Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Mar 21, 2019 at 8:44 AM Post #1,457 of 4,006
I can 100% confirm that the device they sent me was the international version, Playstore and all, and I assume all the others they have remaining in stock are also international versions. I had also messaged Joe Bloggs before ordering and asked if the versions on sale in HK from official dealers are the Chinese or Int'l versions, and he had said they would all be the international versions, which stands to reason given HK special status within China as "non-mainland".

Fingers crossed for you there would be a screw up too :). I must say it works both ways, I had been charged duties before on an item I bought from Ebay in the US (which didn't have an invoice with it), when I shouldn't have. But you know how much of a frustration it is to chase up customs in Dubai to claim back a couple of hundred dirhams. Life's too short for that.

p.s. you can choose English on their website, so ordering will be easy enough. They may then send you messages/emails in Chinese (as was in my case) to update you on shipping, including providing you with the tracking number. I just used google translate to decipher these messages.

Well I had a few issues with the Chinese freight company not marking the package as required by SnS to identify me, but the good news is that I will also pay only AED78 total for SnS fees and duties. This makes the total purchase and delivery price a rather fantastic $650.

Thanks again for the heads up on let’s go audio. Could be a great option for forum members if they can arrange freight forwarding to their home country.

Mar 21, 2019 at 9:11 AM Post #1,458 of 4,006
Well I had a few issues with the Chinese freight company not marking the package as required by SnS to identify me, but the good news is that I will also pay only AED78 total for SnS fees and duties. This makes the total purchase and delivery price a rather fantastic $650.

Thanks again for the heads up on let’s go audio. Could be a great option for forum members if they can arrange freight forwarding to their home country.

Thats wonderful news ! Very happy for you. Its always a great feeling to get a bargain, especially given how much of slippery slope spending on high end hifi gear can be.

Ordering HiFi gear from Hong Kong seems to be the way to go :) I have been searching the lets go audio site for anything else I might need!

Mar 21, 2019 at 10:05 AM Post #1,459 of 4,006
Hi all,

First post on here, so, I hope you can help.

I’m very keen on purchasing the R6 Pro, but key to this, is the ease with which I could load my existing music library files (which, to confirm, are stored in iTunes in ALAC format). Is there a user-friendly third party app/piece of software that would well with this particular device, when transferring songs from an iOS platform to an Android one?

Many thanks in advance!

Mar 21, 2019 at 10:14 AM Post #1,460 of 4,006
Hi all,

I’m very keen on purchasing the R6 Pro, but key to this, is the ease with which I could load my existing music library files (which, to confirm, are stored in iTunes in ALAC format). Is there a user-friendly third party app/piece of software that would well with this particular device, when transferring songs from an iOS platform to an Android one?

Many thanks in advance!

Hi There. Any reason why you can't simply copy the iTunes music folder to a micro SD card (which is what I did), and then put that card in the R6 Pro etc? The Hiby app in the R6 Pro (an excellent app) will then scan all the tracks in the SD card, and organize/allocate these as Albums, tracks etc. It will also download Album artwork if needed.

Mar 21, 2019 at 10:38 AM Post #1,461 of 4,006
Hi There. Any reason why you can't simply copy the iTunes music folder to a micro SD card (which is what I did), and then put that card in the R6 Pro etc? The Hiby app in the R6 Pro (an excellent app) will then scan all the tracks in the SD card, and organize/allocate these as Albums, tracks etc. It will also download Album artwork if needed.
Thanks, that might just work!

If the tracks are already tagged with the artwork, will that artwork be retained when they are inputted into the R6 Pro?

Mar 21, 2019 at 10:47 AM Post #1,462 of 4,006
Thanks, that might just work!

If the tracks are already tagged with the artwork, will that artwork be retained when they are inputted into the R6 Pro?

Yes, correct, it will just "import" the artwork that you already have with each Album. In my case, there were some folders (albums) that didn't have existing artwork (sort of playlists that I put together), the Hiby app just add artwork based on (I assume) a search for the track titles and artists names etc.

I bought a 400gb SD card for the R6 Pro, that I put all my existing tracks on, plus it also acts as offline storage of Tidal tracks etc.

I should add that when I was playing around with the Hiby app, there seems to be a way to import music files from another source via Wifi... didn't really look into though. This would come in handy though if you add more tracks from other sources to the SD card (after the initial transfer via the SD card).

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2019 at 11:23 AM Post #1,463 of 4,006
Hi all,

Many thanks in advance!

When I wanted a subset of my iTunes library for my old DAP, I used an app called "Export for iTunes."

Edit: $8 in the App Store

Mar 21, 2019 at 12:10 PM Post #1,464 of 4,006
Hi all,

Many thanks in advance!
Make it east on yourself and remove the sd card , fill it and insert back into the Hiby .

Mar 21, 2019 at 12:38 PM Post #1,465 of 4,006
Looks like the micro sd card transfer option suits me the best.

I should’ve added that I need to transfer from a Mac Mini device, but that probably doesn’t make too much difference?

As long as this process also ensures the files are always displayed/stored in their original iTunes order, once uploaded to the R6 Pro (i.e. per artist, per album etc.) then I think I’ll pull the trigger and get me one of these!

Mar 21, 2019 at 12:43 PM Post #1,466 of 4,006
Just an FYI if you ever recommend this to someone, any music purchased through iTunes store has DRM. That DRM has to be removed before it will work in something other than the Apple ecosystem. If the music was ripped from CD's, it will be as simple as you are explaining though.

Mar 21, 2019 at 12:52 PM Post #1,467 of 4,006
Just an FYI if you ever recommend this to someone, any music purchased through iTunes store has DRM. That DRM has to be removed before it will work in something other than the Apple ecosystem. If the music was ripped from CD's, it will be as simple as you are explaining though.
Thanks for the tip!

Fortunately, the vast majority of my digital library is comprised of lossless CD rips from my physical media collection.

Mar 21, 2019 at 4:12 PM Post #1,468 of 4,006

They removed DRM from purchased music a long time ago. The only stuff with DRM is music you download that you've not bought, as part of iTunes Music/Radio. You can get more info here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201616

All of my iTunes-purchased music plays just fine on my Razer Phone 2 out of UAPP and on my Sony NW-ZX300.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back