HiBy RS2: dual card slots, Darwin R2R, FIR, NOS, MQA 8x--news and impressions thread
Jul 8, 2022 at 2:57 AM Post #46 of 1,282
I really like the idea of this DAp, and I'm probably nitpicking at this point, but...

Hiby, if you're reading this, please consider making the case cover up the non-screen portion of the fron panel. I don't mind the smaller screen, I would much rather the bottom part be covered up and protected.

If this isn't feasibly for production reasons, please consider making a small-batch "full" case as part of the release promotion. I'm willing to pay more for a case that *only* shows the actual screen!

Jul 8, 2022 at 3:43 AM Post #47 of 1,282
I really like the idea of this DAp, and I'm probably nitpicking at this point, but...

Hiby, if you're reading this, please consider making the case cover up the non-screen portion of the fron panel. I don't mind the smaller screen, I would much rather the bottom part be covered up and protected.

If this isn't feasibly for production reasons, please consider making a small-batch "full" case as part of the release promotion. I'm willing to pay more for a case that *only* shows the actual screen!
Actually that's quite a good idea.

Jul 8, 2022 at 5:25 AM Post #48 of 1,282
This DAP is really getting a deserved attention but we need some specs from Hiby.
Is there any representative on this forum?
I guess you will have to wait a few more weeks close to the release to get the official specs. Maybe by the end of the month or early August. Not sure if @Joe Bloggs can provide further details.

Jul 9, 2022 at 5:55 AM Post #49 of 1,282
hibyrs.jpeg

Jul 9, 2022 at 4:16 PM Post #50 of 1,282
Is the single microSD the only thing holding you back? Any particular reason you really need 2?
Only thing? Possibly, will need more info on it first, but it a factor. I've a large library, around 1.5TB in FLAC and quite a bit in lossy, so like to have it all plugged in if I can. Probably stems from when I used my older DAPs like the Fiio X5 Mk3 where it didn't have a folder view and I needed to refresh the library list every time I swapped out a card, took a long time to reprocess the list and not something I wanted to do on the fly. I don't have issues with my current crop of DAPs (Shanling M0, M6 (OG) and Hiby R3 Pro), swapping out cards but I still get a few jitters when I want a new DAP and wonder if it will be as bad as the past.

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2022 at 4:49 PM Post #51 of 1,282
I'd like to know how much juice it can produce. I still have the original Cirrus Logic R5. This might be the dap I replace it with. I really like my Shanling M6 Pro with AK4497s, but it's a bit large to travel with. It sounds noticeably better than my R5, so hopefully this new Hiby will be a definite upgrade in sound quality.

Jul 9, 2022 at 8:47 PM Post #53 of 1,282
Looking forward to getting more details on both this one and the new iBasso joint, but more interested in what Hiby is cooking up.

Jul 9, 2022 at 9:51 PM Post #54 of 1,282
Only thing? Possibly, will need more info on it first, but it a factor. I've a large library, around 1.5TB in FLAC and quite a bit in lossless, so like to have it all plugged in if I can. Probably stems from when I used my older DAPs like the Fiio X5 Mk3 where it didn't have a folder view and I needed to refresh the library list every time I swapped out a card, took a long time to reprocess the list and not something I wanted to do on the fly. I don't have issues with my current crop of DAPs (Shanling M0, M6 (OG) and Hiby R3 Pro), swapping out cards but I still get a few jitters when I want a new DAP and wonder if it will be as bad as the past.
Ah ok, good to know.
Where do you get all of your FLAC music?
Understandable though, I was going to say there's 1TB microSD cards, but they wouldn't really help there.

My current line up is an AP80 Pro, Cowon D3 and M6(21). I think this would be a great addition, and could "replace" (as if I'd sell them..) the AP and D3.
Though it really depends on the feature set and the battery life.
Needs to have excellent battery life, and I'd love if it had MSEB as well as other EQ options.

When's this thing supposed to come out?

Jul 9, 2022 at 10:11 PM Post #55 of 1,282
Ah ok, good to know.
Where do you get all of your FLAC music?
Understandable though, I was going to say there's 1TB microSD cards, but they wouldn't really help there.

My current line up is an AP80 Pro, Cowon D3 and M6(21). I think this would be a great addition, and could "replace" (as if I'd sell them..) the AP and D3.
Though it really depends on the feature set and the battery life.
Needs to have excellent battery life, and I'd love if it had MSEB as well as other EQ options.

When's this thing supposed to come out?
It has MSEB and supports 2 Micro SD cars. It will be available later this month or early August.

Jul 9, 2022 at 10:18 PM Post #56 of 1,282
Jul 9, 2022 at 11:24 PM Post #58 of 1,282
Jul 9, 2022 at 11:55 PM Post #59 of 1,282
It has MSEB and supports 2 Micro SD cars. It will be available later this month or early August.
Good to know! Do you happen to know if it has generic EQ settings as well? Like Rock, Metal, R&B, etc. The AP80 I have has both MSEB and these.
Any leaks on battery life?
Don't answer that without having an attorney present!
Hahaha, understood! Now I must find this new era Napster :sweat_smile:

Jul 10, 2022 at 12:30 AM Post #60 of 1,282
I have about 1200 complete FLAC albums at the moment and still growing. I've been thinking hard lately on what to do with my library for portable offline use. Micron recently announced a new 1.5TB microsd card and now this 😁😆. Upto 3TB in a portable package? I'm set for a while. 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back