I think RS6 sounds better than P6 Pro? No, I don't. But I also found that P6 Pro pairs up better with brighter and neutral tuned IEMs, while not so much with other IEMs that have a warmer or fuller body tuning since it kills the resolution (to my ears, warm on warm is not a good match). RS6 would be more universal in pair up with IEMs across different sound signatures. And if you are streaming or want a proper file sorting/handling with a proper user interface, RS6 is head and shoulders above P6 Pro in that aspect.

Nov 5, 2021 at 7:31 PM Post #1,114 of 3,181
I definitely prefer the iBasso house sound to that of the Hiby. But, I've ruled out the DX240 since it only comes with 2.5mm and 3.5mm jacks. You need to buy a separate amp for 4.4mm support. Not going to do that.
Thanks for the reply mate, yeah I may still go for the iBasso as it is a little bit cheaper and might be better for my musical tastes, but not if you buy an amp in the future :)

Nov 5, 2021 at 7:39 PM Post #1,115 of 3,181
I just did a factory restore to see if that fixed the weird issues I had with certain file playback and 44.1 file showing as 48, it fixed all those issues. I've must have enabled something, somehow, somewhere.

UAPP now sounds very similar to the stock Hiby app!

Nov 5, 2021 at 7:40 PM Post #1,116 of 3,181
hiby-rs6-x06.jpg

RS6 vs P6 Pro - to my ears while using Traillii, I hear a similar soundstage expansion and overall technical performance. The biggest difference here is in the impact/weight of the bass, being more elevated in P6 Pro. Also, more thickness in lower mids (P6 Pro), giving the sound more analog body and warmth, which makes RS6 sound more neutral and slightly more relaxed in comparison. That's just based on sound performance and while using Traillii. As far as overall DAP performance, P6 Pro is playback only device with Bluetooth Rx and limited user interface, while RS6 is a fully featured Android DAP, plus, P6 Pro cost 2.5x more.

Do I think RS6 sounds better than P6 Pro? No, I don't. But I also found that P6 Pro pairs up better with brighter and neutral tuned IEMs, while not so much with other IEMs that have a warmer or fuller body tuning since it kills the resolution (to my ears, warm on warm is not a good match). RS6 would be more universal in pair up with IEMs across different sound signatures. And if you are streaming or want a proper file sorting/handling with a proper user interface, RS6 is head and shoulders above P6 Pro in that aspect.
Ty for our champ! 🙏

Nov 5, 2021 at 9:37 PM Post #1,120 of 3,181
Oh my, Might have to do that. I was rocking it without the case cause I'm not a huge fan of the brown. The copper does look great.
Where did you get the clear one from?

Here it is, it also comes with dust plugs. I used them to block both LO as I will never use them. It took about 2 weeks to arrive I think? Maybe a little less. I had bought it originally for the R6 2020, but I kept it when I found out RS6 was a thing, their dimensions are the same.

for Hiby New R6 2020 / RS6 Case, Soft Crystal Clear TPU Protective Shell Skin Case Cover for Hiby New R6 2020 / RS6 with Dust Plug (Clear) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08TVQ9BBB/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_4TPR960A5QZ5R2FYPETJ?psc=1

Edit: bought June 19 and delivered June 28.

Nov 5, 2021 at 9:43 PM Post #1,121 of 3,181
Here it is, it also comes with dust plugs. I used them to block both LO as I will never use them. It took about 2 weeks to arrive I think? Maybe a little less. I had bought it originally for the R6 2020, but I kept it when I found out RS6 was a thing, their dimensions are the same.

for Hiby New R6 2020 / RS6 Case, Soft Crystal Clear TPU Protective Shell Skin Case Cover for Hiby New R6 2020 / RS6 with Dust Plug (Clear) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08TVQ9BBB/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_4TPR960A5QZ5R2FYPETJ?psc=1

Edit: bought June 19 and delivered June 28.

Those dust plugs are great so you don't confuse which side is LO and PO. Especially for owners of R8 where LO is on the right side and PO is on the left side, you have to constantly remember which one is which when switching between DAPs.

Nov 5, 2021 at 10:32 PM Post #1,123 of 3,181
I just did a factory restore to see if that fixed the weird issues I had with certain file playback and 44.1 file showing as 48, it fixed all those issues. I've must have enabled something, somehow, somewhere.

UAPP now sounds very similar to the stock Hiby app!
Deleting all the plug ins worked for me.

Nov 6, 2021 at 4:07 AM Post #1,124 of 3,181
Okay so I was looking at the case, I'm not sure if it'll be "too small" for Pentaconn 4.4mm plugs, I don't have my Elysian X on me right now so I can't test but it does look a little small around there.. if so I'll have to end up getting a new case too 😂

IMG_6882.JPG

IMG_6883.JPG
Oh dear, I have the darker clear case on order (even though I have the green leather case too). Hopefully Pentaconn fits, else that's a bust. Green looks great but I find the case makes the volume dial a bit too fiddly to use smoothly, and the cutouts aren't uniform (that's my OCD right there). Will compare the two once it arrives from Amazon Japan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back