Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Jun 5, 2019 at 2:09 PM Post #2,086 of 4,006
Thanks Joe, I'll look into that.

Lastly, I am going to reformat my sd card and see how that goes.
I use a Mac and have 4 choices... I've included a picture of the choices given.
The problems I have encountered so far were with the drive formatted for exFat.
Should I try something else?

Let me know.
And thanks again.
None of the choices other than ExFAT are really valid. The R6 wouldn't be able to read Mac OS formats and plain FAT is just too antiquated and a horror to contemplate using for a 512GB drive...

If you ask me, with a card already so near full as yours, I'd rather deal with having to delete a few "mystery" directories (if I ever want to delete them) by doing so on the R6, than wiping the whole card just because of this, especially if a disk diagnostic turns up no errors. No offense but it sounds like something an OCD person would do (speaking as someone who has OCDed on plenty of things before, ha!)

Last edited:
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jun 5, 2019 at 2:37 PM Post #2,087 of 4,006
Ha yeah I actually have an iPhone ironically. What I wouldn’t give to be able to stick a 512 GB SD card in there instead of having to get a new phone when my storage is full, or get price gauged into iCloud storage

This would be kind of a monkey a** solution Aris, but I wonder if you could get around your issue by running a Windows VM using Parallels, VM Ware, or Virtual Box and connecting to the R6 that way
I sometimes use a Sandisk wireless sd stick 256 gb and it plays all my lossless alac files without compression.

Jun 5, 2019 at 9:19 PM Post #2,088 of 4,006
Hi Everyone, just a quick question:

How's your avarage battery life? mine seems to be draining battery like crazy, ive got an r6 pro, mainly using hiby music app and if downloading tidal and/or spotify playlist, ill plug in the unit, but lately i think the battery goes faster, ive been seeing an avarage of 20% gone in less than an 40 minutes, im trying to kill as much processes to keep anything out of the background use, but still... im using the latest firmware, led light is off, using the new turn off feature to avoid as many battery drainage as possible... dunno if anyone noticed something alike with the last firmware update?

Jun 6, 2019 at 3:43 AM Post #2,089 of 4,006
Hi Everyone, just a quick question:

How's your avarage battery life? mine seems to be draining battery like crazy, ive got an r6 pro, mainly using hiby music app and if downloading tidal and/or spotify playlist, ill plug in the unit, but lately i think the battery goes faster, ive been seeing an avarage of 20% gone in less than an 40 minutes, im trying to kill as much processes to keep anything out of the background use, but still... im using the latest firmware, led light is off, using the new turn off feature to avoid as many battery drainage as possible... dunno if anyone noticed something alike with the last firmware update?

Check to see what app is taking must of the battery in the settings. Ive found google play services to have problems at the moment on this current firmware depending if wifi is on or off. Just thinking about it. It did drain a bit whilst i was at home yesterday and seemed fine whilst I was out yesterday.

Jun 6, 2019 at 4:38 AM Post #2,090 of 4,006
@Joe Bloggs

Hi I am having an issue with Qobuz and my offline downloads.

If I select and play a song - it doesn't start.
If i select to chrome cast it - it does start playing
If I switch off casting to revert to play on the R6 it still doesn't play
If I wait about 4 mins - it DOES (finally) start to play....????????
Once one track has played the R6 is OK for the rest of the day..

I have tried force quitting Qobuz putting wifi & Bluetooth on and off

Thanks

Jun 9, 2019 at 1:26 AM Post #2,091 of 4,006
Help! Can't open Google Play.

I got my R6 back from repair, blank slate.
I've upgraded to Android 8.1.0. Used CoolApk to download Google Play. Every attempt to open it is answered with "Google Play Store has stopped." Open App again gets me nowhere.

Also, that CookApk interface is in Chinese. Anyone knows if it can be switched to English?

Jun 9, 2019 at 6:48 AM Post #2,093 of 4,006
Any one here recently picked up the ibasso dx220 and compared it to the r6 pro? Wondering what's different between them in terms of sound.

Oddly enough its more in Hong Kong / Taiwan (31000 TWD/8000 HKD) than the R6 Pro(23500TWD 5750HKD) despite being the same price in the UK. (£800) I tried it but I couldnt tell the difference on my HD630VBs and the HD800s'
Ive found ibasso's component grade such as the headphone socket to be poor on other models which is why im now trying Hiby. Between Fiios awful software and ibassos awful hardware. Hiby is a my last hope really.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2019 at 11:04 AM Post #2,097 of 4,006
N6ii has interchangeable Modules, there might be a ESS DAC in the near future....
Why would I buy something now for something that may or may not happen in the future? The specs dont even match the price.
You're paying for possibly being able to change things in the future and even then not to specs that match the price of £1000 which is grossly overestimated.

Jun 9, 2019 at 5:19 PM Post #2,098 of 4,006
Any one here recently picked up the ibasso dx220 and compared it to the r6 pro? Wondering what's different between them in terms of sound.

I've got both and did out initially out my R6 Pro up for sale....however I've spent a few hours comparing them further today and I'm kind of thinking I might keep the Hiby and sell the DX220.

In terms of sound quality there really isn't much in it between them using Flac and Tidal etc. I'd say the ibasso is probably a bit more laid back with a slightly warmer presentation to the music, the R6 Pro hits a bit harder.
Now this is purely personal and some will prefer the ibasso sound, there is also the amp modules to consider which is the main thing tempting me to keep the ibasso.

The DX220 also seems a bit more capable at handling MQA files from tidal, but if I'm honest I'm not sure I can tell the difference.

There's a couple of small things I'd like such as being able to Bluetooth stream from my phone (audio from video not music) but I think that may be on latest firmware

Jun 9, 2019 at 10:10 PM Post #2,099 of 4,006
Help! Can't open Google Play.

I got my R6 back from repair, blank slate.
I've upgraded to Android 8.1.0. Used CoolApk to download Google Play. Every attempt to open it is answered with "Google Play Store has stopped." Open App again gets me nowhere.

Also, that CookApk interface is in Chinese. Anyone knows if it can be switched to English?

Dear PunchLine,

It sounds like you got a Chinese version R6 back from us, not International.

Is that what you sent us for repair, a Chinese version unit?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jun 9, 2019 at 10:15 PM Post #2,100 of 4,006
Dear PunchLine,

It sounds like you got a Chinese version R6 back from us, not International.

Is that what you sent us for repair, a Chinese version unit?

Thanks for replying Joe. I was at the end of my wits, trying to get Google Play to work. Now it's all clear.

No, I sent you an R6 that I'd purchased in the USA, an international edition. Unfortunately, I received back a Chinese edition.

Please advise how to rectify the situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back