HiBy RS2: dual card slots, Darwin R2R, FIR, NOS, MQA 8x--news and impressions thread
Aug 9, 2023 at 6:05 AM Post #1,036 of 1,280
I think this little DAP deserves more love. It's not going to give you the grunt needed for demanding IEMs, but with sensitive IEMs it sounds very good. Paired with the sensitive Dunu Zen Pro, it yields a very enjoyable sound with excellent, natural sounding mids. A great pairing for acoustic music. The interface is stable and very usable. The DAC section scales well and the LO sounds great with the Piety amp, giving you affordable desktop-power flexibility.

More generally, I'd like to see more small great sounding daps outside the entry level. Instead, DAPs are trending towards transportable to power demanding $$$ hybrid IEMs. I think there is still a place for simple great sounding portable setups though. This means more sensitive IEMs that can be driven well by small high quality but not high powered DAPs. Some of the best sounding speakers I've heard are very sensitive speakers powered by low powered high quality amps - I hope the portable market gives us comparable options.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2023 at 6:32 AM Post #1,037 of 1,280
I think this little DAP deserves more love. It's not going to give you the grunt needed for demanding IEMs, but with sensitive IEMs it sounds very good. Paired with the sensitive Dunu Zen Pro, it yields a very enjoyable sound with excellent, natural sounding mids. A great pairing for acoustic music. The interface is stable and very usable. The DAC section scales well and the LO sounds great with the Piety amp, giving you affordable desktop-power flexibility.

More generally, I'd like to see more small great sounding daps outside the entry level. Instead, DAPs are trending towards transportable instead of portable in order to power demanding $$$ hybrid IEMs. I think there is still a place for simple great sounding portable setups though. This means more sensitive IEMs that can be driven well by small high quality but not high powered DAPs. Some of the best sounding speakers I've heard are very sensitive speakers powered by low powered high quality amps - I hope the portable market gives us comparable options.

More generally, I'd like to see more small great sounding daps outside the entry level. Instead, DAPs are trending towards transportable instead of portable in order to power demanding $$$ hybrid IEMs. I think there is still a place for simple great sounding portable setups though. This means more sensitive IEMs that can be driven well by small high quality but not high powered DAPs. Some of the best sounding speakers I've heard are very sensitive speakers powered by low powered high quality amps - I hope the portable market gives us comparable options.
Agree and support!
Its a perfect small DAP that has all quality features of the R2R replay and scales high thru the LO. I enjoy it very much with LO to Fiio 5Qs and NX7.

Aug 9, 2023 at 7:23 AM Post #1,038 of 1,280

Love mine for sure. Great companion on last holiday trip. Phone and RS2

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2023 at 7:48 AM Post #1,039 of 1,280
The Kiwi ears Quintet sounds amazing on the RS2 as does the Dunu Vulkan iems with peaky treble play really well with R2R

Aug 9, 2023 at 8:40 PM Post #1,040 of 1,280
The Kiwi ears Quintet sounds amazing on the RS2 as does the Dunu Vulkan iems with peaky treble play really well with R2R
Hi, Im also eyeing the Quintet, do you find any harsh or hot treble with RS2?
Will the Quintet & RS2 good for music such as The Zenith Passage, Cattle Decapitation?

Aug 10, 2023 at 8:20 AM Post #1,041 of 1,280
New update is here!

https://store.hiby.com/apps/help-center#hc-rs2-firmware-v11-update

366350775_615629774037716_7808682889872084986_n.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2023 at 8:32 AM Post #1,042 of 1,280
Hi, Im also eyeing the Quintet, do you find any harsh or hot treble with RS2?
Will the Quintet & RS2 good for music such as The Zenith Passage, Cattle Decapitation?
Not my kind of metal but I can say that The System of the down B.Y.O.B sounds great in the them

Aug 10, 2023 at 9:55 AM Post #1,043 of 1,280
Last edited:
Aug 10, 2023 at 10:09 AM Post #1,044 of 1,280
Aug 11, 2023 at 4:38 AM Post #1,049 of 1,280
Working now have just installed update. Time to play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back