Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Dec 19, 2019 at 7:15 AM Post #2,761 of 4,006
I'd like to know the same thing. I think Tidal is superb on the R6 Pro, both through the native app and through UAPP. Amazon Music is slow and cumbersome by comparison, and you don't get the advantage of streaming through UAPP's optimised engine.

i have also found Spotify to take up a lot of resources, hang and occasionally crash when dealing with an offline library of ~5k songs. I’ve found Tidal to take fewer resources and is generally more responsive, but I haven’t built up the massive library that I had before.

Dec 22, 2019 at 12:12 AM Post #2,763 of 4,006
Dec 22, 2019 at 6:42 AM Post #2,764 of 4,006
Honestly, only you can answer that.
Seconded! It’s like the Lego song says: “Everything is awesome!” We have a lot of very good equipment available across a wide spectrum of price points. What really matters is what you think is awesome. As a case in point, I’m listening to my BLON-03’s instead of my other more expensive IEMs because the 03’s are fun and enjoyable.
With that being said, it really matters where you live as that will limit your access to what you can try before you buy.
Also, I’d like to add that better is not always “better” I recently picked up a Chord Mojo second hand thinking that I’d use it with my phone. HA! To actually use it and get that “better” sound, I have to put my phone on airplane mode or be driven mad with radio interference. The “better” option I’ve realised is the iPhone dongle. 90-95% of the benefit for a fraction of the cost.

Dec 22, 2019 at 8:00 AM Post #2,766 of 4,006
Firmware 1.7G is out.

but bit perfect is not working on Hiby music app but UAPP does.
Did you try going into settings in the Hiby app, then toggle “exclusive HQ USB audio access”? I’m assuming you’re using the R6pro as a source and are trying to connect it via USB to a DAC.

Dec 23, 2019 at 12:22 PM Post #2,769 of 4,006
Hi, I just borrowed a friend's R6 pro to try out and there seems to be no sound coming out of the balanced out. Would anyone know why that is so? It's working perfectly fine through the 3.5mm SE using the same IEM + balanced cable adapted to 3.5mm.

Dec 23, 2019 at 12:56 PM Post #2,770 of 4,006
Hi, I just borrowed a friend's R6 pro to try out and there seems to be no sound coming out of the balanced out. Would anyone know why that is so? It's working perfectly fine through the 3.5mm SE using the same IEM + balanced cable adapted to 3.5mm.

Try a different cable? When you plug into the 4.4 does the “bal” logo comes
In the top left corner of the screen?

Dec 23, 2019 at 2:37 PM Post #2,771 of 4,006
Has anyone here heard the Ibasso DX160? I can get a used R6 pro for the same price and am wondering if the R6 Pro has any clear advantages. I don't really need more power, but I've read that the Ibasso has a lower noise floor.

Dec 23, 2019 at 8:42 PM Post #2,773 of 4,006
Try a different cable? When you plug into the 4.4 does the “bal” logo comes
In the top left corner of the screen?

No, I didn't see the "bal" logo in the top left corner of the screen. I tried 2 different cables with it and none of which seemed to work. Is it possible for a 4.4 port to stop working? It was harder for me to plug the cables into the balanced out though (tight fit). The 3.5 SE was looser.

Dec 23, 2019 at 10:22 PM Post #2,774 of 4,006
Does the r6 pro need a burn in period for the balanced output?
It sounds good but I guess not as good as expected

In my opinion it doesn't need burn in. Were you expecting it to sound significantly better than the SE out? Because aside from the power advantages of the balanced out, I've never noticed a big difference between the two. They both sound phenomenal to my ears (fwiw).

Dec 24, 2019 at 12:36 AM Post #2,775 of 4,006
In my opinion it doesn't need burn in. Were you expecting it to sound significantly better than the SE out? Because aside from the power advantages of the balanced out, I've never noticed a big difference between the two. They both sound phenomenal to my ears (fwiw).
I'm not comparing it to the se out
I use the balanced out simply because of the cable I got. But I guess I expected it to sound on par with the dx220 or the wm1a, I enjoy its vast eq manipulation you can do it, I like it's form factor
But as far as sound... It doesn't sound all that impressive, maybe I expected too much.
I wonder if I should return and get the wm1a... But I do like the look and feel of the device, the good Android jt has and everything else,
Using the u18t with it and am not that impressed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back