HiBy RS2: dual card slots, Darwin R2R, FIR, NOS, MQA 8x--news and impressions thread
Jul 10, 2022 at 3:19 PM Post #77 of 1,273
Well if that's the case, I'd like to pay 250 please.
Well you know that is marketing that run the show.

M9 is not 3000$ of components, nearly the same you'll find in other dap.

So yes the more the demand the higher the price. Ask the brand with an Apple. That's what we call branding.

And it seems this player is getting a lot of attention.

That's why brand RARELY tell the price until the last moment to gather max infos on the acceptation by the market.

We're toasted Hiby knows we already love this player.

Jul 10, 2022 at 3:29 PM Post #78 of 1,273
I am currently saving for QLS QA361 a no frills DAP. Just want to listen to my own offline collection without worrying about any bluetooth, wifi or streaming support.
Now this RS2 caught my attention; looking forward for its release and initial impression. If it is near to QLS QA361, I would definitely consider it.

Jul 10, 2022 at 3:41 PM Post #79 of 1,273
I am currently saving for QLS QA361 a no frills DAP. Just want to listen to my own offline collection without worrying about any bluetooth, wifi or streaming support.
Now this RS2 caught my attention; looking forward for its release and initial impression. If it is near to QLS QA361, I would definitely consider it.
QLS QA361? That's very old DAP, for that price, I would go for AK25II

Jul 10, 2022 at 4:07 PM Post #81 of 1,273
Thank you for your suggestion. Just wondering if you own these or know how AK25II sounds compare to QA361 (Only sound not other AK25II feature.) :)
I don't, just judged by the review I read and the date it published (before the AKM fire) it is hard to get a good discount for QA361. For SQ, it must be pretty good since it use AK4495SEQ. Usually a DAP from 2018 (or 2019?) should have a pretty large price discount by now, that's why I won't choose it myself. BTW, I am also looking for a pure music player since I don't use DAP for streaming, only playing local fires.

Jul 10, 2022 at 10:20 PM Post #82 of 1,273
It'll be less expensive than Hifiman's R2R Himalaya DAP, which is all you can ask for really. No BB dac's though... :worried:

Jul 14, 2022 at 12:23 PM Post #84 of 1,273
Yes, and which vendors will get the first batch? I work with Musicteck quite a bit so that would be great if they got some...

Jul 15, 2022 at 2:06 PM Post #87 of 1,273
How powerful will this be? Enough to drive HD6XX?
Don't expect this to be powerful with such a small footprint. Unless it's like the Dethonray DTR1+. A pocket size DAP with max power output of 6 Vrms (16Ω) from SE.

Jul 15, 2022 at 4:21 PM Post #89 of 1,273
Don't expect this to be powerful with such a small footprint. Unless it's like the Dethonray DTR1+. A pocket size DAP with max power output of 6 Vrms (16Ω) from SE.
I wouldn't want this thing to overpower my sensitive IEMs. It's no fun being stuck in the teens on low gain. This is where the line out comes in handy. Just send your analog line out directly to some inexpensive external amplifier, like a Schiit Magni. You get to keep your R-2R DAC's sweet sound, and listen on your high-z headphones, that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back