Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Jun 1, 2019 at 7:10 AM Post #2,041 of 4,006
Jun 1, 2019 at 2:09 PM Post #2,042 of 4,006
The battery on my R6 Pro ran down overnight (sitting in my desk draw). When I plugged it in, it restarted over and over. Now it is completely dead. :frowning2:

Edit: Did the volume+power thing and chose reboot from the hidden menu. Seems ok now. But why?

The latest firmware released a few days ago has the option of auto-powering down the Pro6 if idle for 30mins. I have tested this and it and works fine. This should hopefully avoid a scenario of draining the battery to zero if the Pro 6 is unintentionally left ON.

Jun 1, 2019 at 3:12 PM Post #2,043 of 4,006
It also sounds a lot better than the Fiio M series . And the interface is fast whereas Fiio’s operating system is very slow and lags even with gigabit network speeds.
The m11 has a faster processor and is supposedly on par with the hiby for a lot less but you give up android os system wide bit perfect (which seems to be hit or miss anyway ). Something to consider. I like Android flexibility personally so would prefer hibys route.
I'm going off of hawaiis review.

Jun 1, 2019 at 3:45 PM Post #2,044 of 4,006
The m11 has a faster processor and is supposedly on par with the hiby for a lot less but you give up android os system wide bit perfect (which seems to be hit or miss anyway ). Something to consider. I like Android flexibility personally so would prefer hibys route.
What happens if let’s say Tidal and Qobuz don’t make it . You better hope you have a full App Store for other music services

Jun 1, 2019 at 3:52 PM Post #2,045 of 4,006
The latest firmware released a few days ago has the option of auto-powering down the Pro6 if idle for 30mins. I have tested this and it and works fine. This should hopefully avoid a scenario of draining the battery to zero if the Pro 6 is unintentionally left ON.
Somehow I completely missed this feature on the newest update.
It has already proved amazingly useful.

One of the things I was running into before was that if you leave the unit connected to wifi, sometimes it just continues doing "something" in the background - albeit who knows what...
And the battery will slowly drain.

Now it seems, that even when I see the blue light flickering on the side as if the wifi was still active or something... if the player is not playing or open, it still counts as "idle" and after 30, she shuts down.
Such a great battery saving feature.

Thanks for pointing this one out.

Jun 1, 2019 at 3:56 PM Post #2,046 of 4,006
What happens if let’s say Tidal and Qobuz don’t make it . You better hope you have a full App Store for other music services
Tidal and Qobuz are fully integrated on the M11. And you can side load them as apks anyway.
Also, it will run UAPP which has both Tidal and Qobuz built in (though offline download playback is not supported through UAPP).

I bought the Hiby, but the M11 is amazingly ridiculous for the money.
Have no reservations about either device - the are both crazy good.

I would only really say the the Hiby is "better" /if/ you need the extra power from the balanced output (about 300mW more power) for running higher impedance or power hungry cans/iems.

Different price ranges, but pretty similar devices in terms of features and sound quality. Really can't go wrong either way.

Enjoy the music!

Jun 1, 2019 at 10:16 PM Post #2,047 of 4,006
Hello everyone, I’m listening to Tidal (top level plan) on my HiBy R6 Pro w/ Audeze LCD-2’s

Do you think Qobuz would be better sound than Tidal? The technical details on MQA are confusing to me (unfolding, etc) despite the great info everyone has provided.

I went on Qobuz's site and it looks like they have two 24/192 plans:

1) Studio for $24.99 per mo / $249.99 per yr
  • HI-RES QUALITY STREAMING
  • FLAC 24-Bit up to 192 KHz

2) Sublime+ for $299.99 a year:
  • Hi-Res quality streaming
  • Purchasing advantages
  • Hi-Res downloads at reduced prices
I only plan on streaming, so it doesn't look like I'd get any additional value with the Sublime+ vs Studio plans. Any thoughts?

Thanks for any advice!

Note: I also put this question on a Qobuz thread to see if people on that one had any thoughts. Hope that's ok :)

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2019 at 10:30 PM Post #2,049 of 4,006
Glad this info could be of help to you.

Not wishing to go off forum, and only in the spirit of IEMs that match well with the Pro 6, I will elaborate a little: I like the JH Audio IEMs sound sig and tonality for many reasons, main ones being a) clean, "effortless", and non fatiguing sound (Jerry Harvey designs these IEMs to be worn by musicians for *endless* hours without sound fatigue setting in, b) they are not shrill, sibilant or harsh at the high end frequencies (harshness and sibilance is my biggest hate in many other IEMs), and c) they are very accommodating of any genre you may like. Over the years I find my genre leanings evolve constantly (over the past few years I moved from EDM, to country music, to deep-house/nu-Disco, to lately acoustic guitar with male/female vocals), and these IEMs played beautifully with all these genres. They have been described by others as a little "warm" leaning, rather than clinically neutral. But that suits me fine.

