Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Dec 3, 2019 at 4:21 PM Post #2,671 of 4,006
No, I am sorry I am about to throw this out of the window and buy a FiiO M11 pro

Qobuz performs terribly on my Hiby R6 pro

I reformatted the sd card with over 100 albums I had downloaded. (Which took a long time to download) And tonight I am trying to download them again. It's stuck at 33 albums and won't go further. I have rebooted it about 8 times.

I have blown SO MUCH time futzing with it.

Fiio M9 - crappy with Qobuz
HIBY R6 Pro - No different

Really angry.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2019 at 4:24 PM Post #2,672 of 4,006
No, I am sorry I am about to throw this out of the window and buy a FiiO M11 pro

Qobuz performs terribly on my Hiby R6 pro

I reformatted the sd card with over 100 albums I had downloaded. (Which took a long time to download) And tonight I am trying to download them again. It's stuck at 33 albums and won't go further. I have rebooted it about 8 times.

I have blown SO MUCH time futzing with it.

Fiio M9 - crappy with Qobuz
HIBY R6 Pro - No different

On to the next device now.

Really angry.
Good luck because i tried the Fiio M11 pro and it wasn't even close to the audio quality of the R6 Pro .The amp on the Fiio is much weaker and a big factor in my saying this.

Tell me I'm wrong when you get it!!

Dec 3, 2019 at 4:34 PM Post #2,673 of 4,006
Qobuz has been a disaster / huge time drain for me on Hiby R6 Pro - shame, as I do like the sound and build of it.

Dec 3, 2019 at 5:15 PM Post #2,675 of 4,006
I also found Qobuz too slow to have a good user experience. I also liked the sound, though it was very slow just moving around and loading track lists and I had some issues with getting a loud hiss instead of music on occasion when changing tracks. Unless someone has had better luck with Quboz on a different Android device, I would think this is a Quboz issue and not something specific to the R6 Pro. The GUI is very quick with Tidal and Amazon, I don't see how it could be the devices fault that it is slow on Qobuz, since I would think that running the GUI and downloading is pretty much plain old Android. But what do I know.

Dec 3, 2019 at 5:32 PM Post #2,676 of 4,006
Is the Tidal unpack (or MQA or whatever its called) issue sorted? Will the Hiby R6 Pro stream + download to SD card and playback @ the highest res Tidal masters and output them bit perfect?

I wonder what rock, pop & baroque music is available on Tidal? Can you get all the Rolling Stones catalog on it?

Thank you..

Perhaps its time to give up on Qobuz & Android in a DAP - but I sure wish Hiby engineers would make it run better - I must have sent about 20 crash reports so far..

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2019 at 5:41 PM Post #2,677 of 4,006
Is the Tidal unpack (or MQA or whatever its called) issue sorted? Will the Hiby R6 Pro stream + download to SD card and playback @ the highest res Tidal masters and output them bit perfect?

I wonder what rock, pop & baroque music is available on Tidal? Can you get all the Rolling Stones catalog on it?

Thank you..

Perhaps its time to give up on Qobuz & Android in a DAP - but I sure wish Hiby engineers would make it run better - I must have sent about 20 crash reports so far..
Yes Tidal MQA works fine on Hiby. It did not for awhile though. I have hunderes of Tidal gb's downloaded on SD card and it works flawlessly. I find audio quality is better on these downloads than streaming wirelessly. It has most but I'm not sure all of Rolling Stones catalog.

The catalog of music is far superior to Qobuz and why I subscribe to Tidal and not Qobuz.

Dec 3, 2019 at 6:00 PM Post #2,678 of 4,006
Looks like it's time for a divorce from Qobuz and to start using Tidal.

Dec 3, 2019 at 6:02 PM Post #2,679 of 4,006
Tidal on my iPhone now.

Can anyone kindly share the link to get it on my R6 Pro?

OK - flounce over.

I like the Tidal app already.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2019 at 6:16 PM Post #2,680 of 4,006
Hi, I’m looking for a new pair of IEM with not so high sensitivity and not so low impedance that will pair good with the high output power of my Hiby R6 Pro without having hissing. I listen mainly old Heavy Metal (Black Sabbath, Dio, Saxon, Ozzy Osbourne), Trash Metal (Metallica and Slayer) and Death Metal (Death) but also some Hard Rock (Deep Purple, Doors). I don’t like a very bassy sound but I like to hear clearly the double bass drum pedal and a realistic and powerful guitar sound.
My budget is about 500-600$ also from used products!

Could anyone help me with my choice please?
Thanks in advance to all!

Dec 3, 2019 at 6:50 PM Post #2,681 of 4,006
For the life of me, I can't get the r6 pro to connect to my EL DAC via coax... Has anyone else encountered this issue? Am I missing something? Maybe I need to do a firmware update? I don't know. I just got it. It works fine with the USB, though, but I really prefer the coaxial.

Aside from that, this DAP sounds outstanding especially with the ELEX.. it gives me chills listening to Beach House... That MSEB feature also really tames treble peaks.

Dec 3, 2019 at 6:59 PM Post #2,682 of 4,006
For the life of me, I can't get the r6 pro to connect to my EL DAC via coax... Has anyone else encountered this issue? Am I missing something? Maybe I need to do a firmware update? I don't know. I just got it. It works fine with the USB, though, but I really prefer the coaxial.

Aside from that, this DAP sounds outstanding especially with the ELEX.. it gives me chills listening to Beach House... That MSEB feature also really tames treble peaks.
Any chance you have not changed the line out setting to SPDIF in audio settings? (Drag down from top of screen, select audio settings, change "multifunction output" from Lineout to SPDIF)...

Dec 3, 2019 at 8:14 PM Post #2,684 of 4,006
Hi, I’m looking for a new pair of IEM with not so high sensitivity and not so low impedance that will pair good with the high output power of my Hiby R6 Pro without having hissing. I listen mainly old Heavy Metal (Black Sabbath, Dio, Saxon, Ozzy Osbourne), Trash Metal (Metallica and Slayer) and Death Metal (Death) but also some Hard Rock (Deep Purple, Doors). I don’t like a very bassy sound but I like to hear clearly the double bass drum pedal and a realistic and powerful guitar sound.

this is an interesting challenge and I have a suggestion that I think might start some research. You might want to look at Acoustune IEMs. The HS1551cu (Ironman colour scheme) may be something that would fit some of your criteria, but nothing beats trying them out if you can.
Here’s a review of the HS1551 that has more information on them https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/acoustune-hs1551-cu.22670/reviews#review-20969

They are single dynamic drivers, but are quite natural sounding and not too bass heavy but they have some sub-bass. I tried these but ended up taking the HS1650cu because I liked the clarity in highs more than the 1551’s

Here are some of the things that I like about them.
  • Kills the hiss - 32 ohms yet decent sensitivity. (Use low gain) 3.5mm single ended.
  • Super sturdy, great for those on the go
  • Decent isolation if you’re on public transport
  • I really enjoy the natural and smooth sound signature but your mileage may vary.
Hope that helps get you started.

Dec 3, 2019 at 8:35 PM Post #2,685 of 4,006

I really enjoy the Flares Pro 2 HD with the R6 Pro. I don't know the impedance rating, but they're not sensitive. They like a lot of power. Great sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back