Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
May 12, 2019 at 8:34 AM Post #1,876 of 4,006
Thanks
No. The Music Scan function was working fine until about a week ago, so, I have used it before.
So, the SD card has been checked and works fine, including allowing tracks to be added to it. However, when I attempt to do a new scan in the hiby app, to allow the newly added tracks to be added and made accessible on the player, it doesn’t scan anything. The card is formatted as portable btw, so, the issue appears to be with the player.

Do I need to do a factory reset or similar type process?

May 12, 2019 at 10:26 AM Post #1,877 of 4,006
Thanks

So, the SD card has been checked and works fine, including allowing tracks to be added to it. However, when I attempt to do a new scan in the hiby app, to allow the newly added tracks to be added and made accessible on the player, it doesn’t scan anything. The card is formatted as portable btw, so, the issue appears to be with the player.

Do I need to do a factory reset or similar type process?
There are 2 scan options. Scan all, and Scan specified folder. Have you tried scanning by folder, and going to the folder where the music is stored? Just curious, what does "formatted as portable" mean? It is formatted as exfat, I assume? What is "portable"?
EDIT: Never mind, it is an android feature, adoptable storage, I was not aware of, to format external storage media as Internal, or Portable.

Last edited:
May 13, 2019 at 1:19 AM Post #1,878 of 4,006
With this balance output power, can R6 pro fully drive the AKG N5005?

I would consider the hiss problem reported by multiple users, including myself, before using the balanced port with IEMs. I'm using both Senheisser Ie8i and Noble Audio Encore. Both of them encounter uncomfortable hiss sounds. I messaged Hiby customer support and their response is to wait for their own 4.4mm impedance adapter. I was told the original ETA is early May and then changed to early June 2019.

3.5mm connector does offer black background with the exception it's next to Wifi devices (like cellphones).

Last edited:
May 13, 2019 at 1:25 AM Post #1,879 of 4,006
I would consider the hiss problem reported by multiple users, including myself, before using the balanced port with IEMs. I'm using both Senheisser Ie8i and Noble Audio Encore. Both of them encounter uncomfortable hiss sounds. I messaged Hiby customer support and their response is to wait for their own 4.4mm impedance adapter. I was told the original ETA is early May and then changed to early June 2019.

3.5mm connector does offer black background with the exception it's next to Wifi devices (like cellphones).
I have virtually no hiss problems SE or balanced. It seems that the problem is not consistent across all production. I’m using the 90 degree 4.4mm to 2.5mm balanced Cayin adapter. However, the IEMs I use are not in the class of really sensitive low-impedance IEMs.
The most sensitive IEM I use is the BGVP DM7 which is 20ohms. My other two are 30ohms and 32ohms. The DM7 does have an ever so slight hiss when paused or at very low volume, which is not noticeable at all when volume is turned up.

Last edited:
May 13, 2019 at 10:10 AM Post #1,880 of 4,006
HiBy got back to me with a really disappointing response for my EMI issues -- basically said this is normal. My homemade case is working fine, but it sucks that I have to do this for such an expensive device.

With that said, I'm happy with my mobile setup. Love my new customs, love this player in all other respects.

May 14, 2019 at 9:33 PM Post #1,881 of 4,006
Those who are looking at getting some protection, Pelican 1020 is a good hard case for it for storage in a bag to prevent knocks and scratches. Here are some photos of the case and the R6 pro inside.

As seen in the pictures below, there is more than enough room for the unit and although the space might cause the unit to be knocked about within the case when moving around, the foam inside protects the unit. It also allows an iem to be contained inside.

The only demerit i feel would be that one has to take out the unit in order to listen to it. If there is some hole that allows the iem to exit then it would be almost perfect. (i love the bright yellows on this particular case)

KUse3ik

3JCQmCa

Attachments

• pelican.jpg
    pelican.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • pelican2.jpg
    pelican2.jpg
    647.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 15, 2019 at 10:54 AM Post #1,882 of 4,006
I have been using Qobuz through USB Audio Player Pro... it does all your locally stored music, Qobuz, and Tidal if you use it as well. I have found the built in tools within the app to be very accurate, and highly useful for crafting sound to your personal taste without any loss in quality at all. Not sure if you are up for using a different app, but if you are looking for an EQ app, may as well give USBAPP a try. I think it's $7 or something, but I have found it to be well worth it so far.

Thanks, I paid for the in app purchase parametric eq (so cheap) and it seems to be working well

May 15, 2019 at 11:09 AM Post #1,883 of 4,006
Thanks, I paid for the in app purchase parametric eq (so cheap) and it seems to be working well
How do you pay for the in app UAPP EQ add on? I have not been able to access it or find how to buy it from inside the app (maybe it is a separate purchase that is the recognized by UAPP?)

May 15, 2019 at 11:42 AM Post #1,884 of 4,006
I didn't try that one. Will try to have a look for you.

May 15, 2019 at 12:23 PM Post #1,885 of 4,006
Hey, can anyone recommend a sturdy "Otter Box" style belt holster case for the R6 pro? I already have a little ding on mine. I bought the leather case and it looks cool, but 1) it doesn't protect well 2) no belt loop

Thanks! Still loving the Tidal offline, and DSF's with the balanced cable

May 15, 2019 at 12:34 PM Post #1,886 of 4,006
Those who are looking at getting some protection, Pelican 1020 is a good hard case for it for storage in a bag to prevent knocks and scratches. Here are some photos of the case and the R6 pro inside.

As seen in the pictures below, there is more than enough room for the unit and although the space might cause the unit to be knocked about within the case when moving around, the foam inside protects the unit. It also allows an iem to be contained inside.

The only demerit i feel would be that one has to take out the unit in order to listen to it. If there is some hole that allows the iem to exit then it would be almost perfect. (i love the bright yellows on this particular case)

KUse3ik

3JCQmCa
Thanks dude, I ordered one from bh photo with the foam stuff. Decided to bite the bullet and pay for FedEx shipping to avoid the possibility of dropping this bad boy over the weekend :)

May 15, 2019 at 5:05 PM Post #1,887 of 4,006
Hey, can anyone recommend a sturdy "Otter Box" style belt holster case for the R6 pro? I already have a little ding on mine. I bought the leather case and it looks cool, but 1) it doesn't protect well 2) no belt loop

Thanks! Still loving the Tidal offline, and DSF's with the balanced cable

I have found the OtterBox Pursuit 40 drybox to be excellent. Size fit is near perfect. I can even squeeze in my JH Lola IEMs. Sorry don't have that near me at the mo, but will post pics on Saturday. This box is discontinued, but you can still find it available on eBay for USD 15.

Edit: sorry just re-read your post, and it seem you are looking specifically for a belt case, not just a protection case. I don't think the Otterbox Pursuit 40 would fit your need. But its a good overall protection case.

Last edited:
May 15, 2019 at 6:14 PM Post #1,888 of 4,006

One thing though.... In USB Audio Player Pro I can't see my Qobuz offline downloads.

So it only operates during streaming. I think I am stuck with that.

Any ideas? I want an android global output eq

Thanks

Last edited:
May 15, 2019 at 6:17 PM Post #1,889 of 4,006
CBD4E7E4-1B54-4CBB-9265-74BEE17DFF1A.jpeg
I see this in USB Audio Player Pro

Last edited:
May 15, 2019 at 6:19 PM Post #1,890 of 4,006
042F5909-B255-4F5C-8DE5-3617B14BE498.jpeg
But not this

Users who are viewing this thread

Back