The key thing here though, is that they are great match in my humble opinion to the Pro 6 (besides there being no hissing issues whatsoever).

I would say at least try and audition few of their IEMs if you can, just to see if they are to your taste (they also market some IEMs under the Astel and Kern brand collaboration). They have a few offices around the US, hopefully one is close enough for your to go and audition. Their own brand IEMs are not the cheapest, and range from USD 800 to USD 2600 (the ones co-branded with Astel and Kern start at less, around USD 400 or so), but perhaps you can pick something on eBay if outright new is perhaps not in your budget. I have been very patient in buying mine, spending months scouring the Internet to get discounted ones.. including from Japan and Hong Kong.

I think I will stop here so as not to *really* go off topic, but if you would like to know more on the above, feel free to PM me.

Thanks for taking the time to give me this info!

I actually just came across a review where the guy said the JH Audio JH13V2’s are great with the R6 Pro
https://www.headfonia.com/review-hiby-r6-pro/5/

It sounds like your taste in music is similar to my own. Guess it’s just a matter of figuring out which JH Audio IEM to get... probably looking to stay in the $1,500 to $2k USD range

Thanks again

Jun 2, 2019 at 12:07 AM Post #2,050 of 4,006
Im having issues with google play services on the R6 pro. It took me a complete reset and several account deletions/additions to get it to read my account corrently and be able to simply connect to google play. My note 9 phone is on the same network and thats fine. It looks like alot of androids core features are missing on the R6 pro. In trying to fix issues I noticed another update yesterday. My device is regisered made on the 24th of April and had 2 update already which is good but Im worried if I take it back to the UK before I leave and have further problems Im going to be a bit stuck as the warrenty is only applicable to Hong Kong & Taiwan.

Jun 2, 2019 at 2:45 AM Post #2,051 of 4,006
It's not on par (sound quality wise) as the amplification circuit is better on the R6 Pro (the R6 Pro being more powerful as well), that said, it's close and the difference in sound quality alone wouldn't justify almost twice the price.

That said, the M11 does not have Google play framework, which limits the options in terms of what player or app you can use, for instance USB Audio Player Pro will not run properly on the M11, finally the M11 does not have DTA (although, as you've said, it's hit or miss), so you are restricted to FiiO Music (which looks like some Hiby Music skin), and Neutron for high quality sound processing (on non streaming apps) this may deter some.

Finally I do prefer the M11 design however, it looks more futuristic than the R6 Pro does.

Jun 2, 2019 at 2:47 AM Post #2,052 of 4,006
Tidal and Qobuz are fully integrated on the M11. And you can side load them as apks anyway.
Also, it will run UAPP which has both Tidal and Qobuz built in (though offline download playback is not supported through UAPP).

I bought the Hiby, but the M11 is amazingly ridiculous for the money.
Have no reservations about either device - the are both crazy good.

I would only really say the the Hiby is "better" /if/ you need the extra power from the balanced output (about 300mW more power) for running higher impedance or power hungry cans/iems.

Different price ranges, but pretty similar devices in terms of features and sound quality. Really can't go wrong either way.

Enjoy the music!
How would you run UAPP on the M11? UAPP requires google play framework to run, only the trial version will run without it.

Jun 2, 2019 at 8:20 AM Post #2,053 of 4,006
Ok well i found out the reason the battery is awful is also to do with google play constantly using the battery. it was sat on the updating 1 app screen overnight and drank the battery. It keeps wanting to update google pinyin input app. im on 1.15G Beta international build but I dont want the chinese stuff. Is this to do with some sort of localization with where I am and will go when I go home on Tuesday?

To add. I keep being signed out of google play now the "Authentication is requried. you need to sign in to your google account" screen keeps coming up and doesnt go away

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2019 at 11:34 AM Post #2,054 of 4,006
Im having issues with google play services on the R6 pro. It took me a complete reset and several account deletions/additions to get it to read my account corrently and be able to simply connect to google play. My note 9 phone is on the same network and thats fine. It looks like alot of androids core features are missing on the R6 pro. In trying to fix issues I noticed another update yesterday. My device is regisered made on the 24th of April and had 2 update already which is good but Im worried if I take it back to the UK before I leave and have further problems Im going to be a bit stuck as the warrenty is only applicable to Hong Kong & Taiwan.
Get a refund now and get a new one in the uk if you can swing it. Sounds flaky to me.

Jun 2, 2019 at 3:57 PM Post #2,055 of 4,006
I just got a Shure RMCE-BT2 which turns my SE846s into bluetooth. I'm having a lot of dropouts. I mean, I turn my head or swivel my chair and it drops.
Anyone else using this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back