Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Jun 2, 2019 at 5:21 PM Post #2,056 of 4,006
It's not on par (sound quality wise) as the amplification circuit is better on the R6 Pro (the R6 Pro being more powerful as well), that said, it's close and the difference in sound quality alone wouldn't justify almost twice the price.

That said, the M11 does not have Google play framework, which limits the options in terms of what player or app you can use, for instance USB Audio Player Pro will not run properly on the M11, finally the M11 does not have DTA (although, as you've said, it's hit or miss), so you are restricted to FiiO Music (which looks like some Hiby Music skin), and Neutron for high quality sound processing (on non streaming apps) this may deter some.

Finally I do prefer the M11 design however, it looks more futuristic than the R6 Pro does.
OK, you're more than welcome to knit pick on the amplifier.
My point was, if you intend to just use a bit perfect app anyway, there is little difference between the two. The hiby allows flexibility, but if you don't intend to use it and intend to use.bit perfect apps then, we're both in agreement, the m11 is a great option.

For me, I don't intend to use a bit perfect app, so the hiby dta is perfect for me, but I am perplexed at those who would pay extra for the hiby when the m11 does what they need.
Not that I should complain since I NEED DTA and if everyone just sideloaded uapp or used hiby music on a different device rather than pay more and then since use the same app here, I'd be screwed. So I guess I should keep my mouth shut? Lol.
I imagine the m13 or even higher end fiios will be even better value, but the backend of Android not being bit perfect drives me crazy now that I understand it, it's bad coding.

If hiby could partner on a phone.... That would be amazing.
Hiby + oneplus.... Make it happen... ! You'd destroy lg series, make a small royalty per phone sold. Not like it even conflicts with your current line, any small royalty selling the dta underlying part to oneplus is still extra money!

I dream.

Jun 2, 2019 at 9:00 PM Post #2,057 of 4,006
Get a refund now and get a new one in the uk if you can swing it. Sounds flaky to me.

I noticed im still using the UK Play store and such. It seemed fine in the shop when grabbing UAPP. Ive just tried bluetooth teathering to my phone and thats fine. I think im just getting sync errors possibly due to high ping from being out here and I noticed AdvanceMP3's doesnt have stock until the 21st of June So im going to risk as it seems like a software issue that could be fixed. If I can root it that would give me more control over the DAC. Last year when I rooted my LG V30 I mamanged to mod the sound config files to have high impedeance mode on all the time and such. Anyway It still serves its intended purpose since im used to no Wifi with the M7

OK, you're more than welcome to knit pick on the amplifier.
My point was, if you intend to just use a bit perfect app anyway, there is little difference between the two. The hiby allows flexibility, but if you don't intend to use it and intend to use.bit perfect apps then, we're both in agreement, the m11 is a great option.

For me, I don't intend to use a bit perfect app, so the hiby dta is perfect for me, but I am perplexed at those who would pay extra for the hiby when the m11 does what they need.
Not that I should complain since I NEED DTA and if everyone just sideloaded uapp or used hiby music on a different device rather than pay more and then since use the same app here, I'd be screwed. So I guess I should keep my mouth shut? Lol.
I imagine the m13 or even higher end fiios will be even better value, but the backend of Android not being bit perfect drives me crazy now that I understand it, it's bad coding.

If hiby could partner on a phone.... That would be amazing.
Hiby + oneplus.... Make it happen... ! You'd destroy lg series, make a small royalty per phone sold. Not like it even conflicts with your current line, any small royalty selling the dta underlying part to oneplus is still extra money!

I dream.

I dont know how they sideloaded uapp since it will just say it cannot veirify the purchase. Ive given up on Fiio since the M7 was missing music that was accessible from the folders option and visa versa. The radio was meant to be a dedicated chip but was also useless since it was deaf.I also found the Fiio Music app to crash pretty much everytime i used it. In terms of phones, in the UK, LG at the moment is hardly available. The LG V30 is no longer for sale and The LG V40 was US & Asia only. Im hoping for the LG V50 at some point but im not holding my breath.

Jun 2, 2019 at 9:46 PM Post #2,058 of 4,006
Can’t wait to hear what you think of the screen protector. Hoping you didn’t take the .org off and get a scratch! :)
The package has arrived in the country, but unfortunately, an invalid address was probably specified by the shipper. I'm trying to get this sorted out ASAP; I don't really want to have to wait another 3+ weeks for it to be redelivered.

