Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Jul 27, 2020 at 6:08 PM Post #3,496 of 4,006
That doesn‘t some normal... I listen to hours of Tidal MQA every day with Audeze Lcd2 and JH Lola’s (both balanced cables) and i’ve never heard that

It only happens when the song quality is from hifi to mqa like on my playlist it is mixed with mqa and hifi quality songs. But on a full mqa album it works flawlessly

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2020 at 6:29 PM Post #3,497 of 4,006
What made you ditch the HiBy? Was there a marked difference in SQ?

Weight, form factor, portability and “new toy” factor.

I was also after an Android operating system speed upgrade. (I think the Sony 507 operates a bit snappier / faster than the R6 Pro)

I a/b tested for sq but probably favoured the Sony simply because it was all back, lightweight and cool looking! My favourite tracks sounded great on it but they did on the R6 Pro too.

You can carry the Sony in a sport or dress shirt pocket it’s that light. You can’t do that with the R6 Pro (it’s just too heavy) I still have a place in my heart for the sturdy build of the R6. I still have it.

Neither is perfect.

The Sony battery is hard to keep going.

A lightweight but wider DAP that took up a whole shirt pocket would be ideal for me. Wider screen, wider keyboard to type on.

Onwards and upwards.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2020 at 6:33 PM Post #3,498 of 4,006
Playing London Grammer on R6 Pro ==> IBasso IT-03 is very satisfying. Little bit of V-shape to the IT-03 signature really helps the ethereal quality of their music. And Hannah’s voice drips with pathos (say on ‘Non Believer’).

Aug 2, 2020 at 2:00 PM Post #3,499 of 4,006
Hey guys,

just wanted to share some info... I updated the Qobuz app to the latest version and now it opens fast! Ever since I got the R6 the app has taken FOREVER to open

I was worried when I first opened it - all my offline music looked like it was gone. But I restarted the R6 and it’s all good

Aug 3, 2020 at 5:37 PM Post #3,500 of 4,006
Jeeze, what a long wait!

But great news for Qobuz users.

I would probably still be using Qobuz now if it ever worked well on my R6 Pro.

Aug 4, 2020 at 12:27 PM Post #3,503 of 4,006
may be sour grapes but I AM happy with AM HD now.. The scrolling lyrics and reduced cost are both good.

Aug 5, 2020 at 6:59 AM Post #3,504 of 4,006
Is anyone else experiencing issue with gapless playback not working 100% of the time using the HiBy Music app? Sometimes it works perfectly for me, and sometimes I can hear a quick pause between songs. This happens when using both the internal storage, and a SD card

Aug 5, 2020 at 7:14 AM Post #3,505 of 4,006
Is anyone else experiencing issue with gapless playback not working 100% of the time using the HiBy Music app? Sometimes it works perfectly for me, and sometimes I can hear a quick pause between songs. This happens when using both the internal storage, and a SD card
Never worked for me, ive tried all different settings with no luck.

Aug 6, 2020 at 5:57 AM Post #3,506 of 4,006
Questions for those using Neutron Player on R6Pro:
- any difference in battery usage vs. Hiby Music app when playing off internal or SD storage?
- does gaplesss work when using DLNA?

Aug 6, 2020 at 7:56 AM Post #3,508 of 4,006
This neutron player in wich ways is better than the hiby app? Is it worth the try?

I'm looking for an app that can handle gapless playback (HiBy Music app has issues w/ gapless) and also stream from my NAS. Neutron looks promising.

Aug 6, 2020 at 6:20 PM Post #3,510 of 4,006
What’s the big deal with gapless - why is it so vital?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back