Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Dec 15, 2019 at 10:43 AM Post #2,746 of 4,006
Yeah I have the exact same thing going on with Qobuz! I can hit the little square icon to see the Q. window but I can’t switch to it. Tidal comes up instantly

Hmm. I had same problem on my R6 Pro but somewhere along the way a Qobuz update fixed it. Still slower overall responses than Tidal, but not terrible. They did somehow nuke my offline library (also on my pc and Android phone) though favorites that have been imported are still accessible off line from My Favorites under My Qobuz as long as they have been imported.

I have to say Qobuz has not been impressive. I am an annual Sublime+ subscriber but will end my subscription soon. Just too many hassles and that basically has me listening just to Tidal.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2019 at 10:55 AM Post #2,747 of 4,006
Hello R6 Pro Experts. For those of you who
  • run Windows 10
  • use internal SDcard for music storage
  • connect via USB to load tracks to the sdcard
sdcard.png

How do you map the actual storage folder as a drive letter in Windows so I can use it in a variety of ways (ie: from inside Foobar, with various file sync utilities etc, all of which require a drive letter).
Note: yes, I can drag and drop from Windows explorer but that's not optimal.
Note2: I already tried Computer Management-->Storage, the sdcard does not appear.

Thanks for any guidance here.

Dec 16, 2019 at 9:20 AM Post #2,750 of 4,006
How do you map the actual storage folder as a drive letter in Windows so I can use it in a variety of ways (ie: from inside Foobar, with various file sync utilities etc, all of which require a drive letter).

Short answer, is unfortunately, you can't by default. Android devices present themselves as a MTP drive and you can't map those in windows by default. A quick google shows that there might be some software (MTP Drive) that would allow you to map the drive, but I have no experience with it. I would imagine that there would be some limitations to the software, since MTP doesn't really allow direct access to any file system objects.

Dec 17, 2019 at 2:20 AM Post #2,752 of 4,006
I have to say Qobuz has not been impressive. I am an annual Sublime+ subscriber but will end my subscription soon. Just too many hassles and that basically has me listening just to Tidal.

I have the same and feel the same.

I ended the subscription renewal this week.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2019 at 4:06 PM Post #2,753 of 4,006
Decided I wanted to tweak my own eq & remembered that I had a TC Finalizer 96+ lying around from the ole' studio days.

:ksc75smile:

I want to sit on my sofa with the DAP tried a 3 meter computer usb cable but it caused clicks from clocking errors.

So I bought a 3.6 meter Furutech Formula 2 Type A to Type B USB Cable

And a AudioQuest USB A to USB C converter

Works great!

image.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2019 at 1:08 PM Post #2,754 of 4,006
And now I am going to try swapping it out for the 5 meter one!

Dec 19, 2019 at 4:10 AM Post #2,756 of 4,006
Yes - perhaps search this thread for "192k"

I found the fixed 192k thing annoying also. So I have abandoned AM and use Tidal instead.which is a shame as it's more expensive and I found search on Tidal to be inferior to the AM search.

Shame as I got all excited about AM too....

It's early day for AM perhaps they will fix it perhaps they won't. Perhaps they will launch a hi res player of their own?

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2019 at 4:22 AM Post #2,757 of 4,006
Yes - perhaps search this thread for "192k"

I found the fixed 192k thing annoying also. So I have abandoned AM and use Tidal instead.whick us a shame as it's more expensive and I found search on Tidal to be inferior to the AM search.

Shame as I got all excited about AM too....

It's early day for AM perhaps they will fix it perhaps they won't. Perhaps they will launch a hi res player of their own?
The other thing that is problematic is that AM does not respond to the physical media buttons on the player.
Tidal is trash in my opinion and I'd rather still deal with AM, but yeah... it's early yet for them and I imagine the development will get much better.
Too much money behind Amazon for it to not be greatly improved before long.

Dec 19, 2019 at 6:31 AM Post #2,758 of 4,006
Yeah I hope so too. But my inability to get AM to play out from the USB port got me to throw in the towel.

Dec 19, 2019 at 6:47 AM Post #2,759 of 4,006
The other thing that is problematic is that AM does not respond to the physical media buttons on the player.
Tidal is trash in my opinion and I'd rather still deal with AM, but yeah... it's early yet for them and I imagine the development will get much better.
Too much money behind Amazon for it to not be greatly improved before long.

Just curious about your reasons for disliking Tidal. I’m thinking about giving up Spotify for Tidal and wanted to know more about your experience with it on an R6pro. Thanks in advance for your time.

Dec 19, 2019 at 7:00 AM Post #2,760 of 4,006
Just curious about your reasons for disliking Tidal. I’m thinking about giving up Spotify for Tidal and wanted to know more about your experience with it on an R6pro. Thanks in advance for your time.
I'd like to know the same thing. I think Tidal is superb on the R6 Pro, both through the native app and through UAPP. Amazon Music is slow and cumbersome by comparison, and you don't get the advantage of streaming through UAPP's optimised engine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back