HiBy RS2: dual card slots, Darwin R2R, FIR, NOS, MQA 8x--news and impressions thread
Aug 18, 2022 at 9:25 PM Post #242 of 1,274
I'm curious. For those of you who are considering passing on the RS2 because of the small screen ... what are your main issues with it?
1. I've got ~1,800 tracks and browsing them on a small screen seems like a pain in the ass and possibly sluggish.

2. I've got big hands and I'm guessing using the keyboard on the device will be annoying.

3. I like to see Images when viewing the Album Tab, something about recognizing an album by Image feels nice to me

Other reasons
1. Bulky
2. No Streaming

Also not a fan of DAPs in general, I'm always wondering how much extra I paid for Display, CPU, OS... much prefer something that's as small and as sleek to stack with a phone as the Fiio Q3 or Topping NX4. Even budget phones have good screen (oled), interface and animations these days.

I was excited to try this one but more and more I think it may be bothersome to carry everyday. I'll wait for someone to release a portable R2R DAC. An R2R DAC the size of Mojo or Gryphon would be an instant buy from me.

Aug 18, 2022 at 10:10 PM Post #243 of 1,274
I don't think there will be a keyboard :D

Aug 18, 2022 at 11:04 PM Post #244 of 1,274
I don't think there will be a keyboard :D
if there is it will be like an old phone keyboard - press once for A, twice for B, three times for C. Next button will do DEF, etc

Aug 18, 2022 at 11:10 PM Post #245 of 1,274
if there is it will be like an old phone keyboard - press once for A, twice for B, three times for C. Next button will do DEF, etc
That's how I txt to this day. Autocomplete just turns my messages into gibberish.

Aug 18, 2022 at 11:13 PM Post #246 of 1,274
It doesn't matter to me, cos I do shuffle all the time :beyersmile:

PXL_2022081.gif

Aug 18, 2022 at 11:20 PM Post #247 of 1,274
More impressions pls.

Give a 'cqtek style' report. Wax poetical.

Aug 18, 2022 at 11:39 PM Post #248 of 1,274
It doesn't matter to me, cos I do shuffle all the time :beyersmile:

PXL_2022081.gif
I always browse genre>artist>album or by folder (my folder structure is as above) and then play an album end to end

Aug 19, 2022 at 12:56 AM Post #251 of 1,274
Here you go!

Hiby RS2 in Palm.jpg
When you have time, would you please do a quick sound quality comparison with other DAP with small form factor and similar price? For example, DX160, or any benchmark, so that we can have a reliable info. I don't care the other aspects since the only thing I care for this DAP is SQ and form factor (which we already know).

Aug 19, 2022 at 10:12 AM Post #253 of 1,274
1. I've got ~1,800 tracks and browsing them on a small screen seems like a pain in the ass and possibly sluggish.

2. I've got big hands and I'm guessing using the keyboard on the device will be annoying.

3. I like to see Images when viewing the Album Tab, something about recognizing an album by Image feels nice to me

Other reasons
1. Bulky
2. No Streaming

Also not a fan of DAPs in general, I'm always wondering how much extra I paid for Display, CPU, OS... much prefer something that's as small and as sleek to stack with a phone as the Fiio Q3 or Topping NX4. Even budget phones have good screen (oled), interface and animations these days.

I was excited to try this one but more and more I think it may be bothersome to carry everyday. I'll wait for someone to release a portable R2R DAC. An R2R DAC the size of Mojo or Gryphon would be an instant buy from me.
Thanks for your input. And thanks to the others who added some comments. I have an AP80 Pro among some larger DAP's. Just wanted to see if there was something I was missing. Of course the larger screens are advantageous in a number of ways but I really don't have any major issues with working the small screen of the AP80 Pro. I'm thinking this little Hiby screen shouldn't be a problem either.

Aug 19, 2022 at 10:16 AM Post #254 of 1,274

Other reasons
1. Bulky
2. No Streaming

I was excited to try this one but more and more I think it may be bothersome to carry everyday. I'll wait for someone to release a portable R2R DAC. An R2R DAC the size of Mojo or Gryphon would be an instant buy from

The RS2 CAN work as an external DAC! I use a lightning to USB-C OTG cable just now and the RS2 display shows a big word ‘DAC’ and it can play the Hi-Res music from Apple Music! Wow 🤩

DAE6D7C3-BEA5-4760-B70A-8501A3F85082.jpeg

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2022 at 10:18 AM Post #255 of 1,274
When you have time, would you please do a quick sound quality comparison with other DAP with small form factor and similar price? For example, DX160, or any benchmark, so that we can have a reliable info. I don't care the other aspects since the only thing I care for this DAP is SQ and form factor (which we already know).
Well, gotta be patient as I think I need more time to run in the RS2 first. Let’s be fair. 🙂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back