HiBy RS2: dual card slots, Darwin R2R, FIR, NOS, MQA 8x--news and impressions thread
Jul 2, 2022 at 1:34 PM Post #18 of 1,290
I'm getting interested in the RS2.
- R-2R DAC
- 4.4 + 3.5 + LO
- Compact form, which might be ideal for stacking with the Mojo
- 2 Micro SD slots
- Linux based Hiby OS
- No streaming and Bluetooth

I think it will cost 499$ or 549$.
It does have Bluetooth, as you can see in the 2nd picture of the first post of the thread, it has the hi res audio wireless logo next to the regular hi res audio logo on the back of the device which shows that it has Bluetooth and supports LDAC.

Jul 2, 2022 at 1:41 PM Post #19 of 1,290
It does have Bluetooth, as you can see in the 2nd picture of the first post of the thread, it has the hi res audio wireless logo next to the regular hi res audio logo on the back of the device which shows that it has Bluetooth and supports LDAC.
That got my attention too but Hiby keep saying at Weibo it doesn't have Bluetooth.

Jul 2, 2022 at 2:21 PM Post #20 of 1,290
I'm getting interested in the RS2.
- R-2R DAC
- 4.4 + 3.5 + LO
- Compact form, which might be ideal for stacking with the Mojo
- 2 Micro SD slots
- Linux based Hiby OS
- No streaming and Bluetooth

I think it will cost 499$ or 549$.
Now, is that a dedicated line out? Or some software switch between PO and LO?

Jul 2, 2022 at 5:11 PM Post #22 of 1,290
$5xx isn't cheap but def within my budget compared to the RS6. Just glad to see another R2R dap coming to market. Could be a much better solution than (lately) pairing my RU6 with an old Android phone running Hiby Music app.

No Android, no wifi, and no bluetooth (if true) are ok imo. Android gets outdated too quickly (still have multiple daps that can't run new apps due to OS too old), don't think I've tried a dap yet without wifi issues (compared to most smartphones), and I'll never understand the desire to pair better sound quality with lossy bluetooth.

Not to mention: leaving all that stuff out usually improves sound quality, speeds up performance, and reduces costs.

Edit: I do hope the RS2 has dedicated LO and usb dac function though.

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2022 at 9:08 PM Post #23 of 1,290
Ahaha, shizz.
$500 US is about $800 Aud... oh well. I was looking to spend that on the DTR1 once the rest of my setup is complete. Maybe I'll spend it on this instead.

Jul 3, 2022 at 9:06 AM Post #29 of 1,290
On sale later this month or early August. Next release will be RS8.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back