HiBy RS2: dual card slots, Darwin R2R, FIR, NOS, MQA 8x--news and impressions thread
Aug 17, 2022 at 5:55 AM Post #226 of 1,274
How are people getting their units so quickly? I heard maybe the end of August/beginning of September. Are they getting advanced press releases? Territory differences on release?

Aug 17, 2022 at 9:02 AM Post #228 of 1,274
Planning to get an RS2 to complement my Shanling M7. If it's anywhere close to RS6 in terms of tonality or resolution. I am good to go!!!

Aug 17, 2022 at 10:43 AM Post #230 of 1,274
Have a feeling it will compete favorably with the RS6 sonically. But output power is less than half and RS2 is basically a "closed" system.
I want it exclusively for iem’s playing my local library so I’m really looking forward to receiving it and comparing it to my hw and sw modded 1Z and ZX300. Will also be my first r2r

Aug 17, 2022 at 11:03 AM Post #231 of 1,274
I want it exclusively for iem’s playing my local library so I’m really looking forward to receiving it and comparing it to my hw and sw modded 1Z and ZX300. Will also be my first r2r
Yeah. I don't stream anyway so the wifi and fancy UI stuff is lost on me anyway. My two main DAP's are ESS DAC equipped and are neutral oriented. I enjoy them both. I only use them with iem's as well. RS2 fits the bill perfectly for a different, possibly more "organic" presentation and should have plenty of power to easily drive my iem's with possible exception of the P1 ... which doesn't get much use these days anyway. Only thing holding me back from pre-order is that it's been a very difficult past year and lately, every time I buy something I don't truly need, I end up having to spend money on some unexpected emergency.

Aug 17, 2022 at 1:59 PM Post #232 of 1,274
I've a hw and sw modded 1Z. Plus I've Cayin N6ii with R2R card & Cayin's RU6 (R2R dongle). The Cayin N6ii with R2R gives the hw and sw modded 1Z a very close competition. The timber is so good and the audio is so close to real. Eagerly waiting to see how RS2 performs

Aug 17, 2022 at 5:03 PM Post #234 of 1,274
Have a feeling it will compete favorably with the RS6 sonically. But output power is less than half and RS2 is basically a "closed" system.
That works fine for me. Most of my current arsenal consists of sensitive or low-power requiring IEMs(Senn IE600, CA Solaris OG), so I am good to go for now. Also with my open Android on Shanling M7, and Questyle M15, I don't mind having a closed system on my next source. Actually, I hardly use streaming or any apps on my M7 always dependent on my offline library hehe.

Aug 18, 2022 at 3:10 AM Post #235 of 1,274
How are people getting their units so quickly? I heard maybe the end of August/beginning of September. Are they getting advanced press releases? Territory differences on release?

I am living in Hong Kong and I think Hiby chose to have the initial limited launch here because of the geographic proximity. Hong Kong is also a small city which Hiby didn't have to produce many units to fill up the shelves here. The RS2 is available for sales in most of the portable audiophile gear retail shops here this week.

For the global market, I think they need time to build up enough stock before they can start shipping.

This is a shot that I just took. The green is actually less vivid than what the photo shows -- the real thing is sort of dark green.

Hiby RS2.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2022 at 3:28 AM Post #236 of 1,274
I am living in Hong Kong and I think Hiby chose to have the initial limited launch here because of the geographic proximity. Hong Kong is also a small city which Hiby didn't have to produce many units to fill up the shelves here. The RS2 is available for sales in most of the portable audiophile gear retail shops here this week.

For the global market, I think they need time to build up enough stock before they can start shipping.

This is a shot that I just took. The green is actually less vivid than what the photo shows -- the real one is sort of dark green.

Hiby RS2.jpg
What's navigation like with a large library? Is it manageable with a small screen?

Aug 18, 2022 at 4:53 AM Post #237 of 1,274
What's navigation like with a large library? Is it manageable with a small screen?

I have received my RS2 for just one day and so it is not gonna be my full experience or final thoughts. I am picking songs by 'folder view' and the display can only show 3 songs in the list view. Yet, the touch response is pretty good and the scrolling is smooth. I don't have a complaint so far. This is a trade-off for the compact size and I think I can live with that.

Again, I only own the unit for 1 day and so please take it with a grain of salt. :wink:

Aug 18, 2022 at 5:50 AM Post #238 of 1,274
I have received my RS2 for just one day and so it is not gonna be my full experience or final thoughts. I am picking songs by 'folder view' and the display can only show 3 songs in the list view. Yet, the touch response is pretty good and the scrolling is smooth. I don't have a complaint so far. This is a trade-off for the compact size and I think I can live with that.

Again, I only own the unit for 1 day and so please take it with a grain of salt. :wink:
I read some Chinese reviews that are pretty hype and say like that... Do you think The RS2 SQ could really exceed any mid-range DAPs?

Aug 18, 2022 at 1:45 PM Post #239 of 1,274

This is a shot that I just took. The green is actually less vivid than what the photo shows -- the real thing is sort of dark green.

ook

Hiby RS2.jpg
Looks pretty good to me. If you wouldn't mind, can you take and share a picture of the device in the palm of your hand?

Aug 18, 2022 at 4:23 PM Post #240 of 1,274
I've been wanting to upgrade my DAP for a while now, but Android DAPs annoy me. This would've been an instant buy if the screen was larger and there was a longer battery life. The dual micro-SD slots are killer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back