Jun 3, 2019 at 6:18 AM Post #2,059 of 4,006
Maybe someone can help me with a seemingly strange file/sd card issue I am experiencing.

I have some albums that I have transferred via Android File Transfer (from a Mac computer over the usb-C cable).
Viewing folders on the R6 Pro, the files are viewable, playable, etc... no issue there.

But when I pull the sd card out, and connect directly to my computer, the same files are nowhere to be found.
Even after using terminal with the command to show all hidden files... nothing.

Put the sd card back into the R6 Pro, all files present and accounted for and ready for play (as seen in the pic below).
Am I missing something here?

How can I possibly manage files on the computer if they don't show in the sd card?
Very strange... any help would be greatly appreciated.

The folder is a jazz album by Dexter Gordon entitled "Go" and exists in the DSD folder on the sd card.
@Joe Bloggs
Screen Shot 2019-06-03 at 03.16.42.png 2019-06-03 03.09.00.jpg

Jun 3, 2019 at 12:32 PM Post #2,060 of 4,006
Maybe someone can help me with a seemingly strange file/sd card issue I am experiencing.

I have some albums that I have transferred via Android File Transfer (from a Mac computer over the usb-C cable).
Viewing folders on the R6 Pro, the files are viewable, playable, etc... no issue there.

But when I pull the sd card out, and connect directly to my computer, the same files are nowhere to be found.

Put the sd card back into the R6 Pro, all files present and accounted for and ready for play (as seen in the pic below).

How can I possibly manage files on the computer if they don't show in the sd card?

The folder is a jazz album by Dexter Gordon entitled "Go" and exists in the DSD folder on the sd card.
@Joe Bloggs
I think Mac uses a different disk format than your card: the newer APFS (Apple File System) format or the older Mac OS Extended format

Smaller SD cards use FAT32 I think but larger cards (64 gigabytes and up) use exFAT.

I think there is 3rd party software that lets Mac write to exFAT and FAT32

Jun 3, 2019 at 4:59 PM Post #2,062 of 4,006
The latest firmware released a few days ago has the option of auto-powering down the Pro6 if idle for 30mins. I have tested this and it and works fine. This should hopefully avoid a scenario of draining the battery to zero if the Pro 6 is unintentionally left ON.

Thanks for the tip. Upgrading got me this fix and also seems to have fixed an issue I was having connecting to Google Play.

Jun 3, 2019 at 5:05 PM Post #2,063 of 4,006
I have some albums that I have transferred via Android File Transfer (from a Mac computer over the usb-C cable)

I have used Android File Transfer successfully from my Mac, but I had the SD Card inserted into the Mac w/ an adapter. The USB-C cable was connected to an SD Card device? Was the card formatted for Windows?

I think Mac uses a different disk format than your card: the newer APFS (Apple File System) format or the older Mac OS Extended format

Smaller SD cards use FAT32 I think but larger cards (64 gigabytes and up) use exFAT.

I think there is 3rd party software that lets Mac write to exFAT and FAT32

Disk Utility, included with Macs, can format exFAT.

Jun 3, 2019 at 11:22 PM Post #2,065 of 4,006
So it turns out it was the wifi in the place I was staying was causing Google play services to have problems and drained the battery. I took it to the shop but we tested it there and it was fine. So now I'm flying with it. There seems to be weird issues with Google play on the current firmwares. However I think hiby are aware of it and fixing it. I'll see how it is on the home wifi I'm sure it will be fine.

Jun 5, 2019 at 6:18 AM Post #2,068 of 4,006

@Joe Bloggs
We've been wondering about this one... Can you try using e.g. Paragon Partition Manager Free to see if your SD card is divided into more than one partition by any chance?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jun 5, 2019 at 6:19 AM Post #2,069 of 4,006
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jun 5, 2019 at 6:34 AM Post #2,070 of 4,006
We've been wondering about this one... Can you try using e.g. Paragon Partition Manager Free to see if your SD card is divided into more than one partition by any chance?
I will do that right now... pretty sure when I formatted it originally, I did all one partition in exfat... But I will check to be sure.

Another thing that is strange to me is that my SD Card is called "Music SD" yet the Hiby only recognizes it as "M"

From what I can see in my Mac disk manager, it looks like one partition... I downloaded Paragon, but now have to reboot my computer for it to finish installing.

I will report back in a few minutes with my findings from Paragon.
Screen Shot 2019-06-05 at 03.30.22.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back