HiBy R8 User Impressions
Jun 28, 2020 at 12:13 PM Post #271 of 3,161
The EFOtech headphone spatializer (my company's baby) has been in HiByMusic for R5/6/6pro/8 for awhile. There's a pure room modelling crossfed version and one that upmixes to surround before spatializing--to cut the rope on the 60 degree stereo soundfield without compromising centre imaging. All this surely runs better on the R8 than the rest!

Wow, that sounds really interesting. Is it already integrated into the music player in R8 or needs to be bought as extra?

EDIT: Could it be that your website is not working?
http://www.efotech.fi/

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2020 at 12:18 PM Post #272 of 3,161
Wow, that sounds really interesting. Is it already integrated into the music player in R8 or needs to be bought as extra?
It's integrated into the music player.

We aren't running a website at the moment. Maybe because I'm too busy with other people's companies 😅

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jun 28, 2020 at 12:22 PM Post #273 of 3,161
It's integrated into the music player.

We aren't running a website at the moment. Maybe because I'm too busy with other people's companies 😅

What about the programming interface? Is it open / available for anyone that would want to develop plugins?

Jun 28, 2020 at 1:21 PM Post #276 of 3,161
this thread in general is in a useless state, with plenty of strong opinions yet no first-hand experience reports to back them up.

I have first hand experience but not supposed to comment since my status changed, but what the hell. To me the R8 is the best dap i've owned, in sound and everything else. It is portable, maybe not a jogging dap but the alloy one weighs less or similar to the WM1Z and not much bigger than the M15. My M15 is very nice too but as the price suggests its at a little lower level. It in no way benefits from 2 x ak4499 other than marketing. I would have preferred AK4497 and more spent on the amp maybe but its still great dap. Max is one for the office, its amp may just pip the R8 in some areas but not in details, sound stage is almost the same. As a complete package its soc is obviously behind and not so much portable. I didn't intend to still have all 3 but like all of them. At least 1 will have to go thoigh. Android versions are worth noting too. 9, 8 and 7 for R8, MAX and M15 in that order.

You also get a dignis case with the R8 and the most extravagant box i've seen a dap come in. It as actually very useful too and not just for show.

Take all i said with a pinch of salt, its all aledgedly.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2020 at 2:05 PM Post #278 of 3,161
I have first hand experience but not supposed to comment since my status changed, but what the hell. To me the R8 is the best dap i've owned, in sound and everything else. It is portable, maybe not a jogging dap but the alloy one weighs less or similar to the WM1Z and not much bigger than the M15. My M15 is very nice too but as the price suggests its at a little lower level. It in no way benefits from 2 x ak4499 other than marketing. I would have preferred AK4497 and more spent on the amp maybe but its still great dap. Max is one for the office, its amp may just pip the R8 in some areas but not in details, sound stage is almost the same. As a complete package its soc is obviously behind and not so much portable. I didn't intend to still have all 3 but like all of them. At least 1 will have to go thoigh. Android versions are worth noting too. 9, 8 and 7 for R8, MAX and M15 in that order.

You also get a dignis case with the R8 and the most extravagant box i've seen a dap come in. It as a actually very useful too and not just for show.

Good to know mate 😉

Jun 28, 2020 at 2:15 PM Post #279 of 3,161

You also get a dignis case with the R8 and the most extravagant box i've seen a dap come in. It as actually very useful too and not just for show.

You have UI speed video showcasing usability?

Jun 28, 2020 at 2:26 PM Post #281 of 3,161
I wonder if the LTE version only supports LTE or also 3G? And if it supports also voice-over-LTE (that can also make voice calls using BT headsets) or is it data only...

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2020 at 2:35 PM Post #284 of 3,161

EDIT: Could it be that your website is not working?
http://www.efotech.fi/
Would be great if each track I can EQ it and save the eq settings for each track.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back