Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Dec 17, 2018 at 3:58 PM Post #47 of 4,006
Is the battery user replaceable? This music player looks complete :) also more powerful then LPGT 750 mW vs 500 mW.

No, the battery is not user replaceable by default,

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2018 at 12:01 PM Post #48 of 4,006
Super curious about this player, i've never heard of Hiby until today. the specs are super impressive, although im not sure as a company how they compare to their counter parts like FiiO, A&K and Sony. :S it would be buying an unknown for me. whats their customer support like and whats their status in the north american market? are they globally known and retailed ? :S

Dec 18, 2018 at 12:48 PM Post #49 of 4,006
Super curious about this player, i've never heard of Hiby until today. the specs are super impressive, although im not sure as a company how they compare to their counter parts like FiiO, A&K and Sony. :S it would be buying an unknown for me. whats their customer support like and whats their status in the north american market? are they globally known and retailed ? :S

My own experience is positive (outside USA). Yes, globally known and retailed. Of course, the most of their strength and influence is now concentrated in ASIA but they are focusing on and taking good steps for better presence in Western part of the world. Their popularity started to grow wit the release of HiByMusic app first with lots of interesting functions like HiBy link, bit-perfect output and now MSEB (audiophile-oriented tweaks to sound). Than followed by HibyOS (including HiByMusic) which is used in their own DAPs and also licensed to other HW manufacturers like Hidizs, Xduoo, etc. Again, my personal experience shows that there is after sales support - at least I was able to get answers to my questions, submit minor issues and get the reply.

Dec 18, 2018 at 1:26 PM Post #50 of 4,006
My own experience is positive (outside USA). Yes, globally known and retailed. Of course, the most of their strength and influence is now concentrated in ASIA but they are focusing on and taking good steps for better presence in Western part of the world. Their popularity started to grow wit the release of HiByMusic app first with lots of interesting functions like HiBy link, bit-perfect output and now MSEB (audiophile-oriented tweaks to sound). Than followed by HibyOS (including HiByMusic) which is used in their own DAPs and also licensed to other HW manufacturers like Hidizs, Xduoo, etc. Again, my personal experience shows that there is after sales support - at least I was able to get answers to my questions, submit minor issues and get the reply.
Thats good to know, ive heard people have had issues with the hiby R6 battery, since its lithium ion they can't send it back to HK where hiby is based in.
I'm just afraid there might be a chance that the R6 Pro might encounter an issue and i might need to re-send it back to hiby for repair but they will refuse entry of my device due to the battery.
I hope the R6 Pro is around the same price as the A&K SR15, if it is, i'll grab the R6 Pro due to the better hardware and battery, but if its same price as the A&K SE100 (around 1700$USD) then i'll just get the SR15 :frowning2: since its cheaper for me here in Canada.

Dec 18, 2018 at 2:49 PM Post #51 of 4,006
The R6 is scheduled to recieve an update to Oreo 8.1. My best guess is that they are fixing bugs in the Oreo 8.1 release before they release it to the public for the R6, and since the R6 Pro uses 8.1, the Pro is probably dependent on the 8.1 release.

That is my theory atleast.

I hope the R6 Pro is around the same price as the A&K SR15, if it is, i'll grab the R6 Pro due to the better hardware and battery, but if its same price as the A&K SE100 (around 1700$USD) then i'll just get the SR15 :frowning2: since its cheaper for me here in Canada.

$1700 is highly unlikely.
I am hoping around $600-650.

I would probably be satisified with the R6, but I want the 4.4 connector, and the increased output power. I am a bit spoiled with the output of the Schiit Jotunheim.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2018 at 5:50 PM Post #52 of 4,006
Thats good to know, ive heard people have had issues with the hiby R6 battery, since its lithium ion they can't send it back to HK where hiby is based in.
I'm just afraid there might be a chance that the R6 Pro might encounter an issue and i might need to re-send it back to hiby for repair but they will refuse entry of my device due to the battery.
I personally sent an R6 for repair to Hiby in HK with no trouble whatsoever. Hiby does not play in the $1700 DAP space and never will. With the original R6 now selling for $455 (a real bargain for an awesome player) you should expect the Pro to come in maybe 50 bucks more than the R6 original price, so my guess is 620 for black and 670 for Stainless.

Dec 19, 2018 at 6:01 AM Post #53 of 4,006
I personally sent an R6 for repair to Hiby in HK with no trouble whatsoever. Hiby does not play in the $1700 DAP space and never will. With the original R6 now selling for $455 (a real bargain for an awesome player) you should expect the Pro to come in maybe 50 bucks more than the R6 original price, so my guess is 620 for black and 670 for Stainless.
if this is the case, i'll consider the Hiby very closely. but im afraid i'll only be able to buy it online and not be able to demo it in any audio store :frowning2:

Dec 19, 2018 at 6:07 AM Post #54 of 4,006
if this is the case, i'll consider the Hiby very closely. but im afraid i'll only be able to buy it online and not be able to demo it in any audio store :frowning2:

I am not able to demo it either, but reviews of the original R6 are good, so if the R6 Pro is as good, or better, then it is a no-brainer for me. I am willing to take the chance due to reviews if the original R6.

Dec 19, 2018 at 3:47 PM Post #55 of 4,006
I am not able to demo it either, but reviews of the original R6 are good, so if the R6 Pro is as good, or better, then it is a no-brainer for me. I am willing to take the chance due to reviews if the original R6.
I and many others crowdfunded the R6 on Indiegogo. I personally relied on reviews of pre production units and the amazing photos @Hawaiibadboy was posting literally every day. That, and @Joe Bloggs being on the forum non stop to answer questions. So yes, we all bought unauditioned.

Dec 19, 2018 at 4:11 PM Post #56 of 4,006
I and many others crowdfunded the R6 on Indiegogo. I personally relied on reviews of pre production units and the amazing photos @Hawaiibadboy was posting literally every day. That, and @Joe Bloggs being on the forum non stop to answer questions. So yes, we all bought unauditioned.

I would love to see the same participation this time around also. with some more info about when things are happening, estimates of price, and release for instance. Joe Bloggs have been contributing to this thread, and would love to see him more. :)

The first time I came across the R6 was in one of Hawaiibadboy's videos. So I compared his wideos, to others, and reviewing his others videos to get an idea of his credability.
I still want the R6 Pro, that pretty much summs things up. But it is hard to wait on something little as "soon".

Hiby answered the public a bit better earlier today regarding the Android 8.1 update for the R6. Was hoping for something simular for the R6 Pro

Screenshot_2018-12-19-10-05-01.png

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2018 at 4:40 PM Post #58 of 4,006
I am communicating directly with reps from Hiby. No news to share right now but expecting some any day now...

Give them a hint to share to the community please. :)

Dec 19, 2018 at 8:23 PM Post #60 of 4,006
could you guys recommend any reputable sites to order the hiby R6 Pro from canada?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back