HiBy R8 User Impressions
Mar 7, 2021 at 3:24 PM Post #2,372 of 3,161
Left the R8 and on and charged it to find it went to 100% even though my battery limit is set to 90%. I noticed like last time that the R8 was off. Looking into settings, I found idle shutdown time was activated.

My assumption is that the R8 was shutdown due to no activity, so the R8 did not recognize the limit. I have turned off the idle shutdown and will see what happens next time I charge it while left on.

Mar 7, 2021 at 3:58 PM Post #2,373 of 3,161
Just finished installing a set of screen protector I got from Amazon JP on the replacement unit. It was specifically made for the R8. According to them, the film has a surface hardness of 9H similar to tempered glass. And regarding the replacement unit I got yesterday, the buttons and volume control are a lot more tactile compared to the defective unit. Also it seems to run way cooler. The max battery feature works as it should on the replacement unit.

Please can you provide a link to the Amazon screen protectors? Are they easy to apply and a perfect fit?

Mar 7, 2021 at 8:08 PM Post #2,377 of 3,161
And what do i do if i have o2?
Buy an R8 😉
I was checking:
O2 Telefonica Germany: LTE B3,B7,B20,B28,B38.
According to the table from earlier in this thread the R8 supports B3,B7,B20,B28.

I wanted to check it on the Hiby homepage.

What I have found is that no more fancy leather suitcase. It is called now smart package design.

I like the suitcase even if I will probably never use it.

Mar 7, 2021 at 8:08 PM Post #2,378 of 3,161
Mar 8, 2021 at 12:50 AM Post #2,379 of 3,161
https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B08N3XP8LD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I would say that for film, they are very easy to apply as it was quite thick and stiff almost similar to those glass protectors. They fit the screen well but not the whole glass as the sides are curved. I would say that there were around 1mm gap on each sides.
Thanks, pity this particular item doesn't ship to my country. I've bought from Amazon Japan before, it depends on the product/seller I guess.

Mar 8, 2021 at 12:47 PM Post #2,382 of 3,161
Hey guys. It's been a labour of love over the past few weeks and months, but my extensive review of the R8 is now online HERE. I grappled with how to best present a review that offers something new, a user-centric perspective on what I personally feel is the most complete flagship DAP on the market today. Hope you like, and find it useful. Shout if you have any questions.

HiByR8b_02.jpg

Mar 8, 2021 at 1:09 PM Post #2,383 of 3,161
Hey guys. It's been a labour of love over the past few weeks and months, but my extensive review of the R8 is now online HERE. I grappled with how to best present a review that offers something new, a user-centric perspective on what I personally feel is the most complete flagship DAP on the market today. Hope you like, and find it useful. Shout if you have any questions.

HiByR8b_02.jpg

Fantastic review! Didn't know changing icons was possible, will try this out. I tend to use HibyLink instead of UAPP. Regarding UAPP, is there a way to control remotely like Hiby Link?

Mar 8, 2021 at 3:52 PM Post #2,384 of 3,161
Fantastic review! Didn't know changing icons was possible, will try this out. I tend to use HibyLink instead of UAPP. Regarding UAPP, is there a way to control remotely like Hiby Link?
Thanks! Unfortunately no, UAPP can't be remotely controlled. But then the reason I got a DAP was to decouple from my phone. 😉

Users who are viewing this thread

Back